General - page 1845

Hi guys, I found this EA but in ex4, please forward test rgds monimoney
What line of code would I need to look for in my indicators in order to change the dot to an arrow, or an arrow to a hollow dot, etc etc? Also, how can I offset the dot or arrow to be farther away from the candle?
HI, I have in MT4 two trades SWAP PROFIT EURCHF -337 -484 GBPCHF -1157 4166 Balance 2478 Total Profit = 3682 Total Profit with Swap = 2188 Q: The profits do not add up ? , Nor does it add up with SWAP included. Is the profit the amount that...
Hi all, I'm beginning to not trust my broker's MT4 feed. I'd like to compare this indicator in MT3's charting vs. the MT4. It's very, very simple - can anyone convert it for me? It's VERY good for determining when breakouts are about to occur. Thank you! SB #property indicator_chart_window...
[Deleted]
I did try posting some stuff on this forum a while ago, and was treated like some sort of pariah because I sell a book and courses. The reason I do that is because I have spent many thousands of dollars on developing a really simple technique to empower traders to be successful, and it's impossible
  Allminutes  (6)
Hi all, I have a pivot indicator on my charts which, on Mondays, is completely wrong because the gap between Friday and Monday shows as a day. Its only an hours worth of data and actually shows (on the bottom) as the last hour of Fridays session but with period seperator turned on it'll show a gap...
  My million-dollar forecasts  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
I'm going to make a few forecasts a week on forex. See if I can collect a million dollars in the next few years. Seriously! Wish me good luck! Forecast #1, 2006-07-28 12:00 UTC: EURUSD right now is 1.2662. I predict that it will go down at least 60 pips, most likely 100 pips!
how to adjust the start time of the candlestick on 4 hours chart? e.g. I dont want the 4 hours candlestick start at 0 o'clock ,I want it start at 1 , 2 or 3 o'clock.
I am testing a EA in EURUSD 5 minutes timeframe , but in the journal appear these messages: There were 0 passes done during optimization TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD5' 100 pips a day: no data for testing I need that somebody says to me how to generate sufficient data for testing,...
Can someone help me write a script which calculate n day simple moving average ( shifted to the right by one day so that no calculation is needed for any newly incoming ticks ) and draw it on intraday charts? Thanks
Is there anyway to display the setup variable values on the indicator window?? I have comments from my EA that show up at the top left of the graph already. Having comments from both the EA and the indicator causes display conflicts. Your expertise is requested!Dave <<<
hello, i want to know why the sendorder method didn't change the sendorderinfo passed to it whenever this paramter pass to it by reference . or if any function must call to get this change.
hello, i want to now what this two fields does(digit,storage) in the traderecord struct in mtapi.dll api on interbank ver 3
OK so this is what i want to do. Maybe it is pointless, but nevertheless, i think it would be helpfull. Main idea: i want an indicator that will draw a 1 hour candel on the five minute chart. It has to be in such a way so that it is overlayed in the background of 12 5 minute candles. i will post of...
1) What statement do I use to put automatic levels of .35 and -.35 in an indicator so that when I use the indicator, it will automatically establish the levels when I drag it over the graph??? Dave<<<
[Deleted]
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the time settings for the time displayed along the bottom of the chart. It should be simple but I can't seem to figure out for some reason. The default setting is standard GMT time and I would like to change the time zone to reflect where I am located
Is there a way to tell if a downloaded mq4 file is a Expert, Indicator, Script, etc type file? I have downloaded lots of files, but do not know which directory to drop them into. I know Experts will not run if in the "indicators" folder and Indicators will not work in the "experts" folder, but its a...
Hi folks I've tooling around with the platform now for over a month and I'd like to know from people here who (brokers, esignal etc) support Meta Trader. I cannot find a listing anywhere - and the good folks who developed it won't share - which I found odd. They have over 100 banks and brokers -...
  Trend Deviation (TRD)  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I have a simple idea for a reversal idea. This idea will also work GREAT in five minute scalping. It is based off a candle formation known as an "engulfing pattern". Do any form of backtesting on engulfing patterns and you will see they are correct over 80% of the time. Here is what would need to...
Is there a way to run another script, EA or multiple scripts from a script? An example will be very much appreciated. Maji
I either get a red line or empty window when I load those to a chart Do I need to have any other files for the aroons to work?
My MT4 platform dont show demo history. It used to show it and now...nothing. fxdd, interbank, MIg....doesn;t matter. i dont know what is causing this
can someone here modify that indicator to make envelopes out of them?just like the moving average envelopes that come with metatrader( adjust the envelopes left and right and capable of seperating them as much as we want? i don't know how to discribe what i am saying. i hope one of you understand
take a look ^_^ http://www.forexbastards.com/funnyflashvideo.php
  Best Targets?  (1)
Hi to all! Can the experts here comment on what is the best indicator to achieve reasonable accuracy with targets? I use the Donchian Channels which seem to work ok but it gives a small range and does not allow for 2:1 RR. I attached it and a screen as well
  Fxdd Data  (7)
Hi, I was only getting 40-50% modelling quality. This might depend on EA, but when I've started testing from date I have 1 minute data from.....I get 90%. Unfortunatelly I don't have enough of FXDD 1min data... just since beginning of 2006, what is not enough to backtest strategy. Also it doesn't...
[Deleted]
I have a couple print lines.... Print(" index value high:",sLocatorHighs[p]," P is:",p," high matches:",highMatches," High is:",HIGH," index value low:",sLocatorLows[p]," P is:",p," low matches:",lowMatches," Low is:",LOW); and it will print ok unless I ask it to print the same line in two places in...
[Deleted]
  Data Box in MT4  (5)
Does anyone know a way that I can get a display of all the values of my indicators in one place using MT4? I know that when you place the cross-hair over one of the indicators a small box will be displayed giving only that indicator's values. I would like a way to get all of the info from all of my...
Can someone program a simple alert (text message or alarm) for this lsma indicator for when the line changes color. Thanks //---- indicator settings #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 Yellow #property indicator_color2 Chartreuse #property...