Elite indicators :) - page 481

smoothing

Hello mladen,

saw that you already modified this indicator. Would you please be so kind and add also smoothing ?

thanks in advance

derfel

Files:
kwan_mtf.mq4  7 kb

Dtosc floating levels ...

ValeoFX

This is a dtosc with floating levels added. You might want to experiment a bit with MionMaxPeriod. Default for it is set to 50 bars look back period

ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

I really like the "rsi - floating levels" indicator and I am wondering if you could possibly do the same for the "#DTosc" as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

mladen:
ValeoFX

This is a dtosc with floating levels added. You might want to experiment a bit with MionMaxPeriod. Default for it is set to 50 bars look back period

=============

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you ever so much. I certainly will experiment with it and let you know which settings worked best for me.

As always deeply appreciated.

Successful day to you.

Best regards.

Preliminary report

ValeoFX:
=============

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you ever so much. I certainly will experiment with it and let you know which settings worked best for me.

As always deeply appreciated.

Successful day to you.

Best regards.

===================

Hello Mladen,

This far the settings I found best on my 14,14,5,3,3 setting is 90/10-levels and 50 look-back. As a matter of interest, if I switch "look-back" to 100, does that than represent the "normal" levels on an indicator?

See attached screen-print for overheating areas, where I find it to dove-tail perfectly with the RSi-floating levels.

Excellent work as usual and thanking you once again for sharing your expertise with us.

Wishing you a great weekend.

MACD floating levels ...

ValoFX

You pointed out one thing that I seem to forgot to explain in more detail. The what does the MinMaxPeriod exactly do.

Floating levels work on an assumption that the changes in the values of the indicator should be used for levels instead of some "abstract" levels. To do that indicator is looking for minimal and maximal value in the required period and then uses that range as a 100% of a change. As a consequence, the longer the look back period, the higher the probability that minimum and maximum are going to resemble to actual minimum and maximum values. So, if you want a more "dynamic" levels, make the look back period shorter. If you wish it to be "inert" make the look back period longer

The good thing with floating levels is that they do not need a bounded indicator in order to have some levels.

Here is an example : made a MACD with floating levels. As we all know MACD is an unbounded indicator (without a known minimum and maximum) and that is the reason why it is not used with some levels for over bought and over sold as rsi or stochastic are usually used. But try it with floating levels, and all of a sudden MACD becomes a completely different story. That way we are squeezing out more information than it was originally possible from an indicator and that is the main reason why I like the floating levels idea

To cut the lengthy post short : I wish a pleasant weekend to all

ValeoFX:
===================

Hello Mladen,

This far the settings I found best on my 14,14,5,3,3 setting is 90/10-levels and 50 look-back. As a matter of interest, if I switch "look-back" to 100, does that than represent the "normal" levels on an indicator?

See attached screen-print for overheating areas, where I find it to dove-tail perfectly with the RSi-floating levels.

Excellent work as usual and thanking you once again for sharing your expertise with us.

Wishing you a great weekend.

Most excellent Mladen

mladen:
ValoFX

You pointed out one thing that I seem to forgot to explain in more detail. The what does the MinMaxPeriod exactly do.

Floating levels work on an assumption that the changes in the values of the indicator should be used for levels instead of some "abstract" levels. To do that indicator is looking for minimal and maximal value in the required period and then uses that range as a 100% of a change. As a consequence, the longer the look back period, the higher the probability that minimum and maximum are going to resemble to actual minimum and maximum values. So, if you want a more "dynamic" levels, make the look back period shorter. If you wish it to be "inert" make the look back period longer

The good thing with floating levels is that they do not need a bounded indicator in order to have some levels.

Here is an example : made a MACD with floating levels. As we all know MACD is an unbounded indicator (without a known minimum and maximum) and that is the reason why it is not used with some levels for over bought and over sold as rsi or stochastic are usually used. But try it with floating levels, and all of a sudden MACD becomes a completely different story. That way we are squeezing out more information than it was originally possible from an indicator and that is the main reason why I like the floating levels idea

To cut the lengthy post short : I wish a pleasant weekend to all

=========================================================

First and foremost, thank you for a brilliant explanation of the floating levels and I now know why it makes sense for me when trading them.

Secondly, for using the MACD to illustrate the point, is magical.

Finally, may you enjoy the weekend with your family.

Best personal regards.

MACD Oscillator

Anyone know where to get MACD Oscillator like picture above, Please tell me.

Hi Premeus,

this one should be do the job, it has double color OsMA, arrows, magnifier and the proper calculation (most important...)

Hope ti fits what you're looking for.

Best Regards

Premeus:
Anyone know where to get MACD Oscillator like picture above, Please tell me.
Files:
emacd.gif  54 kb

question

Hi mladen

I would like you to do the work, a very important indicator shows peaks and valleys HP_DIFF it can be differentiated to make it open source

Files:
1.jpg  149 kb
hp.rar  31 kb

pawel

As far as I see these are all a using Hodrick-Prescott filter. Will try to figure out what does HP_DIFF do internally. Just keep in mind that Hodrick-Prescott filter recalculates and that you should be very careful if you are using it for peaks identification since (if the HP_DIFF uses Hodrick-Prescott filter too) it will change values backwards

pawel-:
Hi mladen

I would like you to do the work, a very important indicator shows peaks and valleys HP_DIFF it can be differentiated to make it open source

Reason: