General - page 1847

Hi, I'm using a custom indicator which draws arrows for long and short entries on a chart. The arrow values (high of bar for short and low of bar for long) are written to an array when the conditions for long/short is met. If no signal on the bar then the Empty_Value is written to the array. I...
  Weird Behavior  (3)
I'm having some weird behavior where, for some of my clients the expert advisor runs fine. For others, they are experiencing issues where they say it will create 20 or more trades in one day, all losses. This strategy only has 1 to 3 trades per day. The only unique thing about my EA is that it...
Hi all, I've done some expert programming but indicators are making me trouble. Could someone please write an indicator that will draw an arrow above the certain bar, based on time. For instance, an arrow above every 10.00 bar on hourly chart. It seems to me as if it should be a few lines of code...
  Eager to learn  (2)
Hi, I would like to learn more about the MT and its EA from this forum, so where can I find the right thread group?
I'm developing a scalping strategy EA and have been doing well so far but I stumbled upon a small problem. I'm not sure if it is small though. As in any scalper, I am able to get small gains almost every few minutes, but on a specific instant, the trend goes wildly strange and I'm in loss. So I've...
Hi, What is the most importat for you if you have a good EA: Max. drawdown or Profit trades (%) ? Thanks in advance
can someone translate this tradestation script to mt4 and make it a envelope that adjust itself to highs and lows? {******************************************************************* Description : This Indicator plots Linear Regression Provided By : Omega Research, Inc. (c) Copyright 1999...
Please let me know how to program the EA to trade only on the next bar after TP/SL was hit. Thank you
Hello, I'm trying to backtest my expert advisor, but my data only goes back to May-29-2006. Is there a place to download older data, so I can back test for a year or more? Thanks, Spencer
  Single Instance  (1)
What is the best way to make it so only a single instance of my expert will be ran? I.e., they can't attach it to multiple charts, if it's already on one chart it won't run if it's placed on another. I was thinking about using global variables, but havne't played around with them to be absolutely
I'm wondering if someone has figured out the optimal trailing stops for the 4 major pairs. Each chart has its own rythum if you will. One may require a little more wiggle room then another. If someone has spent any time on this please share the calculations and logic that you have used to come up...
Hi I was wondering if I could enlist the help of someone to help program an EA that would be used to trade news events. I have developed a very simple method which I try to use before all major news events, which has been working very well over the past few months, and I would like to now automate...
On 1 June, 2006, the development of the new mobile terminal MetaTrader 4 Smartphone has started. The new mobile terminal will work on smartphones under the following operating systems: - Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone; - Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition. The following functions will...
does anyone know if an indicator like this exist in mt4?
Hello, Is there a way to rebuild the history cache? My M15 EURUSD is missing data from March to June - just doesn't display on the chart. Can MT4 be tricked into rebuilding this without re-installing? Thanks for any help/advise. -charliev
Is there a way to chart the price difference between two currency pairs in Metatrader to use for spread/pairs trading? I'm looking for something that actually plots the price difference between two currency pairs such as in the attached example of Texas Instruments and Analog Devices.
  Multi_Lot_Scalper EA ?!  (18   1 2)
Did anyone hear abut this EA ?
Im making this post hoping that someone with some time on your hands can make this EA for me. The system uses 3 indicators. BrainTrend1Sig BrainTrend1Stopline Fisher_Yur4ik_2 A buy/sell signal is when BrainTrend1Sig gives a signal (Dot) and Fisher_Yur4ik_2 is in the same direction (at the time as...
  Hurst indicator  (9)
do you think that the indicator on this page could be duplicated in mt4? http://www.theswingmachine.com/index2.htm
  Shi-Channel Talk  (1)
Prior to build 187 we had a great indicator called Shi-Channel Talk. It died after build 187. Is there anyway to code one for new builds
is it possible that someone has an indicator that can be used to place a horizontal line at the London Open price or the US Open for example, possibly a modified pivot indicator?
Hello all, For the "trader who has everything...". Want to replay the days activity like Time Lapse Photography - and see the whole day's activity in a few minutes? 1. Use the attached indicator (barebones here, add the features you want....) 2. Compile the screenshots into an animated .GIF with...
Hello all, I would like to display the Magic Number in my Terminal window, is this possible? Thanks! -charliev
[Deleted]
  Cpu usage  (9)
has anyone noticed their terminal using unusual amounts of theri cpu during live trading. sometimes it jumps up to 48 percent causing lags and "not responding" never happens on demo accounts. not requotes or disconnects or stop hunting but possibly more devious. is this technically possible to jam...
I'm looking for a script which highlights time zones in the background or provides some kind of indication that price is in a specified time period. Meaning, I would like to be able to have the chart highlight specific trading periods of the day (ie: 2100 to 0000) in the background. If anyone has
  ALERTS WINDOW  (1)
Slawa, I have a suggestion: when I have several versions of MT4 opened, say two MetaTraders, and other versions from other brokers, and I have diferent EA and Diferent Alets, it would be nice if the alets window could tell me which platform triggered it now i have to remember to which...
if I do this it prints Correctly double pi=3.141592653589793; Print("PI number is ", DoubleToStr(pi,8)); but I do this, it divides incorrectly ????? double Test = 0.0; Test = (100 / 45); Print(DoubleToStr(Test,6)); When I add this to a chart it prints out 2.000000 The last time I checked the correct
  Traping EA for NEWS!!  (53   1 2 3 4 5 6)
1st.. thx to my friend Andi from Indonesia so guys... u can use it to set your breakout methode to fight news
-------------------- TraderXL Pro Package -------------------- Technical Analysis in Microsoft Excel. 146 indicators and experts. Free download real and historical stock quotes from USA, Europe, and Canada into Excel spreadsheets. Mutual funds, corporate bonds, Major USA Market Indices, Major World...