Market manipulation

If we're talking about the currency market = how much money should I have to raise the price by 15 pips ? Take the euro-dollar - flat - how do I crash the euro or the dollar ?

Some people give different answers starting from 1 million to raise the price by 1 point - some say 1 billion - others say so.

I am interested in your opinion - on this subject - because in finance movies - very often we meet protagonists like Gekko who hold prices, drive them down, etc.

Mixon777:

We are talking about the currency market = what tools would I need to raise the price by 15 pips ? Let's take the euro-dollar - flat - how do I crash the euro or the dollar ?

It's easy, Watson. You look in the glass and calculate the volume up to the price you need. You get the approximate sum. Approximate because there may be someone else's stops on the way or new limiters will appear during this time and they all will need to be covered.

As soon as you start buying/selling, new bids will immediately appear in the cup.

Moreover, there are phantom bids in the cup, which are attracted to lure "fish". These bids quickly disappear as soon as the price approaches them.

Reshetov:
It's elementary, Watson. Look in the glass and count the volumes to the price you want. You get the approximate sum. Approximate because there may be someone else's stops on the way or new limiters will appear during this time and they all will need to be covered.

For this reason, the liquidity estimation is not done according to the market conditions. Therefore, liquidity assessment based on a single exchange will not give much for the currency market.

Mixon777:

We are talking about the currency market = what tools would I need to raise the price by 15 pips ? Let's take the euro-dollar - flat - how do I crash the euro or the dollar ?

You have to decide what to crash ?

Mixon777:

If we're talking about the currency market = how much money should I have to raise the price by 15 pips ? Take the euro-dollar - flat - how do I crash the euro or the dollar ?

Some people give different answers starting from 1 million to raise the price by 1 point - some say 1 billion - others say so.

I am interested in your opinion - on this subject - because in movies about finance - very often we meet protagonists like Gekko who hold prices, reset them, etc. - and so on.

In all those movies a la Gekko had in addition to money, a trusted insider network, insider information itself, preparation, the right moment and, as I recall, Gekko went to jail. In your case, the DC itself will deal with you like Basilio and Alice with Pinocchio's money.

Avals:

The tumblers are on separate sites, and even those are traded on the exchange type. Therefore, liquidity assessment based on a single stock will not give much insight into the foreign exchange market.

Those that are not on the stock exchange are not recorded anywhere at all and do not appear in tickers or quotes. Prices cannot be manipulated through the kitchens. This is why we are only talking about exchange stakes and not about leftist bookmakers.

hrenfx:

As soon as you start buying/selling, new bids will immediately appear in the betting market.

Moreover, there are phantom bids in the betting cup, which are attracted to lure "fish". These bids quickly disappear as soon as the price approaches them.

Well, arbitration bots don't take naps.

Mixon777:

I am interested in your opinion - on this subject - because in finance movies - very often we meet protagonists like Gekko who hold prices, drive them down, etc.

In what movie have you seen someone move forex? At most, moving the shares of some local unknown company.

Reshetov:

Those that are not exchange-traded are not recorded anywhere at all and do not appear in tickers or quotes. Prices cannot be manipulated through the kitchens. Therefore, we are only talking about exchange betting stakes and not about leftist bookmakers.

Interbank is not a bookmaker's office, it is just a different organisation of trading and no common volumes as banks are not obliged to show you the volumes of their transactions. There are a lot of stock exchanges and ECNs and a separate market is only a small part of the liquidity.

Comrades - you have been in this business for a long time = but still to raise the price by 1 point what is needed? - to do -

Mixon777:
Comrades - you have been in this business for a long time = but still to raise the price by 1 point what is needed? - to do -
Wait for a white candlestick, then focus your mind on a new candlestick and mentally try to move the price up by 1 pip. I'm sure it will work.
Reason: