Enter Trades on Local Computer, Remote Server Executes Them

I have used remote desktop connection (RDC) before, to access my trading platform on a remote server. The "round trip" time delay, however, makes this practice quite frustrating. As an example, I will click on my mouse, wait for it to register on RDC. nothing happens. I click again, and in a second or two RDC suddenly picks up both clicks, screwing up my trade and taking up valuable time.

So is it possible to have some sort of script or EA which would allow me to set up my trades on the MT4 platform on my local computer, but have the remote server actually execute them? A specific example of this setup would be:

1. I want to enter a buy at market trade now.

2. I want this trade to "trigger" a trailing stop EA.

4. I want to be able to turn off my computer, and let the remote server finish the trade.

This way I don't have to worry about losing interent connection or some other failure on my local computer.

Essentially I want to know (a) if this is possible (b) has someone else already written the codes, or (c) if a VPS host is already offering this kind of setup for traders.

If the above is difficult to understand, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks!

use windows API - functions stored in DLLs - to access a file in a web address. As an example, this file could be like that:

http:\\www.somewebaddress\mynickanme\mytrades.txt

buy eurusd 0.1 1.3000 1.2900 1.3500

sell gbpjpy 0.1 148.00 147.00 149.00

every 30 seconds your EA would read "mytrades.txt" for any new instructions you put inside. If so, it grabs them and tries to execute each one (if market still ok for it). Instead of BUY/SELL you can try buystop/sellstop or limit-like orders. If you leave the file empty, then the EA would do anything. I have used such approach, not to trade but, to draw trend/support/resistence lines at my charts, so that EAs could use them to detect trading opportunities.

In order to use an existent DLL, or making your own, see for instance 'Http Client' . Manipulation of "mytrades.txt" is as usually: a simple text editor and a file transfer program.

Can you use this app for remote access - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mt4remote ?

Thanks

Michelle 

jrtaylor:

I have used remote desktop connection (RDC) before, to access my trading platform on a remote server. The "round trip" time delay, however, makes this practice quite frustrating. As an example, I will click on my mouse, wait for it to register on RDC. nothing happens. I click again, and in a second or two RDC suddenly picks up both clicks, screwing up my trade and taking up valuable time.

So is it possible to have some sort of script or EA which would allow me to set up my trades on the MT4 platform on my local computer, but have the remote server actually execute them?

1. Set the remote to black background, simple theme, low resolution to improve the delay.
  2. Have BOTH platforms connected to the SAME account. When you open a trade locally, the other will see the open trade. EA running on that one can manage it.
Reason: