Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1016

There are of course beautiful panels with buttons - but I'm afraid to even get into them

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You can also do it in an indicator, it's a bit more convenient.

What it wants is an EA. Tracking trade results and making a decision to continue/freeze it. It does not look like an indicator. ))) But I may be wrong, indicators are not my thing ))))

renatmt5:

The indicator is clearer to me because I can see the pattern. But I don't quite understand what an EA is. I'm trying to send in EAs from the library - I don't see anything except the name of the EA in the right corner :))))

Many EAs use indicator(s). The indicators themselves may not be shown on the chart. And you can see the work of the EA only by opening/closing positions (exaggerated) and the result of these actions.

Сергей Таболин:

What it wants is already an advisor. Tracking trading results and deciding whether to continue/freeze the trade. Well, it doesn't look like an indicator... ))) But I may be wrong, indicators are not my thing ))))

Sometimes I try to use too much Expert Advisor and not too much money, I may be wrong in expressing my request. If the EA, but not the indicator will draw my line or the suboxone with countdown timer - also an option. True, I'm planning to add more graphics(horizontal lines and slopes - levels in general), I do not know whether it is possible to do so with the help of Expert Advisors.

renatmt5:
Sergey, I'm really not good with terminology (Expert Advisors, EAs), so perhaps I have formulated this request incorrectly. If the EA, but not the indicator draws my line or displays it as a timer with countdown - also an option. True, I'm planning to add more graphics(horizontal lines and slopes - levels in general), I do not know whether it is possible to do so with the help of Expert Advisors

In my opinion, it is with the help of EAs (experts, robots) that this can be done.

In simplified terms: an indicator is a tool (like a ruler, tester....) and an EA is someone who uses this tool and makes decisions.

Сергей Таболин:

In my opinion, it is with the help of EAs (experts, robots) that this can be done.

In simplified terms: an indicator is a tool (like a ruler, a tester....) and an EA is someone who uses this tool and makes decisions.

I still want to create an appropriate technical environment for manual trading, because I don't have a specific trading strategy, which can be formulated as a code, yet. That is why I am thinking to create a combined indicator to process the information visually and then run it through testers, as it is probably the custom.

renatmt5:

I still want to create the appropriate technical environment for manual trading, because I do not have a specific trading strategy that can be formulated as a code yet. This is why I am thinking to create a combined indicator to process information visually, and then run it through testers, as it is probably the custom.

Your business, of course...

But you really have much to learn (learn).

For example, Expert Advisors can be fully autonomous - they trade without human participation, according to the logic (trading strategy).

There are semi-automatic - before performing an action, they request a confirmation.

Also, one can use them to draw the Big Dipper on a chart. Or a million scarlet roses ))))

Сергей Таболин:

It's up to you, of course...

But you really still have a lot to learn.

For example, Expert Advisors can be fully autonomous - they trade without human intervention, according to the logic (trading strategy).

There are semi-automatic ones - before performing an action, they request a confirmation.

Also, one can use them to draw the Big Dipper on a chart. Or a million scarlet roses ))))

As for learning a lot, yes, I agree. I have some experience in writing code in PHP, Javascript and some time ago I wrote some indicators for Rumus in Rulang, that's why I decided that studying MQL5 will not be that hard. However, I did not manage to learn it quickly - I did not understand the syntax in general. I haven't found any step by step "from A to Z" training literature :(

renatmt5:

I have some experience in writing PHP and Javascript. I have some experience in writing code in PHP, Javascript and some time ago I wrote some indicators for Rumus in Rulang, that's why I decided that studying MQL5 will not be that hard. However, I did not manage to learn it quickly - I did not understand the syntax in general. I couldn't find any step by step "from A to Z" training literature :(

It's not fatal. It would only take a will :)

Yes, Sergei, that's right.
Reason: