General - page 1941

Hi, I've been unable to get email to work w/ my gmail account. I keep getting : Mail:'Test messasge' failed Not a very helpful message... I'm pretty sure I've got the smtp server info right because if I change that I get : Mail: error connecting to xxx Can anyone help me out here...
Im using the MetaTrader4,Buil 177 But I have the problem with the Candlesticks, When I press the candlesticks its not working with some peirs, and working with some other pairs ! Anyone knows why this happend? I remove the program and installed it again, but same problem
Does anyone have an Idea how I can modify the ZigZag inidcator to use the number of pips between the Highs and Lows to determine which highs and lows are used to draw the ZigZag? Thank You for your Time EK
  Trend Lines  (3)
Is there a way to create a trend line that doesnt extend past the second time/price parameter? Thanks EK
Is it correct that the backtesting will not show results of losing strategies? If this is so, is there a way I can see the results of all the runs, whether winning or losing? In the expert properties there is an Optimisation tab but ffrankly, i just dont understand it. thanks hugues
I'm currently working on an expert advisor, and I'm having some problems trying to figure out how to break the following down into programming concepts. I want the expert advisor to be able to notice when the market is moving sideways, and not trade during that. It uses two moving averages, RSI
This is in regard to MetaTrader 3.83 build 6231 (Aug 23 2004) I think this is caused by a connection problem with the ISP, but I've been around the block with this with InterbankFx and my DSL provider SBC. Baisically I am getting the "ping failed" error in the journal of the terminal window. What...
As per the subject, this new v177 doesn't compile MQ4 on start-up. I wish you guys could incorporate some changelog as I've been bleating about on a number of threads. You pop up a LiveUpdate and no-one knows what we're getting ourselves in for. I think most people would prefer to see the standard...
Thanks for the changes in 177 backtesting... it now does seem to work much better than 176!! I still have a bit of a mystery: my gridmaker handles both long and short grids at the same time. In forward testing, this works as expected. In backtesting, it does not. For example, If i run 'longs only'...
I needed a quick way to copy the rectangle shape from one position to another. To do this, I select the rectangle, and use the Ctrl key to drag a new instance of the rectangle to another location. (Standard Windows procedure). However, I have noted frequently that this abruptly closes the...
I've been using the backtester to look at some of the results from grid systems, mostly based on hdb's GridMaker, however unless my vision is completely cockeyed, it seems that the backtest report has _no_ mention of open trades. At least before in the initial version you could see the almighty...
Hello, For some funny reason, I am getting this message for GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY only : the other 10 pairs are working fine with identical parameters. I am running my gridmaker expert. 2005.07.13 11:17:28 '83602': order buy stop 0.10 GBPJPY opening at 196.7400 sl: 0.0000 tp: 196.8000 failed...
Hi I would like to run charts onto both of my monitors, Is there a way to do this with the metatrader charts Thanks
Has anybody done anything to build a Gann swing indicator? This is the traditional 3-day indicator. I am very interested in building this indicator, but need help with setting up the code to check each bar with the bar arrays working in reverse. Thanks Des
  Why is this happening ??  (11   1 2)
This is my code for a trailing stop that should loop through all open orders, find the matching symbol and modify it. It works fine but once the order is modified it continues to try and modify the same order over and over. This is message in journal: 2005.07.05 07:00:00 '104539': modify order...
Sometimes I'll run a backtest on a 4-hour chart and the script will do nothing for several days/weeks, then all of the sudden, it'll order a ton of stuff on 1 day. The problem is that it keeps ordering stuff at an old price and selling at a newer price. Start at order #57 on this report and look...
  ERR_COMMON_ERROR  (2)
I'm getting an Error #2 which is an ERR_COMMON_ERROR Here's my info: Close[0]=1.2298 I'm trying to set a buylimit at 1.2161 with stoploss = 1.2156 and takeprofit = 1.2861
I am having in the jounal log the message "TradeDispatcher: all trade context is busy" and in the Experts log all orders come with the error #139 that is "order is locked" . Can somebody explain me when and why this errors are coming and how can I resolve it?
  build 176 bug  (2)
MT4 freezes when you switch timeframes on a chart in build 176
Hello, First, thanks fot the V4 release, there are really some super improvements -well done to the team! As the backtesting came into operation, I could not help myself from looking at this in detail. My first run seemed super and I then did an optimisation which worked very well - on 6 weeks of...
Hello, I'm exploring various functions in MQL4 and found that the "ArraySort()" function would SOMETIMES cause memory crash, I've tried to use local array, global array, with or without size initialization, the function just crashes out of control !! (I got a memory dump screen with forced me to...
MetaTrader 4. Build 176. 1. Disabled working with objects by optimization process; 2. Added modelling a zero bar of the another's period on the tested symbol; 3. During testing at indicator reference to the another's period and symbol, the delay for pumping the missing data is executed; 4. The...
Hi Metaquotes, I was wondering if there are any limits as to the number of orders each account can have open at any one time? I'm wanting to run an expert that may have thousands of small orders open at once - would this be a problem?
Hello to All, In MT3.xx I am able to place a buy and sell trades at the same time like at Open of bar open Buy and Open Sell and then at some other time close both. In MT4 using similiar logic if one of the orders get triggered then the other wil fail Any Ideas on how I can open both trades...
How timeframe parameter works in indicators? I wrote this indicator, but it does not shows the same for ADX in 5MIN window with timeframe 15MIN as ADX in 15MIN window int start() { int limit; int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); //---- check for possible errors if(counted_bars<0) return(-1); //----
  Broker for MT4  (7)
I'd like to know if there are any broker supporting the new MT4 for live accounts? Thx.
Why are answers disabled when asked for dde commands? Thanks
hi, some months ago i read, that mt4 encrypts the expert on compilation. the problem was, that if somebody had build 146 and i compiled it with 145, it wont work on his platform. now i want to start selling my experts, so... have you fixed that? shrak
Hi Metatrader Can you please insert S/L and T/P paste buttons in your "new order" window. At the moment, when I put in a trade, I click the &quot;buy&quot; button then afterwards modify the order to put in a stoploss and T/P. It would be a lot safer and more convenient (do not have to type in S/L...
  changelog ?  (1)
MetaQuotes, Is there any chance of you guys maintaining a changelog for Metatrader 4? Whilst I think everyone appreciates continual improvements and bugfixes to the client platform, it's vital all users are kept up to date with these changes to ensure our code bases are not impacted. Since you've...