General - page 446

my name is Ruben, and i live in upland, Calif. i need to learn how to trade for profits, i need money for bills, i am practicing on this meta 4 demo account. will anyone want to mentor me as a good friend. thank you. peace. by the way this is a neat program, i just got this meta 4 today,, seems like
Always thought that: SomeFunc(SomeObject & object ){ //some operations with object..// } // ..and // SomeFunc(SomeObject * object ){ //some operations with object..// } literally means the same for compiler, or at least would be exexuted for the same time. During optimisation of my very big script
Hi everyone, I'm trying to display a chart in M18. This timeframe is not native in MT5. I made some search on the forum and they all talk about custom symbols (at least the ones I read) so I tried to do a custom symbol using this page
Hi, there is a way to set custom times besides the dates in a backtest ? For example, I want to backtest every day from 10AM to 4PM everyday, since last year (and do not test the other periods). Thanks, André
What are the brokers that provide good quality Crypto data feeds ideally in MT5 or MT4
Hi I tried to create a custom symbol with only the necessary ticks for my strategy. of course I cannot modifiy the parameters of the input signals, but I wanted to see if putting the minimum amount of ticks in the custom symbol would speed backtest time and it is quite the opposite : the backtests
I need a number from 0.00 to 1.00 completly random, is that too much to ask? MathRand() is not working for me, please help
Dear MQL Support Team, I noticed then when a purchased product has been installed within an MT enviroment, the number of remaining activations is reduced by one. So far so good. If one wants to work on the same HW with another MT instance, or one has to re-install MT because of a functional problem
Im a complete newbie but usually pretty good with techy stuff... I've followed all the videos on how to subscribe to a signal but I don't seem to have the same options as in the demos? On the MQL5 site, the only option is to "copy trades" which then downloads a zip file On the Metatrader platform
Hi Guys! Is there any "tools" available for me to change my SL to Breakeven point after price has been moving few pips in my favor(not trailing stop)? E.G If I am selling and the currency pair moves 20 pips lower, the "tools" will automatically detect that price has moved 20 pips from my enter and
Howdy, I have been working on several projects and I have hit a dead end multiple times on the account that I can't seem to get my custom indicator to display lines whose calculations contain division. I created an example problem below. This following example attempts to find the percentage of a
Hi everyone, I am coding an ea and want to backtest it by avoiding all major news 30 minute before, can anyone tell me how to find past news bars(from 1999 to 2021 if possible) with code? Thanks in advance
I did some research and looks like it´s quite easy to manipulate your stats. Real example. You make deposit of 450 to your account, open multiple trades and when all trades is nicely profitable then close few of them and withdraw as much as you can from your account. After withdraw you close winning
Text wrong digit, stop loss affect
Hello all, I am curious as to it is better to backtest over a longer period or shorter period. I know the obvious answer is longer period, but technical analysis likely develops over time, making the modern times more relevant. In the case of this image, is this sudden linear increase due to moving
Migration of major brokers to MetaTrader 5 is well underway. On April 2017, XM.com, IC Markets and Hedge Total have announced the launch of the multi-asset HFT platform. "It is something we have been patiently expecting for a long time, and I truly believe it will be a game changer for XM", — says...
  Activating EA  (17   1 2)
Hi, I have 4 activations left of the EA I bought. It doesnt show under "toolbox"-"market"-"purchased". How do I get to activate it
  need help  (6)
I have an EA that works on my demo account . when you load it on the real(live)account no trades open no errors. cant get hold of the person who created the EA. what can I do
  Annals of the mql5.com forum  (159   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Since the centre of gravity of intellect is shifting here from quaternary, and pearls here are already different, I could not stand it and decided to create a branch similar to quaternary. The rules are the same: 1. 1. Exceptional pearls are to be posted here, both as far as silliness and absurdity
Hello, The strategy tester of the latest terminal uses a lot of memory. The amount of memory used also increases significantly with the length of the Data Period. For example, when optimizing my simple strategy using iMA with Fast Genetic Based Algorithm: - 1 month uses 459 MB per process
0-5 %5-15%15-30%30-40%Over 40%
HI everyone. I meet the problem test on EURUSD,H1 there are no trading operations test on NZDUSD,H1 there are no trading operations test on GBPUSDcheck,M30 there are no trading operations test on XAUUSDcheck,Daily there are no trading operations I already add CheckVolumeValue, CheckMoneyForTrade
  Learning Mql  (2)
Hello Everyone, I am fairly new to Programming in general. It would help me a lot if someone can tell me is it necessary to learn C/C++ or even concepts like Pointers in order to develop Expert Advisors? Thanks, Alex
Does MQL5 offer the opportunity to become a promoted seller/listing at all? I saw an email that went out today that had a few listings and I wondered if they were random items or if they were selected for a reason
  Alerts in mt4  (2)
Why am I not receiving alerts on my phone from the mt4 system on my computer? I connected them properly and I can only do a test message but all the notifications that pop up in computer do not appear on the phone..why
Hello, How to decrease drawdown after i got High current drawdown in 36% indicates the absence of risk limitation. my signal not show in public for everyone. Thank you
I made a purchase at a price of 0.9615 and sell it when the price was 0.9586. other parameters look like this: spread 0,0004 volume 0,2 leverage 1:100 balance 10000 I try to calculate the profit: ((open_price - close_price) - spread) * ( volume * balance * leverage ) = profit So, if we substitute
Hi let's say that I want to make my own OHLC symbol from ticks based on history. i'm not sure how to do so, because to set the close value, you need to set it one tick before the new bar, but how do you know it's the last tick ? if you set it after the new bar, then it's data based on the new bar
  volatility  (2)
what is the way to find volatility in market
Hi Everyone, i hope you guys can assist me. I have very little experience with MQL5 but im not sure why im getting an invalid price error sometimes when running my EA. Below is example of my code. I think somtimes the market spikes to quickly for my EA to open pending order therefore the price is