Elite indicators :) - page 487

Yes, it is right

Just one thing that maybe needs clarification : it is how metatrader 4 stores historical data. It is simple : symbol name+period(in minutes). So, if you would have EURUSD than you would have to have EURUSD1, EURUSD2, EURUSD3, EURUSD4, EURUSD5, EURUSD6, EURUSD10 ... and so on in the history\ folder, and as long as the symbol name is not changed (from the period converter) you could even use those non standard time frames from iCustom()

What you can not do is to backtest the custom time frames (they - the metatrader does not allow that)

dasio:
Thank you for your reply,

So it is possible to add in all type of indicator a Non Standard Multitimeframe based on immission of a Multiplier according with rules : the multiplier must be a dividend of standard TF of MT.

Example in 1 min chart i can use only (1,2,3,5,6,10, etcetc.)

It's Right?

I guess that at least 100 times I told already that I regret that I made centered TMA.

So many magic tributes assigned to it that it seems as a disease - and all I tried is to help people reading Brian Millard and J.M.Hurst books about cycles. Instead we are having zillion attempts all around the net to use it exactly the way those two never though it should be used.

Of the rest going around "TMA" (since people do not want to know the difference between TMA (triangular moving average - that never recalculates) and centered TMA (that recalculates)) not even worth talking : we are having "Solar wind" believers, "TMA" believers ... as if we are talking about religion not technical analysis :)

ValeoFX:
=========================

Good morning Mladen,

No thanks, there is enough confusion already and one more will certainly send me to the madhouse.

Thank you for your time and expert advise. It is always good.

Best regards.

Adding o that...

mladen:
:)

I guess that at least 100 times I told already that I regret that I made centered TMA.

So many magic tributes assigned to it that it seems as a disease - and all I tried is to help people reading Brian Millard and J.M.Hurst books about cycles. Instead we are having zillion attempts all around the net to use it exactly the way those two never though it should be used.

Of the rest going around "TMA" (since people do not want to know the difference between TMA (triangular moving average - that never recalculates) and centered TMA (that recalculates)) not even worth talking : we are having "Solar wind" believers, "TMA" believers ... as if we are talking about religion not technical analysis :)

========================================

I am having a good laugh reading your reply, Mladen.

Could we add "Hodrick Prescott Filter noLambda" to that list?

Thanking you for not "losing it" with all the questions being asked.

Best wishes.

Cap in hand...

mladen:
ValeoFX

I can do that but than it would be making it a "signaling mode" indicator. Did you read the original post (this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) about the recalculating nature of the centered TMA?

In my opinion making it a histogram version would cause significant misleading sometimes.

Let me know what you think

============================

Hello Mladen,

I come with my cap in my hand asking if you would be kind enough to make me the Histogram version anyway, please.

If I land in the "nut-house" it will not be your fault.

Thanking you most sincerely.

:)

ValeoFX

Here you go. It is not difficult to make it but please always keep in mind that TMA is going to recalculate (so, if TmaHalfPeriod is set to 5, last 5 bars can change its value in some case, so please, no "signaling mode" usage unless you are having suicidal thoughts)

ValeoFX:
============================

Hello Mladen,

I come with my cap in my hand asking if you would be kind enough to make me the Histogram version anyway, please.

If I land in the "nut-house" it will not be your fault.

Thanking you most sincerely.
Files:

Thanks Mladen

mladen:
:):)

ValeoFX

Here you go. It is not difficult to make it but please always keep in mind that TMA is going to recalculate (so, if TmaHalfPeriod is set to 5, last 5 bars can change its value in some case, so please, no "signaling mode" usage unless you are having suicidal thoughts)

=====================

Many thanks Mladen. I wish I can add all the laughing men on this post, but I am sure you too had a good chuckle.

Will let you know sometime next week should I not be in the "nut house" and please note I did not say the "nuts"-house.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead.

Hello,

What should I change in the code of this indi so that it doesn't keep drawing the levels when I change the timeframe of the graph ?

Thanks.

cci_-_nrp_amp_mtf_advanced.mq4

airquest

Comment out the lines that goe like this (in the init())

SetLevelValue(0,OverBought);

SetLevelValue(1,OverSold);[/PHP]

So they should look like this :

[PHP]// SetLevelValue(0,OverBought);

// SetLevelValue(1,OverSold);

Or you can delete them all together

airquest:
Hello,

What should I change in the code of this indi so that it doesn't keep drawing the levels when I change the timeframe of the graph ?

Thanks.

cci_-_nrp_amp_mtf_advanced.mq4

May I sneak one more in...............

Mladen,

Your #DTosc floating levels" attached, would you be kind enough and just add the usual Arrows for me, plse? I have looked for one, but could not find it. No rush.

Many thanks.

Reason: