General - page 1865

Camarilladt 1  (1)
Can somebody please tell me how to use this indicator and what timefrime is the best for it. Thanks
I am getting the "Invalid Parameters" error message like the one shown below: 2006.05.15 23:25:12 '188208': order sell stop 1.00 EURUSD opening at 1.2819 sl: 1.2862 tp: 1.2719 failed [Invalid parameters] I have checked all the parameters, but all of them appears to be okay. What can I do to check...
I want to follow one of the members idea to determine the time to excit. On the 15 minute chart. When the Ema5 and EMA8 corss. There will be a virtical line (As the picture I have attached) If there is also a alert sound, that would be much better. I hope I can also see the red line and hear the...
hi, The meaning MTC ?
I'm confused with how Trailing Stops work can someone help explain? I noticed I have to input a Stop Loss first before I could set a Trailing Stop Sorry noob question Lets say the situation is as follow Did a BUY for USD/JPY @ 110.00 Stop Loss @ -40 pips Trailing Stop @ 20 pips Help?
I have created a text object and I want to position it in the upper right hand corner of the MT4 window. The text object appears OK but I have no idea how to get it to show in the top right corner. I cannot find the syntax to do that. Can anyone give me a hand either on where to find the info or...
this is my ea base on smma16 and an envelope (smma16,div 0.08) work best on H1 scale but if you need it to work on other scale you need to adjust the smma period and the envelope on my back test it worked best with gbp/usd and came out with 64% quality on the forward test still working well but i
Hi, How do I change the Broker to log in, e.g. how can I connect to Windsor Brokers using the plain MetaQuotes Software? (Background: I want to connect to 3 different brokers using the *same* MetaQuotes Client) in order to fast switch between them. Thank you and best regards, Silke
The advisor does not put the Straddle (buy and sell) in at the proper time on InterbankFX charts. It was programmed it to put in a Buy Stop and Sell Stop simotaniously at the TimeAHour, TimeAMin. Can someone help with the problem?? I am willing to give the strategy once fixed I use to one who...
I'm getting an error when I try to use DoubleCCIWoodies.mq4 if anyone is familiar with that. I also get the same thing when I try to run XO Alert.mq4 It says, " 2006.05.16 21:35:07 DoubleCCI_Woodies EURUSD,M1: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only" Thanks.
MQL3 had a library that showed a statement and gave examples on how to use the statement in the program - Proper usage. Where the heck is this in MQL4??? I really need to find out? When I retype a statement name in the editor, a box opens up showing different other statements, but where the heck...
Hi, I downloaded Windsor Brokers platform and am plaing with send_pending script with CFD. However when I execute it then I receive an error 'unknown error' and no order is placed. What does it mean? I can put a pending order by hand thou! Another question, is it a way to discover CFD market from...
Hi Guys, How can I make an EA to excute the script file in the script folder... Thanks Babar
I was wondering how we can draw histogram on the chart or rather cover the candles with a specific colour. For example I'm trying to cover white candles with the green colour when the white candle is longer than 15 pips. Here is the code I've written and I don't know what's wrong with it. Any ideas?...
By the multiple requests of traders we started development of strategy optimizator, based on "genetic" algorithms. Release date - first of July, 2006. Best Regards Lenar
  www.mql4.com  (2)
Hi All, Does anyone please know if there is a way I can download the MQL4 documentation from the website? I can't see any download links. I would like to study the MQL4 language off-line if possible (e.g. whilst travelling). If the website details are unavailable for download are there any books...
[Deleted]
Made a buy/sell signal indicator using Williams %R. Go Long on Solid Green Up Arrow; Close the position on Hollow Green Down Arrow. Go Short on Solid Red Down Arrow; Close the position on Hollow Red Up Arrow. I haven't back or forward tested this yet. This works best with a volatility indicator like
Hi Slawa, Is the following endless loop code ok? while(IsStopped=false) { if (Bars<100 or IsConnected=false or IsTradeAllowed=false) return(0); .......do some processing here ie buy/sell conditions, place orders, etc. } Is it ok to exit program if connection is broken? is this...
How come with the bands indicator, I can adjust the deviation to lets say 1.7 versus 2.0, but when I program the same, it will not recognize a deviation of the bands of 1.7. Instead it reads it at 1. I used the extern double BandsDeviation = 2.0; and then changed it to 1.7, but the programming is...
Hello, I could not find out what "trade timeout" means. Can I get a trade timeout error message (error # 128) for a market order? Or can I only get trade timeout error message for pending orders? Can you also please give me an example of when an order "times out"? Thank you for your help...
[Deleted]
The advisor does not put the Straddle (buy and sell) in at the proper time on InterbankFX charts. It was programmed it to put in a Buy Stop and Sell Stop simotaniously at the TimeAHour, TimeAMin. Can someone help with the problem?? I am willing to give the strategy once fixed I use to one who fixes...
[Deleted]
Which function to use to have the value more high and more low of the 4 first bar one day old can imports the number of bar already made ? Thanks, best regard.
  Challange! How good u are?  (58   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hi, Here is USDJPY just before its last drop. I tried every indicator I have and none of them could predict the drop. Is anyone here can do that? I just delete the prices from the history (H1 data) changed the TF to 4H and come back to 1H to get this chart. Thanks Eli
Hi Slawa, Yes, I have read and studied all the possible errors. But your reference point (http:/docs.mql4.com/trading/errors) you told me to look at still does not specifically say what a "timeout error" is (it just states what i should do if i get the error) i need to understand first what the...
Hi GUys, How can I add script in EA so that it sends an email when ever there is a signal to BUY or SELL.... Thanks Babar
hello. are there any signal indicators that can be used with silver and or gold trading?? thanks
Hi Slawa, If I try and place an order but order fails due to an execution error, can I resend same order straight away? For example if I get error number 4 (server busy) do i really have to wait "several minutes"? or can i just keep on trying to re-send order until it gets filled? If I keep on...
Hi Slawa, Reason I ask about error numbers is that in your moving average and MACD samples, you do not refer to different error messages and do some specific action. For example, if i get error "trade server is busy", why do i have to wait several minutes before i try to send order again. Why do...