Are there any server solutions available for running EAs ?

I'd like to know if there's a MetaTrader broker out there offering, besides micro mini lots and hedging, a server solution for running EAs - meaning that I upload the EA on their server and it works 24/24 without having me worried about the internet connection and power outages.

Rosh, that thing is totally in russian! (I thought about renting a server, but I wanted to find out if BROKERS offer this, cause I think MetaQuotes must have given brokers SOMETHING to enable expert advisors running on client accounts from their servers).

AFAIK no brokers offer their servers for rent. Look for internet service provider

Stringo, I never even thought about brokers renting their servers. Instead, I thought they may have some MetaQuotes software that enables them running hundreds EAs simultaneously on clients accounts. That's what I meant by "server solution", cause if I rent a server for myself, that's a "home made solution", but I think this last one will be the final choice...

I don't see why you couldn't lease or rent a windows server from the many on line providers and do it yourself...I would try to price a dedicated server (I am leasing a unix for about $120 a month and have quite a few domains on it) check the bandwidth allowed, and their rules and regulations but it should be doable. You can get them by the month. I have never messed with a windows server but I am sure you would have to go that way to run the trading platform.. as I doubt they have a unix version. You might also check with your local isp, mine here has regular windows machines set up as servers (I have one here at home running apache and a mail server) and sometimes they will allow you to plug your own computer into their system or rent a computer from them . At least you would have a pretty sure line and power etc. I am relatively sure they would not want you on a "shared" computer. too much bandwidth, I would imagine. I haven't checked how much the program uses but it sure seems to light up my firewall. You can expect to pay anywhere from $100 a month to $600 a month.. depending on the company.
Why not just run the platform on, say a laptop that is plugged in.. any power outage and the laptop will continue to run what, two hours or so .. by that time surely the power will be back on... also I used to run dsl and cable in my home, and had two servers running on them, I very seldom lost either connection... I have been running dsl here for two years and have only been down about two hours total time. . so the modern dsl and cable are pretty dependable.

Hey OldMan, not all of us afford it... But I may have some chances with my local ISP...

TheEconimist

I would strongly advise you to go for companies that offers windows VPS service. .. there are so many of them around, for me I use www. i-netsolutions.net
you can hire a vps server for $35 a month with 5 GB Disk Space, 200 GB Bandwidth, and its so easy to access it, this can be done through Remote Desktop Connection which is a free utility in Windows-XP.

This would be the best solution to run EA's without to be worried internet connection and power.

Good luck

Thank you alnaqeeb! That's a good idea, cause you can barely find a Linux server at that price... Now what I need is a good EA :)) If MetaTrader would have supported more instances on the same machine, one of us could have run dozens of EAs, driving down the costs...

alnaqeeb:
TheEconimist

I would strongly advise you to go for companies that offers windows VPS service. .. there are so many of them around, for me I use www. i-netsolutions.net
you can hire a vps server for $35 a month with 5 GB Disk Space, 200 GB Bandwidth, and its so easy to access it, this can be done through Remote Desktop Connection which is a free utility in Windows-XP.

This would be the best solution to run EA's without to be worried internet connection and power.

Good luck

Do you find that you use the 200GB? Anyone know about how much data per month this would take?

I used MT Mobile (demo) for a while... it was eating up to 4 MB daily... on an average usage of 8 hrs daily... I never went over my GPRS tariff plan of 300 MB monthly. .. shouldn't go over 180 MBs . But of course, for one pair...
Reason: