General - page 1465

I have these manual trades. And I want to have an EA to trail these trades. My question is, is this possible? I was wondering to code something using objects from the trailingstop class, is this correct approach?
  Easy trading  (10)
ppl make trading way to hard on them selfs im going to post my trads for this week/ day had late start this week my trades just for thurs ERU/USD +211 GBP/USD +87 USD/CHF +184 Total=482 all trades open and closed within one trading day (like i said ppl make it to hard) i will post all trades from...
  About Alpari Uk  (1)
Hi Friends I am spanish, and Alpari Uk customer, and i dont know when Alpari will offer us the possibility of using MT5, if somebody knows when Alpari Uk will offer us MT5 for a real account... please say me. Regards
Say I type in the editor, SymbolInfoDouble(.... and I want to see the MQL5 reference for this...is there a shortcut? Currently I keep having to go to the tabs, which is very cumbersome... thx!
In the second week of the competition, the Expert Advisor of Sergey Nikitin (VNIK) trading on two currency pairs EURUSD and EURJPY got featured on the very top drawing away from the rest. Multicurrency Expert Advisors always attract attention in the Championship, especially those that show good...
I have created a small EA which has manage to successfully sends a pair of buy/sell stop orders correctly. Now, if any of them gets triggered, the other pending order is deleted. I use the above commands, but they are not working. PositionsTotal() keeps giving me zero, and positionSelect() keeps...
Hi, I'm starting a new thread to share some trade signals. Usage is very simple, just follow the pictures. Example from yesterday: Another signal that is usefull to follow is GOLD In case you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Hi, I cannot understand what's going on in MQL5 with regard to global variable values. According to the MQL5 blurb......... A variable declared outside all functions is located into the global scope. Access to such variables can be done from anywhere in the program.These variables are located in...
void OnStart () { //--- CSymbolInfo *mysymbol= new CSymbolInfo; Alert (mysymbol.Name()); return ; } I tried declaring the csymbolinfo object above, but its still nothing. Any help appreciated
Hello, This is a very strange EA someone sent me, I tested it with the demo account and it works , but only for the EUR/USD and only if using small amounts of money (small amounts as a percentage of the account balance), it only works when there is good volatility, but not too fast.
I have this simple piece, but I found this difference on the tester. Can I use symbolinfo object during tester? Or is it this object only applies to current? #include <Trade\SymbolInfo.mqh>CSymbolInfo mysymbol;Print("Obj Price = ",mysymbol.Ask(), " Price= ", SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_ASK));...
Can anybody help to code the exit? The rules are: Stop Loss is a fixed number of pips (is realised) Take Profit: Take Profit 1 should be a fixed number of pips and close ¾ of the open lots Take Profit 2 should be either a fixed number of pips or should close the trade at a given time at the same day...
[Deleted]
Hi I took the basic code from IBFX scripts ( just like a template) and modified to use with my scalping idea. For some reason ( not surprisingly , since i am not a programmer in mq4) it does not work all the time, getting stuck somewhere. And MT4 does not have a debugger. It works with 1 pair ( i...
I have a library "Logger" that has its main function "Loggit" This is code that comes from MT4: #property library #property copyright "Copyright 2011, Maieutic." #property link "http://www.maieutic.com" #property version "1.00" #include <stderror.mqh> string ErrorDescription(int...
Please give email address for possible but reporting. the mt5 terminal gets closed and the debugging mode exits. build 527 I am having a strange problem. when I step through the code "F10", and reach the line double Y=0.0; in the following loop for( ushort i = 0; i &lt; n; i++)...
Yesterday, I faced the problem. MetaTrader publisher didn't work regular mode. (Correct settings ). However, it started to work when I turned on passive mode. What is a passive mode? And What is the difference? Regards, Josef
I see that the architecture for historical data is changed in MT5. I have read the article discussing how the new concept work. I have recently experienced a lot of problems with missing data on MT4 with Alpari UK. Specifically large gaps with missing data on the 1 minute AUDUSD data Started out
I have this very strange problem which I think is related to MT5-terminal. I have Metatrader installed both at home and in work and both of these computers give me this "Display driver stopped working"-error way too often. The reason why is suspect it has something to do with MT is that I first had...
It would be nice if the Metatester 5 agents program ran in the system tray for easy access to the control panel. The convience of the system tray would just make things easier to access, in case of scheduling times needing to be changed. I allow access while I am working weekdays and late evenings
This is the first interview in the "ATC Champions League" project. Roman Zamozhniy (Rich) from Ukraine was the winner of the first Automated Trading Championship in 2006. In addition, he is a regular participant of our Championships - he has not missed a single contest. In this interview, we talked...
Only four participants have remained in TOP-10 to the end of the second week of the Championship. They are gery18, Tim, enivid and golders. The former leader Matúš German from Slovakia has moved from the first to the fifth place though his Expert Advisor has not made any gross mistakes. It has...
Have you ever taken the position against all your indicators, strategy and logic, just because you felt that it should work? And eventually it worked. And eventually your trade was closed with nice profit. Does it sound familiar to you? It can work in another direction. Perfect position was closed...
I tried to run an EA in the strategy tester and am getting a "tester agent synchronization error". Does anyone know the cause of this and how to resolve it? thanks
  Feedback in jobs  (3)
I may be being completely stupid, but I can't see how to add feedback to a completed job. Could someone please tell me, because I am getting very frustrated. I have searched all over mql5.com. Thanks MW
&nbsp;please advise whether MT5 allows trading ETFs/stocks or only Forex
Scalping is popular trading style. Traders love to scalp. Nevertheless, some brokers prohibit scalping or advertise " Scalping is allowed!" ( I have seen many banners on the forums). So what is the idea? Traders are making money with the scalping. Brokers don't like that. Where is the logic?! I came...
Hi I was reading this cute name EA called expertMAMA.mq5 that comes together with the terminal. I am somewhat ok with logic that goes on in the OnInit(), but when it comes to the rest below: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Function-event handler "tick"...
Antonio Morillas from Spain (sallirom) was first who doubled his starting balance from the beginning of the Championship and thus attracted our attention. His trading strategy is extremely risky. We decided to talk to Antonio about risk and luck as these are part and parcel of Automated Trading...