Missing 2 Weeks Data in March 2010

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a two week or so gap in 1 minute historical data for GbpUsd from around March 13 to March 26 or so? I've installed 2 fresh MT4 implementations from 2 different brokers and they both have this March data hole.

This is a big problem.

Anyone know what's up with that?

t.

ANYONE!?!?!!?

You know, even someone to confirm that they DON'T have a hole in their March 2010 GbpUsd data would be better than nuttin'!

t.

relax a bit

alpari US - no hole
citifx - no hole
cms - no hole
forex.com - no hole
fxcm - no hole
fxdd - no hole
ibfx - no hole
mig - no hole
odl - no hole

don't know what to tell you but you should contact your broker and ask for the data, if they don't seem to care to help then you should decide for yourself whether they really want your business

1005phillip wrote >>

relax a bit

alpari US - no hole
citifx - no hole
cms - no hole
forex.com - no hole
fxcm - no hole
fxdd - no hole
ibfx - no hole
mig - no hole
odl - no hole

don't know what to tell you but you should contact your broker and ask for the data, if they don't seem to care to help then you should decide for yourself whether they really want your business

1005phillip -- "relax a bit" you say? That's a good one. We've got $250,000+ of accounts trading and I can't remodel the signals due to crappy data!

OK, I'm very intrigued about the fact that you've got "fxdd - no hole" in your list. I've tried our normal broker plus also FXDD. When I set 530,000 bars of history and do a full download with a fresh installation of FXDD's terminal I'm getting that same hole from about March 13 to March 26. Are you saying that when you check your history center for GBPUSD 1 minute data you've got all March data?!? Wow, I envy you and don't know why I'm not getting that.

Maybe I'll try another broker's demo account, perhaps Oanda or IBFX...

Please confirm Phillip, did you actually check the historic data one minute bars for March 2010 for GBPUSD for FXDD and see it all there for March?

Much obliged.

someone posted this issue, pls search

doshur wrote >>
someone posted this issue, pls search

Searched first before posting. Please assist by giving a clue to the search term as I got all blanks!

1005phillip wrote >>

relax a bit

alpari US - no hole
citifx - no hole
cms - no hole
forex.com - no hole
fxcm - no hole
fxdd - no hole
ibfx - no hole
mig - no hole
odl - no hole

alpari UK - hole
fxdd - hole
jadefx - hole

I don't know where you're getting your data but the data I'm downloading via history center all has the hole.

Found as per another thread that the FXDD manual 1m data at http://global.fxdd.com/en/mt1m-data.html is OK. Will try to work with that thanks.

t.

https://forum.mql4.com/16182
https://forum.mql4.com/31357

Based on possibly:
1. max bars setting of your mt4
or
2. max bars automatically refreshed to you by your broker

Lets say you current data you have is up to Jan 31 2010. If you open MT4 now and it automatically downloads related data, and your data source limits to 2 weeks data, then you have a hole from Feb 1 to 2-weeks-before-today.

tbuitendyk wrote >>

1005phillip -- "relax a bit" you say? That's a good one. We've got $250,000+ of accounts trading and I can't remodel the signals due to crappy data!

OK, I'm very intrigued about the fact that you've got "fxdd - no hole" in your list. I've tried our normal broker plus also FXDD. When I set 530,000 bars of history and do a full download with a fresh installation of FXDD's terminal I'm getting that same hole from about March 13 to March 26. Are you saying that when you check your history center for GBPUSD 1 minute data you've got all March data?!? Wow, I envy you and don't know why I'm not getting that.

Maybe I'll try another broker's demo account, perhaps Oanda or IBFX...

Please confirm Phillip, did you actually check the historic data one minute bars for March 2010 for GBPUSD for FXDD and see it all there for March?

Much obliged.

Not sure how you "do a full dowload" but if I had to guess I suspect you are pressing that "Download" button on the lower-left corner of History Center. And if you think that is giving you your broker's price data then...

1005phillip wrote >>

Not sure how you "do a full dowload" but if I had to guess I suspect you are pressing that "Download" button on the lower-left corner of History Center. And if you think that is giving you your broker's price data then...

I get your point. That was one "hole" in my personal knowledgebase that has now been dealt with! ;-)

I suppose that every scrap of knowledge that each one of us has right at this moment is a bit of information that we did not have prior to learning it...
Reason: