Discussion of article "Step-by-Step Guide to Writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners" - page 7

The EA is opening many positions both buy and sell.

best way to correct it is This: 

if(Buy_Condition_1 && Buy_Condition_2)

{

if(Buy_Condition_3 && Buy_Condition_4)

{

// any opened Buy position?

if(Buy_opened || Sell_opened)         

{

Alert("We already have a open Position!!!");

return;    // Don't open a new Buy Position

}

---------------The same is applicable to the sell  position-----------------------

The original code under opens multiple positions:

if(Buy_Condition_1 && Buy_Condition_2)

{

if(Buy_Condition_3 && Buy_Condition_4)

{

// any opened Buy position?

if(Buy_opened )    //Error,  should be:    if(Buy_opened || Sell_opened)   

Alert("We already have a open Position!!!");

return;    // Don't open a new Buy Position

}

chucks4sure:

Please edit your post and use the code button (Alt + S) when posting code.

VikMorroHun:

It's a bug in the EA. Take a look at page 2 where the solution is.

Better approach: use https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/ctrade class.

I'v got 4756 error, I saw the solution in page 2, and I checked orginal code, there was ZeroMemory(mrequest); in line 218 itself. but I have still the error 4756. 

Hi All,

Brand new to MQL5 (and FOREX for that matter) but, long time programmer. I opened the My_First_EA.mq5 file and compiled but, I'm not getting the Debug functions. If I open any of the example script files I do get the Debug option. Also received a warning return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked. What do I have to do to get Debug functionality?

Louis

louisd:

Hi All,

Brand new to MQL5 (and FOREX for that matter) but, long time programmer. I opened the My_First_EA.mq5 file and compiled but, I'm not getting the Debug functions. If I open any of the example script files I do get the Debug option. Also received a warning return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked. What do I have to do to get Debug functionality?

Louis

Hi All,

Figured out my own issue. I created a new Project with the Expert Advisor Wizard and then just copied in the My_First_EA.mq5 file and I get debug functionality.

Louis 

louisd:

Hi All,

Figured out my own issue. I created a new Project with the Expert Advisor Wizard and then just copied in the My_First_EA.mq5 file and I get debug functionality.

Louis 

But have you fixed the 'OrderSend should be checked' warning?

Boobwood:

I'v got 4756 error, I saw the solution in page 2, and I checked orginal code, there was ZeroMemory(mrequest); in line 218 itself. but I have still the error 4756. 

I also still have this error having made both suggested corrections:

ZeroMemory(mrequest);

and also

if(Buy_opened || Sell_opened)

Please can someone help with the error 4756? It just seems unable to place a Buy Order.

Hello, Thank you for the tutorial, it was very helpful. But i have a misunderstanding, the New_Time variables declared and initialized with the CopyTimes function but Old_Time was declared but not initialized at first and then it was compared to the New_Time variable to verify is there a new bar. Old_Time is supposed to be empty. I don't know i described it well but thanks for reading.

Hi,

Similarly, I have the error code 4756 when running testing and said " Sell order request could not be completed ".

Please inform how to solve this.

Thank 

Many thanks for the excellent article. Where and how would one implement the Intraday Time Filter module into your code?
Reason: