General - page 1857

[Deleted]
Hello evrybody , i missed you please can anyone help me adding this indicator(attached) in Expert advisor ? i want EA to buy after blue arrow completed bar & sell after red arrow completed bar with take profit ,stoploss,trialling stop,money management and time filter thanks alot
Hello everyone, Other than using Volume[0]=0, how would I programatically determine when a new BAR begins (under any time period) without getting into messy TIME calculations, etc. I appreciate all replies. Thanks! -charliev
hello traders, i want woodies pivots display indicator. i mean that indicator take yesterday high, yesterday low, yesterday close and todays open and display woodies pivots. please give me if anybody have then please give me. regards, santosh
[Deleted]
  Coding reqest...  (2)
I've looked high and low and can't figure out how to get the Expert Advisors. Please let me know where to get them. Thanks in advance. Carl Fritch
I have this comment in an EA. Comment=(" maxOrdersOpen = ",OrdersTotal()). The result is that it appears on all charts with total orders for all working pairs. What do I need to do to make it Currency Pair specific? Thanks in advance, Wackena
Is there any way to have multiple Demo Accounts from a broker (e.g. FXDD) where these charts go to that Demo Account and those charts go to that Demo Account? I have 2 Demo accounts, but when I flip over, all the charts go with it and I can't isolate the results. I'm wanting to test multiple EAs and...
Can you run multiple EAs on the same login/account. If so how does it keep track of the orders each EA is managing?
[Deleted]
I want to find this charting sofware. Where can i find it ? Anybody know ? Please PM me.
I'm getting some decent results from this EA. I've modified it so that it doesn't just keep doing signals. I've found that it works best on EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, EURCHF I got profit on all of these. It has made me some pips last week and just today as well. I'll likely continue testing it...
I'm rather new at this forex game and was wondering from the experts, which currency pairs trend the best?
i've had the most difficult time trying to get my Limit/Stop Orders to expire using this code rderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,Ask+(9*Point),3,Ask-(SL*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),"Cross Buy",16384,xxxxxxxx,Lime); xxxxxx= "Expirydate = Cur time+ expected Lenghth" i want to know how i can achieve...
Hi I have an ea that I backtest on several currencies and it buys and sells ok. Now I start forward testing it on these currencies, attatching the ea to each currencies chart. But I am finding the ea totally ignores signals on some charts. So far it has seen signals on 3 charts, but only done...
[Deleted]
this compiles with no errors but it isn't executing any trades when it's conditions are met. I think i did the MACD's ok but I'm not certain. I just want them to be showing positive or negative and I 'think' that means the signal line is above the indicator line for positive? but i'm not sure that...
[Deleted]
I want to have a EMA cross over Expert Advisor that works in Strategy Tester, such that i can try different values. I am very new to MT4. So i would like something that i just load and just change the timescales and the values, The key is i want it to work in the strategy tester. Somebody please...
  A Dictionary Bug?  (11   1 2)
This morning I have auto updated to build 192 / 01 May 2006. Since then all text in Dictionary ToolBox is extremely small. How can I fix this.
  Help me pls  (1)
Iam still very new to this thread but and I have a problem with all my indicators folder in metatrader. I have a few systems/strategy that I copied from this forum. How can I arrange one system in one folder in metatrader ? Now all my indicators are mixed in "indicator" folder of metrader. And I...
  How to backtest  (1)
Hi If my EA uses hourly indicators - is it best to do stratergy testing on an hourly basis or on a lower timeframe? As when I test using different timeframes I get very different results. Do you have some set procedure on how to properly set up backtesting?
My metatrader cannot show all the indicators (in the 'expert/indicators' folder) in the custom indicators navigator. It just showing 522 out of 588 indicators that i have. That's metatrader limitation or my setting problem? Anyone experienced this?
PLEASE! i need an trailing stop ea that calculates the medium price of a trade. for example: there is a buy of 60 lots at 1,8466, another of 120 lots at 1,8386 and another of 180 lots at 1,8306. So the medium price is 1,8359. If i set profit to 30 pips the ea start at 1,8389...and stop only if...
[Deleted]
  Expire period ?  (4)
hello , please , how can i add an expire period to my EA that found in attachmet ? what is the function ? how can i add it ? and how can i sure from its working? thanks alot
This may be a question that has been answered before. However, I could not find it in the forum. When writing expert advisor code, can I write code to make desicsions on the current bar or do I have to use the previous bar for the decision and trade a bar latter? Thanks, Dan
Hi, Could someone please convert the attach indicator, these is Metatrader 3 indicator i need to be converted to Metatrader4. I don't know how to convert the indicator.Thanks..
Hello all, I have been trying to find source code for various indicators, thanks for all the help! Can anyone point me to source for the Williams %R (percent range) indicator? It's not in my sample folder. Thanks! -charliev
Hi, I am having a problem with above named indicator. When i added it to custom indicator file and compiled it i receive the following error message........'speech text' - function is not defined Can anyone help me out with this or if you have one that works could you please post it for me. tks in...
How can I send a comment to the chart on the line below, my comments are overwriting and only appearing on the same line at the top of the chart?
Hi I have an ea that I backtest on all currencies and it buys and sells ok. Now I start forward testing it on these currencies, attatching the ea to each currencies chart. But I am finding the ea totally ignores signals on some charts. So far it has seen signals on 3 charts, but only done what...
  Ea problems  (3)
i went to the exper advisor builder for MetaTrader 4, (http://sufx.core.t3-ism.net/ExpertAdvisorBuilder/index.html#Buy1, plugged in the rules, downloaded them, copied them into MetaTrader 4, and the icon next to the system is grey when the others are blue and yellow, (in the navigatoin bar), the...
I have been messing around with strategy tester the last few days, and have found that it has lots of errors. Mainly trades showing gains of 30 pips over the course of 1 minute. So is it really that unreliable?
Hi, I know that a broker can not see my EA-code, but a broker can see if a trade is made manually or by an EA. My question: can the broker see the NAME of my EA? Thanks.