US Payment Withdrawal Options – Skrill

Unfortunately, the Skrill virtual card and account is not working for me in the US when attempting to withdraw my payments. I am greeted with the same message that is received when withdrawing to any US Visa or Mastercard, "transaction failed because of them not us, blah blah blah...". Anyone from the US have any luck with successful MetaTrader payments to your Skrill account using a virtual or digital card, any advice on how to make MetaTrader withdrawals successful through a Skrill account?

Tony: Unfortunately, the Skrill virtual card and account is not working for me in the US when attempting to withdraw my payments. I am greeted with the same message that is received when withdrawing to any US Visa or Mastercard, "transaction failed because of them not us, blah blah blah...". Anyone from the US have any luck with successful MetaTrader payments to your Skrill account using a virtual or digital card, any advice on how to make MetaTrader withdrawals successful through a Skrill account?

Please be aware that PayPal was re-enabled again a few days ago, should that be the reason why you are attempting to work with Skrill.

I'm a Skrill user too, but my virtual card is a EU MasterCard (which is working without issue), so I'm unable to comment on the US VISA alternative.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please be aware that PayPal was re-enabled again a few days ago, should that be the reason why you are attempting to work with Skrill.

I'm a Skrill user too, but my virtual card is a EU MasterCard (which is working without issue), so I'm unable to comment on the US VISA alternative.

Thanks for the reply - Yea, I know PayPal is back in action (finally). I am trying to secure an alternative method of withdrawal as it appears this PayPal thing has occurred numerous times in the past without warning, rhyme, or reason, just gone. Definitely, not a fan of being locked out of making withdrawals on any platform for weeks without any updates or notices from the team supporting the site.

I actually got the Skrill idea from one of your previous post. So you have an EU Mastercard that was offered on Skrill? I was only given the option of Visa Debit for a virtual card on Skrill. I have not opted for the physical card but it also seems to be a Visa Debit too.

Tony #: I actually got the Skrill idea from one of your previous post. So you have an EU Mastercard that was offered on Skrill? I was only given the option of Visa Debit for a virtual card on Skrill. I have not opted for the physical card but it also seems to be a Visa Debit too.

I did some digging on the Skrill website, and it seems that the US customers only have the VISA option and Skrill services are also somewhat more limiting for US customers for some reason.

It may be that certain USA laws have restricted the services that Skrill can offer to the US customers and that may also be affecting the VISA Direct service for receiving funds outside of the USA.

It may be helpful for you to inquire with the Skrill customer service to find out if there is some way to overcome the issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I did some digging on the Skrill website, and it seems that the US customers only have the VISA option and Skrill services are also somewhat more limiting for US customers for some reason.

It may be that certain USA laws have restricted the services that Skrill can offer to the US customers and that may also be affecting the VISA Direct service for receiving funds outside of the USA.

It may be helpful for you to inquire with the Skrill customer service to find out if there is some way to overcome the issue.

Thanks again for the response and research - 

Yea, I reached out to Skrill and received this message from the Skrill Help Team regarding the common failed payment message received on MetaTrader:

Skrill Support Team
12/22/2022
11:22

Hello Tony, Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team. This is to confirm that your VISA card can be used online for International payments where VISA cards are accepted. We`ve checked your account but could not find any recent transaction attempts registered in it. This means that the transaction was declined at the merchant level. In this case, we strongly advise that you contact the merchant in question for further assistance regarding the failed transaction attempt. In case of any questions do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards, Ayodeji Skrill Help Team

I wish there was another option to reach out to the MetaTrader support team without being limited to selections of a well addressed but lacking depth, bot with a max character limit like I am sending a tweet to someone.

Super frustrating with no viable support on the US side of operations...

Definitely something newcomers need to be made aware of if looking for providing support to MetaTrader via different services without adequate support to receive well-gained funds at any given moment.

Tony #: Yea, I reached out to Skrill and received this message from the Skrill Help Team regarding the common failed payment message received on MetaTrader

Unfortunately the Skrill response is misleading or you were not sufficiently clear in your question to them.

Their reply is referring to payments, not receiving money via the VISA Direct service, which is something completely different.

Make sure you are very specific regarding your question or their reply will be useless.

Explain to them in detail that it is a VISA Direct transaction for receiving money, not paying money. It may possibly the "Account-to-account (A2A)" functionality of VISA Direct, but I'm not certain on that point.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Unfortunately the Skrill response is misleading or you were not sufficiently clear in your question to them.

Their reply is referring to payments, not receiving money via the VISA Direct service, which is something completely different.

Make sure you are very specific regarding your question or their reply will be useless.

Explain to them in detail that it is a VISA Direct transaction for receiving money, not paying money. It may possibly the "Account-to-account (A2A)" functionality of VISA Direct, but I'm not certain on that point.

Thanks for the reply,

We can analyze Skrill's reply until we are non-existent. The fact of the matter remains- MetaTrader has an issue with Debit/Credit Card payments along with the other options they list on the their Withdrawals page for USA. Skrill is not seeing the transactions so that means there is a disagreement somewhere between Metatrader and their service. I cannot not discuss with Skrill further regarding something they cannot see within their transaction and requests. I have tried many different credit cards and banks along with other MetaTrader members reporting the same issue.

Following your posts - I thought there were solutions with Skrill via MetaTraders Visa, MC Credit Card withdrawal, that is currently not the case. The only withdrawal option available to USA members is through PayPal. Obviously, there is something that is occurring between PayPal and MetaTrader that causes them to randomly remove the link without any prior MetaTrader notification or warning to USA or apparently other country/World users - preventing USA contributors to receive payment via other listed options in the Withdrawal Page.

Contributors like myself need to be made aware of this significant note before investing their time and energy into contributing to the MetaTrader platform with the potential of not receiving earned funds at any given moment without notice.

Thanks again for your reply, but I believe this is not something we can solve within this post unless you or I are capable of getting MetaTrader in compliance with USA, VISA, MC, or somebody's standards of secure payments/withdrawals via the listed MetaTrader methods of withdrawal or transactions outside of PayPal.

If a MetaTrader team member is reading this:

• Provide an alternative withdrawal solution for USA users. Many users have identified numerous options for payment and withdrawal solutions throughout the Forum. Show support and pick one to show solidarity for those who provide support by contributing.
  • Provide a simple alert when PayPal or any other withdrawal option is down. Nothing major - banner for members, email, SMS message, or however your want, just inform us. Removing the link is not the way to go for updating users.
  • Provide a simple notice to when PayPal withdrawal will return. An informed user is a confident and loyal user.

Thanks,

Tony:

I thought that you had to be a registered seller before you are able to withdraw funds.

You are not a registered seller.

@Keith Watford #: I thought that you had to be a registered seller before you are able to withdraw funds. You are not a registered seller.
I am not sure on this, but I believe that those sharing their computer resources via MetaTester on the MQL5 Cloud, are able to earn and withdraw those funds without being a registered seller.
Reason: