Need a new CPU ??? - page 9

E_mc2 >>: It is possible to look at AMD, but when they will appear 6 cores from AMD ...as it seems they will be released later than Intel. And taking into account that AMD completely loses in top sector, we can assume that 6 cores by AMD will just overtake the current Kore and7 on performance. The same way Phenom2 has caught up with Intel quads which have been on the market for 2 years already. Hence the price...they will probably cost less than Intel's CPUs.

There are such, 6-Core Opteron 2439 SE @ 2.8 GHz, cache 6x512 KB L2 + 6 MB L3 (Istanbul). And here is a topic about testing of different configurations . There are several similar tables for different tests. The performance of the Istanbul is probably on the level of the Core i7 920.

P.S. I was wrong. The performance is somewhere on the level of top-of-the-range Core 2 Duo.

Mathemat >> :

There is one, a 6-Core Opteron 2439 SE @ 2.8 GHz, 6x512 KB L2 cache + 6 MB L3 (Istanbul). And the topic about testing different configurations is here. There are several similar tables for different tests. The performance of the Istanbul is probably on the level of the Core i7 920.

P.S. I was wrong. The performance is somewhere on the level of top-of-the-range Core 2 Duo.

So Opteron is a server processor, it is priced according to the official price list, for bulk quantities - "The table contains prices for the latest versions of processors and is designed for bulk buyers (1000 packs), excluding buyers of unit packaged processors (PIBs). Prices shown are exclusive of VAT and other taxes. "The price is $1,019. http://www.amd.com/ru-ru/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_609,00.html This is excluding VAT and no markup from the peddlers!!! Haven't looked at how much it will retail for, but I think it will be at least $200 more expensive. Looked at the tables with test results...yeah it's about on the level of Intel's top dual core units. At best it can compete with the lower end Core and 7 models. And it's a top server 6 core for that kind of money, shows performance at the level of times cheaper Kor2 Dewo???? No way, no way the guests were screaming... And a server motherboard isn't cheap either. No way that's a 6-core...

I still don't get it!

Is the MT5 platform for progessors or is it for traders? Or maybe it is for dealers?

Who can give an answer, taking responsibility for their words?

hhohholl писал(а) >>

I still don't get it!

Is MT5 platform for progamers or for traders?

If it's for traders, it should run on 286 or Spectrum?

Figar0 >> :

If for traders, should it run on a 286 processor or Spectrum?

What's the big deal, 286... Let's adapt it to the wood chips. Maybe only then they'll stop creating such topics...

Renat >> :

By the way, there will be a 64-bit terminal and a multithreaded tester.

A 64-bit terminal would be very useful.

Renat >> :

If we succeed, it will be possible to organize entire calculation farms using standard methods, when calculation agents are launched on N computers and the head terminal controls them (assigns calculation tasks to the tester).

I miss the championship already. If we do farms, there will be no championship in 2010...

Renat >> :

It can accelerate calculations dozens of times. Additionally there will be many new features.

Well, by a factor of ten, it's a rare occurrence...

Renat >> :

We are not wasting years in development.

You will be horrified more than once in the next six months when you see new features and services being implemented.

I wouldn't want to be horrified. Especially not just once.
And instead of horror it would be better to see the 2010 championship on MT5 rather than MT4.

E_mc2 >> :

They become virtual only nominally. In reality, it's the physical cores that do all the work.

>> Really? Wow - I thought the spirit was a saint in this case.

HyperTrading is not really a multi-core technology, it is a technology for optimizing the physical core load. In physical terms, HyperTrading does not provide a second core, it only provides optimal loading of the physical core by allowing idle core resources to be utilized in order to run another thread. Hyper Trading is not a separate kernel per se, it just runs on the kernel. There is no way a kernel can jump over its own performance level. That is to say, if a core is giving peak performance of say 100 units. There is no way Hyper Trading can surpass the physical limit of the core and give you at least 101 units of performance. As I said it can only optimize and maximize the core load, thereby avoiding downtime of individual processor processing units and thus giving a power boost. If a core has, say, 70% utilization then Hyper Trading can help load the remaining 30%. But it will not give more power than core can give. This is why there is only 10% average gain from Hyper Trading. It means that it helps to overload cores by just this 10%.

I understood my post as a refresher on your story, not an argument. That is true. But thanks for the story - it will be interesting for someone.

===

Z.U.

If you're too lazy to write in English, keep in mind that Thread is not pronounced like Trade and is transliterated too. Otherwise they will think that you are moving a competing product here - HyperTrader. ))))))

SHOCK... I thought I'd be the last one and there it is...... https://forum.mql4.com/ru/25722/page86#235611

Renat писал(а) >>

By the way, there will be a 64 bit terminal and a multithreaded tester as well.

MQL5, respectively, will be adapted to the 64-bit platform, too? I mean, will it be possible to use arrays larger than 4 gb?

Reason: