General - page 912

Hi, I've tried everything, but simply can not download/install expert advisors from mql5.com to my mt4 working in a Linux Machine. It used to be very easy in the past, when I could simply download the files. But now, the browser asks for the application itself, but, friend, Linux is not Windows, the...
AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_EQUITY) returns 0.0. This occurs maybe 50% of the time. The rest of the time it returns 10000, which is the value I set in the tester. The same EA functions as I would expect on build 1643. That is, I cannot get AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_EQUITY) to return 0.0 no matter how...
Im asked to generate a .set file in order to continue with a process of arbitration and i didn't find any reference on how to generate such file with the .set extension  Could someone please tell me how can i put the following information on a .set file:- (demo account login & password, trade server...
hi every on. I have an EA and I want to optimize it by Matlab. how can I write my EA in matlab? does any one have any sources for studing?
  Repository STORAGE|SVN  (13   1 2)
Hello, there seams to be something wrong after the last upgrade. When I launched the Metaeditor it was not connected to the storage so I have connected it again. but there were no icons that my codes are synchronized. I had to add the scripts to repository again. But when I commit some code. I can't...
Hi folks, AE backtesting works fine with any ea incl. my local network farm. Even with free ea's from market folder. But when I bought an ea and tried backtesting with my network farm, I got: genetic pass (0, 545) tested with error "cannot load expert [539]" I couldn't get any information for the...
Hi all, is there a way to clear an Excel sheet? I'm trying to create an Excel sheet to monitor my positions in real time. Thank you!
is there any indicator available for mt5, which can calculate average movement of pair.  
Hi everybody, Does MetaTrader support encrypted currencies, such as Bitcoine
Hi guys, I'm relatively new and I wanted to know why I always get a series of huge losses at the end of strategy tester. I always notice this on testing different EAs, they all seem to have a series of huge losses and stop out all at around the same date on different forex pairs which is very...
I just bought 0.01 ltc mini and instantly lost 5 euro anybody knows what caused this
I have a profitable system based on volume and divergences. The problem is that I want to switch to MT5 platform but inidcator are MT4. Is there a way to make them work on the new MT5?I attach the indicators Thanks
Hi All, I'm having issues downloading/buying expert advisor from Chrome on a macOS for MT5. So, I click on the "download" button, a pop up is asking me if I have already install MT5 but after clicking "YES" nothing happened. I tried with different browsers and I'm getting the same issue. I do not...
I keep on getting add requests from some in here in the website, and when i look at the systems being sold i can easily find a backtest that made 10k into a million or something close Before i answer back any of the 5 or 6 add requests, has any of you guys made money and became profitable and if so...
Hello, What version of C++ does MQL5 look like? C++ 11? Regards,
I applied a paid signal to my account, and 2 mins later realised I was logged into my demo account, doh. Can I switch it to my real account? does anyone know how to do that? Cheers.
Dear Expert, In the attached EA, there are only 3 lines containing KL: input double KL   = 2;    // увеличение лота if(OrderProfit()<0) lot=OrderLots()*KL; if(profit<0) lot=LastLot*KL; How come when KL is given a value like 1, 2 or 3, the EA works fine; but if KL is given a value like 1.3, 1.5, etc....
Can CUDA of GPU of NVIDIA be used for the backing test of MT4, not MT5 ? Please teach the method if you can use CUDA.
I have Installed Metatester 5 Agents Manager in my Windows 7 OS and they are running but i can't see them at my account in Mq5.com Agents section? Why? I can't get it and I want to know that.
Hi, just a question of curiosity. A number of known brokers (ie. some listed on myfxbook) have their broker specific MT4 platforms for download through MQL5.com as a .exe file. In order for MQL5.com to act as a provider for these platform downloads, are there minimum standards that the "broker" has...
hi there and HAPPY NEW YEAR. I have a demo account not this one though and am wondering if there is anyway someone could look at trades losses on gbp/usd and tell me how I am doing ..... should I of taken a nose dive onto the pavement with it :/ please add me to friends if you have some time to look...
Greetings, I am a begineer trader. My problem is that my MQL5 programs only work with the MT4 account i had when i purchased them. When I created a new MT4 account, MQL5 account would connect, but the expert advisors wouldn't work as intended, even if the "smiley face" was happy on the graphs
Hi, "Drawdown" column in Optimization Results is incorrect. as the doc mentioned: Drawdown — the relative drawdown of equity, the largest loss in percents from the maximal value of equity. Withdrawal of assets by an Expert Advisor during optimization is taken into account during drawdown
hello, My EA have problem with a history, --not enough history.. I understand that it should be the bar history, but i cannot check how many bar in the history files. Do some one can advise this? chaiya
hi..i have purchased an indicator but its not showing on my toolbox of anything purchased ..what shall i do
please I want code programming to run an expert advisor only on the daily and avoid going into other periods  thanks 
How do I calculate profits per pip when trading standard, mini or micro lots? Thanks in advance!
Good evening, good morning. I am looking for an autotrader for me. What I would like is to have his own autotrader so that people who enter my autotrader, have the bets that I put. Basically, when I bet, it will automatically bet to other accounts that have registered with my auto trader. Is there...
  Calculate RSI  (1)
Hi, I'm looking for a script how to calculate (predict) the pricevalue of the currentbar when the RSI=30. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm using MQL5 . Greetings Bruun
[Deleted]
  MT5 is for programmers, not traders  (223   1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23)
Reading the forum I come to the conclusion that most of the people here are hardcore programmers. Also it seems to me that MT5 with its programming language was created more for programmers than for traders. And the programmer must use MQL5 to create possibilities for earning, but what should trader