Brokers chasing successfull EA's and/or systems?

Dear fellow traders,

In my spare moments I have a hard time making my brain relax or disconnect from trading issues...Some of you, after reading this, will think that I am either an idiot, lunatic or just stupid. Others might see a point where I see. I have been testing many EA's, systems, and forex trading algorithms. I am not looking for a holy grail but just to perfect myself in what I do, I guess we are all in that path...

The philosophy behind the theory I want to express here resumes to a simple question: is this generation of brokers working really against us? The retail traders? Or, on the other hand, they are working in order to create a class of sustainable small traders instead of looking for a continuous turn over of losers?

Well, what led me to this question was a simple observation.

In this market, as we all know, there are a lot of scams, however if we have the time and the courage to put our hands inside the dirt we might find some very valuable tools, even if they are sold commercialy...

Its no secret that I have EA Shark and Griffin because those are the only EA's that shows a healthy non-curve fitted 9 years backtest, thus revealing quite a lot of flexibility in this changing market. Since 2008 that these 2 EA's became more and more famous, since 2008 that both of them have been underperforming. Anyone might agree with me that brokers will chase good algorithms in order to earn some more money, espcially if they are used by many traders.

So, my point is, if you have a good system, if you are profitable, from the moment that you exposed your "secret" you are doomed to fail.

Please give some input on this.

Thanks and happy trading!

elektrance:
Anyone might agree with me that brokers will chase good algorithms

Hi Elektrance,Since the time you got your new one (same one I've got) you now realize that the brokers will NOT be able to stop you even if they could chase it but they likely would realize it too and not bother anymore. Cool huh?

I think thats being a little paranoid elektrance. I have shark too, and I too have noticed the boring lack of action in it this year, especially the last few months, but this is just because of the current market. It's equally boring on any broker (I'm on fxfrench, and I have friends using it on other brokers).

If it was brokers fiddling with the EA trades, then it would happen on only a few brokers, not all of them right?

That is absolutely true Cyclon! And I cant thank you enough for sharing the most precious comoodity in the world: knowledge.

Rebatefx, you are right, my purpose was to be radical to get some inputs and information on what is happening. Thanks for sharing your experience. I just stopped using Shark not because of its poor results at the moment. Just because I found a manual system that fullfills my expecations! For me, Shark is still the best fully automated EA out there. You know, I dont like to fund brokers' kids college tuitions, so I rather be on the winning side all the time

well, can't always win but you can ride the coat tails of the market makers and brokers after they do take out stops. they can do it once a night but when the real traders get in the market makers cannot stop that much momentum. no broker in the world could and when it's time to catch the money train, get your butt on there! they automate all their trades and so do I now. i don't use commercial systems however but proprietary EA's I create and have coded.

Hazelj80, if you automate all your trades, then how do you cope with daily market mover news suchs as the Jobless claims or wathever ? the outcome of the news can move the market on a side or another regardless of any technical analysis. Do you deactivate your system just before every news, or despite what you say, you trade in a descretionary way too ?

I am asking that because I tried to fully automate my trades too, the daily news took out all my profit most of the time because of non monitored major news.

The only way I have found to have a profitable fully automated trading system is to work on arbitrage deals, but banks or brokers ends up tagging you as sniper, so not a good solution anyway.

i think the biggest problems with EA's is that everybody tries to design them to ride a trend. the biggest trends, as we all know, happen in the London session. EA's don't survive too long in those sessions. i only know of EA's that stay consistent in the Asia session that scalp. you can easily make a scalping EA that trades off of low volatility. and it can't be a highly volatile pair or a pair with a large spread. basically, make an EA that trades when particular countries are sleep. look at certain pairs at certain times and you'll see what I mean.

You might be right about that; all systems I have done where used for range trading and only from 8 AM GMT to 10 PM GMT. Gonna code something when I stop being lazy.

Is there a 2 MA cross download for mt4?

Thanks

You wont have any problem downloading that, there are huge repositories of indicators on the web, just google it.

Now, since this is a very simple system I would recommend you to code it rather than download it - won't take you more than 6 hours (which includes understanding how to code a basic indicators and coding that).

When it comes to simple systems like this one I would strongly suggest that you code it yourself, you don't know if the other guy did it correctly.

For example, the crossing method may not be defined in a comprehensive way, and you may end using a system who identify only 70% of the crossings instead of all of them - which basically will render your backetsting irrelevant.

Hope that helps.

trade with other platform,e.g strategyrunner or neoticker

EA is not so reliable imho

Reason: