Guyver's trading journal

Cycles with S/R Levels [ in development ] is my dear project now been working on for last 3 months mostly i got help with Gann books , Float thread at StratgeybulderFX , ForexTsd's Harmonic Thread and Bubbles thread of S/R . Will post my trades here for record .

I have missed to posting the gbpusd trade which turned out to be good but i have a new cycle started for USD CHF so i will start this thread with that,

SELL USDCHF@ 1.2374

SL 1.2424

TP@ open

Hi Guyver,

Interesting system... How do you measure the cycles? I was studying trading market cycles as per J.M.Hurst's book for a few months as well but I came to the conclusion that at least in FX, the length of the dominant cycle on each timeframe keeps varying... I guess it's mostly due to the fundamentals on the longer TFs and due to excessive noise on the shorther ones.

What do you think?

Malcik:
Hi Guyver,

Interesting system... How do you measure the cycles? I was studying trading market cycles as per J.M.Hurst's book for a few months as well but I came to the conclusion that at least in FX, the length of the dominant cycle on each timeframe keeps varying... I guess it's mostly due to the fundamentals on the longer TFs and due to excessive noise on the shorther ones.

What do you think?

Hello Malcik. I defined cycles as price movement from bottom to up and then to bottom again[ vice versa] in a time span which is shorter then the preceiding one backed this up with float book and i started to seeing some common patterns emerging there are some harmonic numbers about how much movement in price terms you would expect not saying this is ultimate but i have had some good gains with this strategy losses are part of the game and i am still refining it.. S/R is just used for entry like for e.g " take the previous high or previous low "

This chart shows how a GBPUSD cycle started on 13/06/2007 @ 13:30 obviously the 1.9726 was the support and nearest was from 12th april 2007

the cycle automatically detects if it's going to be long trade or short trade by calculating where the market was in price movement and what time span it is graphically this application lacks alot but inside the code is growing and more work needs to be done but for start it is fine ... but i hope some how answered your question

Update

USDCHF @ 1.2400

Still waiting for the entry on this one 2 tps on the chart,

tp1 : 1.2324

tp2 : 1.2274

looks interesting mate...

Update

in case i am not here to dismiss the trade the chart shows how this trade setup will be dismissed that is if this condition is met no more entering the market . The high at 1.2424 should not exceed any further and entry at 1.2374 should be met.. Ofcourse these are just the filters i am using currently to have the best entry .. The 1.2424 should be like a real resistance same as +2 in MurreyMath it should hold if not ...

my scenerio is cancelled even though it goes to my entry this is one way i try to reduce my loses of checking the resistance and support validity,

USDJPY with Float

Let Us see where yen will move i sold at 123.60 with stop just 123.80 dont want to risk a lot

update

Guyver:
Let Us see where yen will move i sold at 123.60 with stop just 123.80 dont want to risk a lot

just want to add the usdchf trade is still running i just added usdjpy with just float signal.

About USDCHF

well since i have sold yen at the top so i know it could stay here for some time my main caution is the usdchf which has not moved whole day long. will wait till it takes my stop nothing much to do yet.

hi guyver,

nice trade for usdchf friday.

I entered at 12389 after another falls attempt above 12400 but got fcked by trailing stop at 12330 from my dear broker.

Can you tell more about your approach,system,looks accurate to catch time of the movement (and direction).From what you say before i did not understand how do you trade.

Guyver - BRAVO!!! usd/chf trade - impresive I have to tell, bravo once again. looking at u/j - dont you think NOW it is time to fall down?

Reason: