Another Demark Trendline Trader - page 4

linuxser,so far the best tf do you use with demark trendline is H4 right?

darkkiller:
linuxser,so far the best tf do you use with demark trendline is H4 right?

Sometimes is where you have the best price projection. But I like H1 too. See the picture on my blog. Bigger TF offers better SR, eg: a trendline break on H4 is most important than a M15 break.

Did you ever find it

Did you ever find a MTF demark trend line indicator ?

darkkiller:
Linuxser,do you have trendline Demark with historical or MTF on it?

toddanderson:
Did you ever find a MTF demark trend line indicator ?

I have something close for the Advanced Trading thread. It's not DM exactly but it works. It's here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

After an extensive review of trendline trading, and several trendline trading techniques- in my opinion that Demark trendline trading is no different from triangle pattern trading using trendlines- aside from the fact that generally that large triangle patterns are obviously much smaller on Demark Patterns.

I wouldn't see much use using Demark MTF indicators simply because the value and the strength of the break out is dependant on the close of the candle. Hence if you enter a 1H Demark break on a 1M chart, you could be in for a ugly reversal.

Cheers,

Walander:
After an extensive review of trendline trading, and several trendline trading techniques- in my opinion that Demark trendline trading is no different from triangle pattern trading using trendlines- aside from the fact that generally that large triangle patterns are obviously much smaller on Demark Patterns.

I wouldn't see much use using Demark MTF indicators simply because the value and the strength of the break out is dependant on the close of the candle. Hence if you enter a 1H Demark break on a 1M chart, you could be in for a ugly reversal.

Cheers,

You need to do a more extensive review. And if possible read DM books.

Considering out of 150 books I downloaded, I've read 130, one of which includes DeMark,Tom - DeMark on day-trading options- As it was very thorough on its description of TD techniques- I found that it didn't add as much value as some others.

Which is why I don't consider it as a vital technique in my trading methods. Now say, consider if you were to read two books, and one of which included DeMark,Tom - DeMark on day-trading options- and or any other TD line methods- then yes, maybe it is a vital source.

Maybe if you'd like to suggest some of TD books that I should read Linuxser?

Walander:
Considering out of 150 books I downloaded, I've read 130, one of which includes DeMark,Tom - DeMark on day-trading options- As it was very thorough on its description of TD techniques- I found that it didn't add as much value as some others. Maybe if you'd like to suggest some of TD books that I should read Linuxser?

That book is not the best place to read about TD trading methods because is focused on options.

First you need to read his first book "The new science of Technical Analysis" and then "New Market Timing Techniques".

Without first one it's impossible to understand DM ideas.

Second is the hidden DM face (the commercial one) and he destroyed his first book, it's something like "buy my indies" and "sposored by..", but it's readable and with some knowledge you could even code some ideas as I did.

Will do, thanks for the suggestion

Reason: