General - page 1860

Does anyone know of a broker who gives feeds for the futures and CFD symbols(msft, hp, exxonmobile) that come with metatrader. Thanks
Any one know which broker could execute trade properly during news hour? 1)When the price show up, it will execute the trade with minimum slipage or no slippage. 2)Spread stay between 4 to 5 pips max 3) Allow auto trading.. Any suguestion?
Hi all, I am a big fan of this forum. I am a Dr. in Math and computer sciences/programming, and I have been a trader in the forex market for a while. I will be very happy to help all those that need programming help, but, you will have to contact me personally since I am very busy. I will do it all
Hi Guys, what can I put into an EA so that when the conditions meet it only opens 1 order and if the order is closed (TP has reached) no matter if the conditions meet again..should not open another order... Thanks Babar
On MT4's Fib Retracement tool, is there a way I can edit the Fibo Levels to also show price next to each level? (or an alternative method if anyone has one) Thank you
Hi, i'm looking for Keltner Channels indicator if anyone has it pls, thank you
Hi Programmers! Anybody can help me convert this indicator to MT4? . Thanks very very much! ====================================================== 1. Navigator Window>Tools>Indicator Builder>[New] button 2. In the Indicator Bookmark, type the following text for each field: Name: Self-Adjusting...
  api question  (1)
how can i know the connection was cut? api 3.85 thanks
Hi to all FX-plorers Today, an info about a program which at last, seems very promising.... http://www.stratasearch.com/home.html StrataSearch is software for individual traders that automatically generates powerful trading systems with the click of a button. Using over 2,500 prebuilt trading...
  Trader Indicator  (18   1 2)
Hi A trader showed me the following indicator: It works on the 5min timeframe, see the bottom indicator window. If 4 green bars appear in a row, the signal is buy . 4 red bars is for sell . If the next bar changes colour. Close the position. What signal is that? Anyone
I am a discretionary trader and I have never used a mechanical system so far... but I also have been successfully trading forex so far... For the first time, I have created a mechanical system I would like to backtest... I have 0 knowledge in programming and would like to find someone able to...
Would performance be better if I had 2 EAs, each attached to a different chart (diff view but same time, M1..etc) having one of them placing the trades (when triggered) and the other monitoring for placement of trailing stops?
Hi everyone, I came across a little issue that everyone has to be careful of when they are using multiple open positions. I was using something like this for(trade=0;trade< OrdersTotal();trade++){ OrderSelect(trade,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); Closetrades... etc. But, for some reason, a...
Hi Slawa, Please, how it is possible that the broker requote at the same price as the proposed one, and even with a slippage of 1 pip, the order was not accepted ? Here are three lines of my real money account journal: 2006.06.01 17:08:51 'xxxx': instant order sell 0.40 AUDNZD at 1.1855 sl: 1.1910
[Deleted]
Hi, anyone can Tech me how to put different juice nombor to different order? here when juice is come up 0.0004 wait next bar or wait 3/5 minutes to order and juice is come up 0.0008 instand order. thank you egt520
Thanks a lot, Slawa, for this very usefull article. It's very necessary to can customize the tester reports. But where is the "attached SummaryReport.mq4" ? If I copy-past the code, all variables declarations are missed... It's possible to re-write them, but not really funny ! There...
in my indicator: GlobalVariableSet(Symbol()+"GlobalVariableFromIndicator",Array[i]); in my expert: mydata=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol()+"GlobalVariableFromIndicator"); If I use the above method to get data from my indicator, will I be able to back test it? I seem to only get the current value of...
Hello to you all. Can someone please PASTE the code for a working Keltner Indicator. Thanks a lot Haim
Does anyone know an ATS bull and bear indicator similar to the one shown here http://www.fx-charts.com/pgs/charts_eurusd.php
  How to on Linux ?  (100   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I was woundering if anyone could tell how to get MT4 running on a linux based system. I can install it ok but it won't start afterwards. Thanks in advance Basza
Has anyone had any luck with getting the time of the bars and the historical data to match the charts. For example, if I have a 15min chart on my screen there is data with OHLC and the values of my indicators. However, when I back test the values I get would make the candle a bar off with strange...
Is anyone having trouble importing one min data into version 193. When I try to import a history file, nothing happens
  Robust System  (2)
Hey, There is no right answer to my next question, but let me know your thoughts: How robust should a system be before you back it with money? I have developed a system in wealth-lab for the EURUSD that doesnt include any changeable variables, such as MA values ect, and is quite simple, but very...
  EA Moving Average  (40   1 2 3 4)
We wanna EA with the determined parameters: 1 - TO DEVELOP EA OPENS The ORDERS CORRECTLY Thus The MAIN DIRECTION IS IDENTIFIED WHEN The SHORT MOVING AVERAGE CROSSES WITH the LONG One In The HOURLY DETERMINED ONES. 2 - LOTS, TRAILLING STOP, STOP LOSS And TAKE PROFIT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY 3 - CLOSED
Something is going on with my backtester on my MT4. Is it possible that my broker has diabled it? I'm guessing that they have a lot of control over the software on my computer. Probably more than many people aware. I hit the start button and nothing happens.
  Backtest Request  (3)
Greetings MT, If possible in a future build could you please add the ability to also view some results in pips aswell as $$. Average Pip win Average Pip loss Largest Pip win Largest Pip loss Total pips made Largest Drawndown in Pips Max consective Wins in Pips Max consective Losses in...
Hello, as all of you know codersguru is the winner of contest for this month. He is going to release EA in Elite section (it's mandatory for the contest), but he will not release it in public section. He want to release as few copies as possible, to try to keep a coompetitive edge and win future...
Is it me or is nothing happening ? And if someone finds some pips to be made please let me know.
Hi All, Last Tuesday's (May 30th, 2006) erroneous news reports that US Treasury Secretary Snow would be replaced with a nominee favoring a weak dollar caused a dollar sell-off. Of course, the other majors climbed up many pips at the expense of the dollar. Then we got the next news that the chosen...
Hello: Is there a way to read the values of each bar that a Trendline passes through? For instance, if I create a Trendline from (2) points on Bar 0 and Bar 15... is there a way to know the values that the Trendline passes through for Bars 1-14? Thanks for the help! -charliev