General - page 1868

Hi Slawa, Yes, I have read and studied all the possible errors. But your reference point (http:/docs.mql4.com/trading/errors) you told me to look at still does not specifically say what a "timeout error" is (it just states what i should do if i get the error) i need to understand first what the...
Hi GUys, How can I add script in EA so that it sends an email when ever there is a signal to BUY or SELL.... Thanks Babar
hello. are there any signal indicators that can be used with silver and or gold trading?? thanks
Hi Slawa, If I try and place an order but order fails due to an execution error, can I resend same order straight away? For example if I get error number 4 (server busy) do i really have to wait "several minutes"? or can i just keep on trying to re-send order until it gets filled? If I keep on...
Hi Slawa, Reason I ask about error numbers is that in your moving average and MACD samples, you do not refer to different error messages and do some specific action. For example, if i get error "trade server is busy", why do i have to wait several minutes before i try to send order again. Why do...
Hi guys, Wondering if anyone can help me out - I'm trying to write an EA that will be attached to the EURUSD chart, but want it occasionally to place a USDCHF trade as well as the EURUSD ones. Is this possible? I tried the following code: OrderSend("USDCHF",OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,StopLoss*Point...
I have read many threads but still can not find the indicator for histo_StepMA_Stoch as shown in this picture: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/moneyline/levels_2.gif Anybody can help. Thanks very very much!
Hi Guys, Can you please tell me how can i calculate the moving average of a moving average which is already on the chart.... Thanks Babar
  Reading Emails  (1)
Hi I have just got metatrader4 and I was wondering with metaeditor is it even remotly possible for it to read/parse emails and then put in the information or would I have to have a program running in unison which would parse the email and then send the information to metatrader If anyone has tried
Hiho! Some issues that give me a lot of concern. I would be very happy if some could answer them: 1. I want to create an EA that opens p. orders at specific day & hour (let's say Sunday opening). How it should look ? (DayOfWeek==0 && Hour()=00 doesnt work). Whatsmore I would like to open position...
Hi Guys, HOw can I amend an EA so that it places only 1 order when the BUY conditions are met....no matter if the position is open for days or even months....at the moment my EA is opening another BUY order when the TP is reached...I want it to wait for the next signal...and not to open another BUY...
Everytime I try to download a MQ4 file it downloads it as a HTM file so I can't put it in my custom indicator list to use on the charts. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!
Whati is your your opinion about eASCTrend system ? (if you dont know about it, please google it)
I have been a professional for years, I've run commodity pools/small investment organizations, multi-city enterprises. Our returns were consistently above 50% per month. I have won and lost like the rest of us. I am at the top of the game right now, yet am facing the end of my days possibly so I
hello, Is there a way we can find out if the code took profit or sell at a loss? Is there a function that tells this? I need to find out because my code needs it because i set buysignal to true once a criteria is met. But I cannot set it to false if it takes profit because i dont have a way to...
Could someone help me understand how to code a simple trendline. If I wanted to create a trendline that goes from the high at 0800 to the high at 0900 and extend it out for the rest of the day as it unfolds, what would the code look like? Also, if I wanted to later check if I was above or below that
[Deleted]
  Auto pivot trade  (26   1 2 3)
I am trying to draw pivot lines on a hourly charts based on a certain time of day and a certain number of hours. For example, at 9am I am trying to draw the R1 and S1 lines for the last 6 hours. I am not sure why my indicator will compile but will not plot anything. Please take a look at it and let...
[Deleted]
  News Trading  (10)
I would like to know if anyone here trades the different "news" regularly with some kind of system. I am not asking for the system, but would like to know the which "news" they trade. If your system is mechanical and would like to develop an EA from it, we can work together to develop it. Of course,...
  Pipmaster EA for MT3  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello guys, I recently found out about this EA being sold on ebay and was wondering if any of you know about it or have purchased it. I've tried contacting the seller a few times, but find it difficult to get a response from him. He says that there are a few hundred people using this EA and that the
  Urgent plz  (5)
Dear Sir as you know that experts working with every new tick, My question is: Can I create an expert that can works with every new tick ,not only in the pair that I opened it with it but with any other pairs I want. For example: I put the expert to work on (GBP/JPY), I want from the expert to work...
  GlobalVariables  (2)
Hi Do Global variables retain their value when you shut down metaquotes and restart the machine. In metaeditor help it says 'Global variables are kept in the client terminal within 4 weeks since the last access, then they will be deleted automatically. ' I don't know many people who manage to keep...
Hello All, I have my fibonacci channel setup in a certain way, and would like to transfer it to a couple of friend's computers without having to manually add new lines. Is there a way to EXPORT any of the 'line studies', or save them as a custom line study? I've looked through the forums and...
am using the following to compute the spread in points for the current chart: string symbol = Symbol(); // Get chart symbol int spread = MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_SPREAD); spread is being set to 0. I have verified that symbol is valid (set to "EURUSD"). What is wrong with the above?
  Disable Ea  (2)
Is there a way to have an EA disable itself after it makes a trade?
Hi All, I'm new to MetaTrader and busy working my way through all the documentation currently. I have a question for the forum if I may: I can see MetaTrader provides the functionality to create Custom Indicators. However, if you just want to use the usual indicators that are supplied with...
Slawa, you can see a demo account running in: http://www.inverbank.com/statement.htm There you can see that the count for max consecutive wins is 4 but there are only 3 consecutive wins I have read the paper on Numbers, at "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean" and it might also...
  What a morning market.  (29   1 2 3)
Today's us morning session is very choppy... i can't find a way to enter... i'm out today... anyone made some pips from it? Good luck to you all.
  very URGENT Plz.  (1)
Dear Sir as you know that experts working with every new tick, My question is: Can I create an expert that can works with every new tick ,not only in the pair that I opened it with it but with any other pairs I want. For example: I put the expert to work on (GBP/JPY), I want from the expert to...
Which oscillators or indicators have forum members found to be the best for judging the medium/longer term trend. Its use would be for only taking trades in the direction of the general trend. Sam