General - page 759

I have a simple EA that closes a trade at the start of a new bar & then opens a new one. It works fine in Strategy Tester on all timeframes except Monthly (it takes no trades at all). Apparently, it changes Start Time to the current date which seems to explain why it doesn't take trades. Why does it...
  shaikhzaid ali  (1)
i need help i csnt open mi acaunt
Hello, I would like to implement a command in parameters to choose the direction of trading : Buy or Sell. Like in the example attached. What type of variable is it ? Bool ? I'm a real beginner in coding. Thanks for your help. Thierry
hello same Have rent 2 software but cant downloaded.. Payment is done conrad666
Just recently when running some backtests on MT5, each test is taking up 20+ gigs of storage space on my SSD. I found that this is because of the Log file that is created in the Testing folder during the test. If I want to run another test I have to close MT5, delete that log file to free up enough...
Hi, when I tried getting the last price deal using the codes below, the information that I get from SYMBOL_LAST and SYMBOL_BID are just the same and it never changed. They are supposed to be different because when someone short the market, the SYMBOL_LAST should show me the ASK price and not the BID...
Hello, I just bought an indicator, it works great on one of my computer but not on the other (same MT4 build: 840) same everything (broker, install, etc) just on one of them I don't have signal tab nor market tab. What does mql5 requierd to work ?? Because clearly one of my computer is missing...
The MetaTrader 5 platform now supports the Skrill payment system, which allows making online transaction in over 40 currencies by simply specifying an email address. Skrill is the eighth payment method featured in the popular trading platform. MetaTrader 5 also supports Visa, MasterCard and UnionPay...
Here is a challenge for all you IT experts:- Of about 70 of my market items (indys & eas), about 10 attach to my charts ONLY if terminal.exe was started as Administrator. And vice versa, if NOT started with Admin rights, the 60 work, but the 10 don't attach... so they will all attach, but I need to...
It is my fervent opinion that the best way for traders to trade is to fix their mindset on the pips rather than on the dollar sign. I can offer many reason why this is so but to keep it simple the dollars are behind the pips. So if you practice and focus on gathering pips you will suddenly realize...
As from title, which market in forex is the most lively, or we can say has the fastest movement. To me it seems to be GBPUSD...is there an article or a research about that? Thank you.
Hey guys. Im using the ATR indicator to set my stop loss. in order to backtest I need two lines on the chart the ATR(14) distance and 1.5 x ATR(14) distance from the candle close.  I've search everywhere but can't find a indicator that does the trick. tried different atr channels and keltner channel...
Hello All, I registered to MQL5.com VPS and synchronized my MT4 with the Expert, then I exited the MT4. Conditions were met by the expert but no trades triggered by the VPS, whereas my other account with another broker attached with the same EA has triggered a trade locally in my PC. Any clue please...
Hi Members Of MQL5, I have a question please. Who do I contact if I see one of my charts displaying information is incorrect? I mean like the "Balance" A while back I am sure you used "Service Desk", but that is for money issues for "Signals" now I believe.  Many thanks for any assistance given and...
How long should this last? Will this fix itself over time or does the mql5 ranking system just hate fast growing signals altogether? Low drawdown, low max deposit load, average losses are smal, position hold times aren't short... I can't work out what else the problem could be except growth? I can...
Hi, When I want to pay the selected signal for subscription from my MT4 trading platform , I choose the option MQL5 payment and then, the following error message appears : "this program can not display the web page" All payment methods are not working too (visa, paypal,...) with the same message. Do
hi, i need change data folder to other local , plz send me instructions  
How can i turn over a drawn trendline without the line being streched or decreased? At the end, or begin, of the line you can grab it for turning, but there is a great chance that it will be streched or decreased in length... Is there a function which will lock the line so it can  smoothly  be...
Hi All, I want to create the EA for Binary option. Gone through with some videos and it shows that thre is an option named as "BO" in the meta trader. I am using Mrading Meta Trader 4, unable to find the same. Can somebody help me for the same?
I want to subscribe to one more VPS since I want to install new MT4 terminal and also shift existing MT4. But with my  existing VPS the trades are open for existing MT4 and I will have to wait before I close the trades. Please advise the following: Can I have 2 VPS Forex non MQL5 VPS (private VPS)...
Hi coders, Does anybody have an example to use exponential calculation in MQL5? I need to calculate a i (return tax) by a specific time. Let's say, I need to perfor this calculation: (FV/PV)ˆ(1/n)-1 I couldn't apply properly MathExp(), or exp(). Thanks
Backtesting is almost unusable/not working anymore since the update to build 2006. The bad thing is that you can't use an older working version as it will be overwritten instantly. All tester Cores are rejecting the tasks immediately. After a few thousands rejected tasks (that happens in seconds)...
As my EA gets more robust it inevitably is taking longer to backtest. What operations should I avoid to help speed up the bot, are there certain things I should/should not be doing. I know that I will have to optimize my code somehow I just dont know where I should be looking. Thanks
Hi  Actually I am using a EA who calls a indicator using ICustom and ChartIndicatorAdd function, so I would like to have only one .ex5 program. But This indicator also has images as resources, so I have a problem because the resources from indicator does not work when are called from EA: Calling...
Hi,    I am developing a EA wich should be able to send data via FIX Protocol. Someone knows about any library or API for MT5?
How do you calculate a signal's highest drawdown in points instead percentage?
i add a free signal, and show me in red, the subscription is not permitted, why?, i trust in this signal, i use a good ea robot, but i start from 0 trades, i dont have history
I subscribed to the vps of Mql5 (virtual hosting). I wish to stop it for next month but it will automatically extend each month and I do not know how to stop this automatic extension. Could someone tell me how to do ?
I'm optimizing an EA and outputting files based on its behavior. I need to use the Agents in MT5's cloud network to do this. So far I've been able to find the output files for all the local agents used by my EA, but none of the files for the agents in the cloud network are showing up. Does anyone...
i got a call from Key market from Jack Lewinski , that i have a account for trading, he gave me the next url: https://trade.mql5.com/trade?servers=KeyMarkets-Demo%2cKeyMarkets-Live&trade_server=KeyMarkets-Demo&demo_server=KeyMarkets-Demo&startup_mode=open_live&lang=en i wanne check if this is a real