General - page 1851

chart is only to explain a problem in a chatroom iGoR
I have six profiles in my mt4 system -- how many can I have and how do you create additional ones -- I would like a whole lot more -- what are the limitations --- help please -- thanks, rexfx
  Invalid stops error.  (11   1 2)
Hi, I used to use tighest SL at MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_STOPLEVEL)+STOPLEVEL_OFFSET)*Point; where STOPLEVEL_OFFSET used to be 1. However, from some time it does not work anymore for market orders. I must set STOPLEVEL_OFFSET to 2. Strange is, that it still works for pending orders, ie with offset 1...
Anyone have any thoughts on backtesting a strategy that references multiple time frames? I have a strategy that takes indicators from different time frames to place a trade on the 'current' chart. It works, but I'm not sure how MT will handle the backtest. Joe Gelet Elite E Services www.ees.net.nz
  Why?  (1)
Why the euro/dollar pair has the lowest spread? Can anyone make it reasonable?
One more question? Is there a way in events to turn on a wave file when an order has been filled? Any order included SL and TP and entry trades?
I am having problems with MT4 in that it does not appear to save variable data on a tick by tick basis, but rather only at end of 1 min bars. To explain: I have included a simple indicator, it does not display to screen, it is only writes to console (using Print). It is only for example. In this
  Font Change  (1)
Simple question.. I searched but could not find instructions on how to change the font size on the charts? One more question? Is there a way in events to turn on a wave file when an order has been filled? Any order included SL and TP and entry trades?
  order pending  (3)
Slawa, is it possible to set an order pending activation time and then an expiration of the same? i want to trade news see www.fxengines.com I want to program the same concept in MT4.
I'm getting this error on the platform Error!!! Server_Local_TimeDiff Do not match! If Server is active. You need to change Server_Local_TimeDiff! Or you may have to change the Friday_Close_Hour Are they causing my error message? I live in California USA PDT I wonder if I need...
Hi, A simple MA cross EA requiert now 40 minutes to baktest 1 month of history !!! How it's possible ??? I have a dualcore 3.8 GHz, 2 Gb ram and more than 65 % of of the CPU usage are used during 40 min by the process ! With b 193, the same EA on the same symbol and the same datas and config,...
  Pivot Points  (1)
I am looking for a simple indicator that can be used to put the Pivot Points on Meta Trder 4
There is NO indicator that can EVER match wits with a trader who is familiar with price action and money management , both of which take years to master. I wasted sooo many years searching in vain for an indicator to make me profitable. NO SUCH THING EXISTS. Can someone prove to me that an indicator
hello, I am a newbie for this. I tried to code a simple trailing stop but something is wrong. When I compile the result is : unbalenced parenthesis (at the end.) Please tell me the mistake(s) and if you are kind enough to explain : use simple words I am not a native english speaker. Thank you. Here...
Here Some best Indicators : ASCTrend1 ASCTrend2 ASCTrend1 Signal NRTR Line1 NRTR1 NRTR WATR1 NRTR Colorline_my NRTR_dots1 WPRfast WRPslow OsMA SilverTrend TrendTriggerMod Please give me more if u test them !
Hello, I have many of them and I put them here for archive them You can use them and please share ur Expert Advisors. What do u think about rating for them !? Please help me to choose the best one !? Please post ur statment and result for expret advisors that u used them before. and ur new and best...
Hi, As I know we can't use Hyperorder and dynaorder with Metatrader for sending order from other charting softwares like metastock/tradestation/omega prosuite becoz the client API ver.4 of metatrader was not released yet, How do u work without it ? Hyper order and dynaorder are very good but at now...
Hey traders,... I have problem after I installed MT4 version 4.00 build 194. with the server of brokers is InterbankFX-Demo Account I don't found pair NZD/USD How to add 'that' pair in MT4 version 4.00 build 194 Because my old MT4 have lot of pair include NZD/USD (I loved this pair) Thank's Guy's,.....
  Forex ECN's  (1)
What kind of strategies do u use for Forex Interbank trading (Forex ECN's) do u use just volume ask bid? please any book or Interesting web site ?
Hi : is there any setting thet i need to mark in order to get the live updates ? Thank you very much Yankey
  What the best strategy ???  (65   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
hi guys i need a good strategy for earn 10-20 pip a day. whta the best ??? please guide me thank you
Hi, can anyone convert this TS code from profit trader into MQL? It's the "B Line" for buy/sell signals .. ideally if it could be plotted as buy/sell arrows on the charts, that would be excellent. Here's the indicator... {Description of Inputs}{CXOver - This oscillator can be used with a crossover
How can I check if the 11:00 one hour bar has appeared after the tick
Dear all, I need some help to find any system that is good for long term trading. Probably trade in D1 or at minimum in H4. I would very much appreciate if anybody can help to suggest any system that is best used in these two timeframe (prefer the D1). Thanks in advance.
  Error Codes  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi I am getting the error message invalid stops err 130 i.e. I print out my values and they are as follows 2006.06.29 13:15:05 AUDUSD,H1: OrderDetails: SellPrice : 0.731 ,CurrentBid : 0.731 ,stoploss : 0.7319 ,takeprofit : 0.7291 ,slippage : 2 I am using the following to check my sl and tp before
For an OrderSent() or OrderClose() the slippage from the parameters list of the function works in both direction or not ? Ex.: if I have a 2 point slippage for a OrderClose() but the price goes more then 2 points from the preferred price of trade but in the direction that the profit is bigger,...
  Squize_MA  (5)
Hi Folks! I made an indicator for ppl that love's moving average It takes standard moving average parameters and one called MaDifrential. MaDifrential is the number of pips that should be between both of MA. If the difrence is less than this param the indicator will count the difrence between the
[Deleted]
This produces an alert when the price reaches an upper or lower line. I want to allow trades to execute until they come close to these lines. When the price gets too close not allow trades to open. how do I get that logic to happen on current bar closing(s) when all that are here are arrays? for(int
Thanks for all your help, is there somewhere I can go to interpret the wcccichart indicator? There seems to be a miriad of woodies, would this be a good one to use or should I be using another for trend, retracement?