General - page 1940

Dear all, I’m using MT3 need some advise… does anybody knows how to get value OHLC from the previous bars? regards, Andy
Congratulations to the MetaTrader Development Team. You all did an excellent job on this program. I've been playing with MT4 for 2 weeks (started with build 173) and the improvements in build 175 are amazing. I've been fooling with the backtester for a few hours now and it looks very promising....
The MT4 backtester is looking GREAT!!!! Havent checked it for bugs yet, but so far it's been very impressive. Million thanks!
I have a little problem with DDE in MT4. When i open a spreadsheet, it sometimes takes a long time before values are updated (i get a bunch of N/As) and during week-ends they never get updated. This was not the case with MT3.8 which always instantly updated DDE fields, even during week-ends. I...
  Download ZeroCode Beta 1  (19   1 2)
Follow this link to download https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194058
Dear friends, I'm new in the furum, I would like to download the code zero program to be able to try it and give some feed back. where may I download it? Kind regards
How am I able to change Symbol Properties such as spread in strategy tester? It's defaulted to 4, and I want to lower it, and raise it, as well as change other internals.
  Dictionary  (1)
Hello, I have pasted below a simple code for trading multiple pairs using symbol function . And something is wrong there when opening trade. I had lost of excemples of experts advisors with symbol function, but due to lost some of files and data, i don't have it anymore. Many someone just...
to get more you have to manually type in 9999999999999999999 and hit enter. It will change to the max which is a billion looks like.
Finally, my first working system in MT4. Results are very nice. But there are a few problems. a] Large drawdown. Not due the nature of the system but because of some bug. b] Less than 50% of the trading opportunities are taken. (partly causes a) c] Pyramiding seems to be flawed; but that could also...
Why MT4 could not run in windows 98 (1st ed) after installment ? Have test many times without result, the mt4 can not be run after mt4 icon has been clicked. I notice the last version beta of mt4 that can run on windows 98 is version 146, after that all version of mt4 could not run. MT3 always can...
I d like to know when the latest versjon of your software will be available for palmtops????????? best regards pawel
Now through "Bugtracking" you can send your suggestions and bug reports directly to MetaTrader 4 developers team.
[Deleted]
  Metatrader 4 released  (18   1 2)
Hi All, per the topic, Metatrader 4 final has now been released. http://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/ Strategy Tester is included - be interesting how good this Backtester version is. Now to get ZeroCode beta 2 with MT4 support Martin
Hello all, Just a screen to show the incredible gbp/usd's volatility I can just say : PPPPfffeewwwwwww
MetaTrader CE awarded "Excellent (5/5)" from Byte Flow catalogue! http://www.byte-flow.com/Business/Other/MetaTrader-CE.html
If I run the Data Center Proxy on my PC, can I use it to collect and store tick data??
I just closed a trade set with a take profit price set exactly 1 pip above the opening price. The trade closed successfully, but doesn't show in the accounts history window. Furthermore, on the trade window it shows I have an account balance of 5349.67 and on the accounts history window it shows I...
Howdy, I have modified the Parabolic indicator to sound audio alarms when the indicator switches directions (code pasted below). This indicator works on almost all pairs and time-frames. However, for some unknown reason, it won't run/indicate on some charts. As an example, at least on my system, it
have you thinked about to make a chatroom in this forum it could bee nice.. Any way its a good forum :-)
Hello Everyone, I have some simple questions about programming in MT4. 1). When using an Expert Advisor and I have defined a global variable (i.e. int MyVal = 5;) which is Global in Scope to the whole EA, if I add this EA to several different charts is the scope of this variable across all charts or...
Hey, I have just recently leased a server in Canada for deploying the FXF Server. This server will be used for Research and Development of the bots and hundreds of trading systems. What more is that the technical spec has absolutely met our requirements: the internet connection is extremely fast...
Is there a problem with the price data being sent out to Metatrader 4? On Friday afternoon, GBPUSD showed some very odd spikes during late afternoon, and today ( Monday 27 June 14:05 GMT) both GBPUSD and EURUSD are out of synch with other providers that I monitor. EUR is currently showing 52 on...
Hey all traders im new for programming so i would like some help to get mee startet to learn the basics of programming. if any have some suggestions were i should start and how to learn the basic language please help mee. I have an idea for an expert advisor (should allow auto trading) should bee...
Hey, Just this morning I spot a silly bug in FXF Server that wastes up to 2 months of our testing time. All signals that made by systems not based on 30Mins timeframe were spoiled. That means Mekong's signals are still ok while TonleSap's signals are now spoiled. Hmm... This is my silly mistake.....
  coordinates  (4)
hello Slawa, is it possible to have a function SetIndexCoordinates(int index, x, y) or is there a different way to do it? thank you!
  Email from MT4  (7)
I am trying to activate the Email function in MT4: Tool -> Option ->Email tab. I put the correct smtp server: smtp.gmail.com With my userid, and password, and hit the test. Then get this pop-up message: Message Successfully queued, look at journal for more information. The journal shows: Test...
is it possible to do some backtesting with this software? I haven't been able to and I hope someone can assist me. thanks everyone
If they are can somebody send me a simple WORKING expert (or post a link here) that will send an email alert to my PC so that I can see if this function is working on my PC. Many thanks.
Starting build 173 the new feature of automatic statement publication on web-site through FTP is added. This function can help traders, who publish statements in realtime on own web-site. Settings can be adjusted on 'Tools -> Options -> Publisher' tab window: Statement example: http://www...