Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 197

Leprechaun gives fairly general recommendations. Check out the forum address at http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=41813&page=15- there I give a more detailed daily and pre-visual justification for each (well almost) of my seasonal entries/exits.

leonid553:

Leprechaun gives fairly general recommendations. Check out the forum address at http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=41813&page=15- there I provide a more detailed, early and clear rationale for each (well, almost) of my seasonal entries.

Thanks, Leonid. I also read your "quasi-arbitrage" there regularly and keep getting acquainted...

By the way, just today the MRSI website's homepage has the seasonal new entrances freely available:

buying soybean oil and buying the bean-flour spread (1:1) http://www.mrci.com/web/index.php

For detailed statistics, click on any of the charts there and wait 10-15 seconds for detailed table charts to load!

An interesting short-term entry is looming for the non-standard spread ESH2-DXH2=2^3 (SP-500 Index - Dollar Index)!
Since the instruments go against each other, i.e. against each other, for convenience one of the instruments(DXH2) is set "reversed" in the indicators. And both instruments are sold or both are bought at the same time!
The price lines have now diverged! At this point, we are tracking the beginning of the convergence of price lines (the triangle turns sideways to the right), and both tools are sold:
SELL ESH2 - SELL DXH2 = 2^3 - (close positions - at the point of reversal)

(close positions at the point of convergence of lines)

leonid553:

There is an interesting short-term entry in the non-standard spread ESH2-DXH2=2^3 (SP-500 Index - Dollar Index)!
At the moment we are tracing the beginning of the convergence of price lines (triangle turn to the right) and both instruments are selling:
SELL ESH2 - SELL DXH2 = 2^3

(close positions - at the point of convergence of lines)

I am closing the spread positions. The price lines have not converged yet, but the spread indicator line has already reached the lower boundary of the channel. I do not want to leave these trades for weekend as well.

Congratulations to those who have used the recommendation! The total profit was 220 pips on the dollar index scale DXH2 (+42 ticks), the profit is shown in pips:

A question came in the mail today. On the silver-gold precious metals spread! I described the parameters of this spread XAG - XAU = 1^2 on the previous page (post 21.01.2012 10:28). I think the answer will be of interest to all present.

At the moment the price lines have diverged and the spread line has gone up and seems set to reverse downwards!

It would seem that it would be reasonable to trace the beginning of the price lines' convergence for selling this spread: SELL XAGUSD - BUY XAUUSD= 1^2 on Monday morning at the opening of trading.

I am now in a long term buy of this spread ( buy si - sell gc =1^2) on a multi-year seasonal trend! Here is a chart of the seasonality of the spread:

Although there is a slight correction down to February 7, but the main multi-year seasonal trend is still going up in the direction of buying the spread! Thus, I don't even know if this spread is worth short selling on Monday morning?

I will not give a specific recommendation here. Let everyone will make their decision on the opening of trades on February 6 according to the situation!

=============

Another interesting signal for arbitrage entry was found. Sell copper-silver spread:
SELL HGG2 - BUY SIH2 = 2^1
The price lines here have diverged and are set to converge. And the spread indicator line has deviated upwards and seems to be preparing for a downward reversal:

We'll see how it ends here on Monday! Good luck everyone!

I think these two instruments work very well (in terms of risk reduction), lots are almost 1:1... I would like to hear your opinion, maybe you have already tested the spread on these instruments?

I don't know how to do it... If i don't know, i can't do it and i'm not sure if i can do it... But i have my own, but i can't write my own.

Good afternoon!

I think there is no point in trading the pair of instruments you suggested (XAUUSD, XAUEUR) in pairs. It's easier to take the EURUSD currency pair and trade it alone, using the means of standard thechanalysis - you'll get the same, but you'll also save on asc-bid!

====================

"Profit harvesting scripts" (well said!) - I did it myself. And "there" in my Expert Advisor (and not in the script at all) is just the opposite - limit orders are used to open spread positions! And the closing of positions (and paired trailing) is implemented by the specified total profit (loss), exactly as you "would like". Here is a detailed description and download of the Expert Advisor: http://www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=1106967&postcount=2100

You can also open specified spread positions manually with specified magik (by default =0) - the Expert Advisor "picks up" them when you install it on the chart.

First time it worked fine, 2 further I don't understand, it closes the pose as soon as I switch it on(((((
Reason: