General - page 1471

EASY system EA  (2)
Hey guys, This is a nice system which its name is EASY and I mix it with some other stuff,I coded it myself and share it here (and some other forums)to take a look and gather your suggestions to make it better. If you have any Qs about coding or system just ask here.
  possible bug  (1)
I am getting false in the alert output of this code where I am expecting true. Can some body please tell me if I am wrong? [CODE] MqlRates myRates[] int copied=CopyRates(_symbol, _period, 0, bar_count, myRates); ArraySetAsSeries(myRates, true); if(copied<=0)...
Hi I have a function which I might need to use in future codes. I might write more functions later to use as well. Should I select the Library or Include  option in the wizard? and why? and then in my code "trying to make it as lean as possible" #import "myUtilities.ex5"    function name and...
Hi I am thinking, why bother and ArraySetAsSeries(low, true) where one can work with low[rates_total] as if it was low[0]? Why did the MQL5 developers set the arrays index with in OnCalculate (like low and high) so that the index 0 is at the start of the chart and not the most current? Is there a
When I compile an ea that has errors, in the tab errors (description) it mentions a line number but the actual line highlighted in the code is not the same line. Actually it takes you one line after the error. Please fix it. Thanks
Hi I am trying to get the index of the lowest low of a range of bars. The following idea is not working. Could you please suggest. thx //--- code heading MqlRates rates[]; //--- insdie the OnInit ArraySetAsSeries(rates,true); CopyRates(name,myPeriod,0,200,rates); //--- inside the...
  RSI EA needed  (2)
On the 1M EUR/USD Chart with the RSI set at 14, I buy at the 65 mark and close at the 50 mark. Vice versa, I sell at the 35 mark and close at the 50 mark. I have been using this strategy manually with success and would like to use a RSI EA to perform the transactions. Anyone
Stop orders are often used to try to protect profits. Take the stop order to another dimension and use it to reverse your position and open another trading possibility! When you place a stop order, it is only activated if the market trades at or through the stop price. These stop prices are often...
I just down loaded mql5 and love this player when it come to past history. Is there a way to use this player to do simulated trades off line: Where you can place a simulated trade and setting up a chart in the same manor like the forex tester software. Just had to ask this question....
Hi Is there a way to let this board notify me when reply is posted to a thread I am following? thx
[Deleted]
Exactly what is stacksize ? And when should you use this? Could someone give an example
Hi In the Navigator window, under Indicators > Trend. I see few indicators, I like to place a breakpoint and step over the steps to learn how few of them work. But do not know how to open them in the MetaEditor since I can not find them in the Navigator window there. thx
Hello everybody, let's say that if one would like to develop an Expert Advisor(for commercial use), are there any fees for licensing to pay to Metatrader corporation? Or are there any other copyright issues to obey? Thanks for your answers in advance.
Hi all, On Monday, We will be releasing a new beta version of the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard, our tool to create eas for mt5 without any coding. See http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard This version will allow a 10 day free trial (Registration is required) so you can...
I am not able to access over the past few days...anyone here have the same experience with me?
Hello, I need someone to program an EA that shows me how many bars have passed since a MA cross. For example, if the 62 EMA crosses the 800 SMA I want to be able to glance at my screen and see how many bars have passed since that cross. Thanks, Todd
  Metatrader 4+5 not working  (11   1 2)
Call me paranoid, but I am unable to get Metatrader 4 or 5 to receive data and am unable to get on any MetaQuotes website. Are their servers down? Is this only happening to me?
Hi everyone, Whoever is interested in becoming part of the inner circle of a well known bank please drop me a note. The kick-off will be a 15 minute survey among FX traders to define platform features and value proposition. Based on the results a special community may be formed for co-creation....
  Multicurrency expert test results  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Having read the articles on the construction of multi-currency EAs, asking questions and getting answers from the "gatekeepers" of the community, for me the question remains: "How to compose the EA code in such a way that the test results are correct?" The aim of the topic is just to find out this
I think it's time for another look at Japanese candlestick analysis. Let's take a closer look at kicking, widely considered a high reliability pattern in candlestick charts. Kicking patterns are another reversal signal. Kicking patterns on a candlestick chart are formed when there are two marubozu -...
I do optimization in tester with 10,000 usd deposit, and some results say profit even less than -19,000 !! please view attached pic. Tester on EURAUD,M5 back test from 2011.01.01 00:00 to 2011.05.01 00:00 forward test from 2011.05.01 00:00 to 2011.09.01 00:00
Is there any way to import Historical data to MT5? It seems that MT5 uses its own data and you cant import by now ( Aug. 2011) In order to checkout my syntax and code correctness in MQL5, I need to compare it with MQL4 result with its own data. MQL5 Historical Data has to much GAPS! Please let me
The pace of registration for the Automated Trading Championship 2011 is much more intensive compared to the previous year. Over 1250 people have already applied to participate. This figure is very close to that of 2008, when, at the peak of the annual tournaments of Expert Advisors in MQL4, there...
Optimization of trading strategies is an important factor for creating of successful trading systems. In the article "The Best Strategies of the 2006-2010 Automated Trading Championships" we reviewed statistical characteristics of top 20 trading systems of past Championships. This time we use...
In 2010 MetaQuotes Software Corp. started development of a platform for mobile trading. In January 2011, we reported the release of its first version, in which you could only trade and monitor your account. By March, interactive charts were included into the program, which allowed traders to...
today: WED -- GMT 16:00 (around DOW jones opening time in usa) fast web tv Bloomberg Television: Live TV - Bloomberg watching $euraud $audchf as usual $eurcad HERE IS THE LINK My Movie - YouTube no movie for WED , keep on watching tue one here My Movie - YouTube ======= http://tiny...
A month has passed since we opened Registration for the Automated Trading Championship 2011. During this first month, we have received 730 applications, and about 300 participants have already specified their personal data. These are almost twice the corresponding characteristics of the ATC 2010....
Half a year has passed since the Automated Trading Championship 2010. During this time, many EA developers certainly had time to reflect on the contest results and now prepare new trading strategies based on this valuable experience. Soon we will witness a new exciting battle of trading robots for...
[Deleted]
We continue to publish materials that will be very useful for the potential participants of the ATC 2011. This time we consider algorithms that will help you to check whether trade operations comply with the Rules of the Automated Trading Championship 2011. Our purpose is to create a class of trade...
To participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011, you need to register and submit an Expert Advisor trading according to your strategy. Read more about how to register and submit required materials in the article "How to Participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011". Don't...