MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 836

In strategy tester/expert Properties/"inputs Tab", Where can I find information about "Step" and "Stop" columns ? I am using MT4 Build Version 4.00 Build 509. Thanks
Good morning, I have some EA's trading but I need to move them to a new computer but using the same account. The problem is the EA has positions open and it will not close them soon, so I need to know how can I move the EA to the new computer without affecting the current trades. The EA, in the...
If you compare "shift" for inbuilt "bands" to this code - they plot differently e.g. 20 2 20 //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Bands.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software
  Ubzen OOP Project with MAE  (14   1 2)
Ok, I cannot get self-motivated enough to complete this project on_my_own and thats why I'm starting this thread. The Objective: Create an MAE( Maximum Adverse Excursion ) generator which reads mt4 && mt5 report. The mql_code will utilize || test the new OOP features being incorporated into the mql4...
when I use "ordersend" to open orders as below: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lots,OrderClosePrice()+100*Point,3,0,0,0,0,0,0); Sometime MT4 will complain that the stoploss is too little, but I don't know how to know what is the minimum for some pair's stoploss. another question: about messagebox...
If i have a variable "double x=1.1;" and a string "string variables[] = {"a","b","x","y"};" I can obvioulsy get my x string by saying "variables[3]" but how do i get this back into my variable value of 1.1 if i only know that variables[3] contains the name of the variable that holds my value of 1.1...
[Deleted]
Hi, when the new terminal is launched will we be forced to re-compile our eas, indicators or scripts for them to work with the new terminal or is this just for market products.
[Deleted]
Hi, I’veexperienced the following strange behaviour regarding the history update: When usinga while-loop in an indicator, with refreshrates() in between, the history data doesn’tget updated within the loop, even when I run the loop for 60 seconds. Insteadthe data is updated immediately after the...
When I turn on Scale Fix the volume bars, at the bottom of the screen, disappear, although the check box in the options for Volumes remains checked. Is this just a bug, or is there some way of turning them back on? My original problem is that the candles are getting mixed up with the volume bars, so
// catch value of bid if no order is opened.double line_of_trades( )  { static double the_line=0;  // save value btwn repeated calls.    int total=OrdersTotal();     if(total>0)   {   the_line=0;    return(0);    } if(total<1 && the_line>0)  {   Print("The Line is There");   return(0);  }...
[Deleted]
After uploading history data till 2008 in M1 timeframe for 10 currency pairs in Meta Trader 4. I have issues with its performance. Every now & then it freezes on me while I am backtesting the respective charts. Pl. advise the solution. Thanks Praveen G
Hi, I use an alert-message containing Close[0] and the price shown in the alert window is displayed like this: 1.34420000 (EURUSD) or 134.25000000 (EURJPY). Can someone please tell me how to cut the last zeros? I didn't find anything with the search function. Thank you!
[Deleted]
can anyone help me out on how I can Install An Indicator That Has Only A .exe file
[Deleted]
Hello, I use the indicator REPULSE on MT4. Could you modify the code to identify the divergences ? thank you very much //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Repulse.mq4 |//| FCognet |//|...
[Deleted]
Hi, Just one Short question ... Is it necessary to protect a ms VPS via software? If yes what Software do you use?
[Deleted]
  Code Problems!  (19   1 2)
Hi All, I am new to the Mql4 forum, but I have been using MetaStock for years. Below is the code for an indicator that I am trying write. Basically, I'm trying to get either a value of 1 ( when " iClose
[Deleted]
In chart, I Can`t change EA property, after i use simulate tick every 1 second in Start() How to solve this.....help me Please...! int start(){if(!IsTesting() || !IsStopped()) {   int hwnd=WindowHandle(Symbol(), Period());   int msg = RegisterWindowMessageA("MetaTrader4_Internal_Message");...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am looking for an experienced MetaTrader4 programmer to work for me.In particular, I am looking for a way to get Data out of MetaTrader4 and into files on the PC, ideally in MetaStock format. These files should be updated at regular intervals. I have download a free Expert Advisor (called
  Folks Beware!  (21   1 2 3)
"The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything." —Albert Einstein. With this in mind I decided to write this post. I do not expect to gain anything from it. Instead, I post it with the objective that members in the forex community...
New article Raise Your Linear Trading Systems to the Power has been published: Today's article shows intermediate MQL5 programmers how they can get more profit from their linear trading systems (Fixed Lot) by easily implementing the so-called technique of exponentiation. This is because the...
[Deleted]
Hi, Background I'm a C# developer, working for my employer to build an Excel Add-in having MT4 functionalities. As a first step I've implemented most of the trading functions and some other important ones, as Excel UDFs and now I can do the trading stuff by using these functions from Excel. Now as a...
Has anyone seen any expert advisors that will trade the 127 Fibonacci or know how to build one.
what wrong with it? when i have play an order it aways auto close. i can,t do any order. mt5 is good but it have not fxpro server. how made it to be do an order?
[Deleted]
Hello and sorry for bother if there is already same problem. I am trying to call from my EA indicator via iCustom() Indicator code is that #property indicator_separate_window#property...
Is it possible to code an EA that allows the user to enter the name and parameters of a custom indicator so that they can be passed to iCustom() ? I have tried to figure out a way to do this and I have hit the wall, how to get the parameters into iCustom without knowing how many there will be or...
[Deleted]
start time=0130 server time stop lose=20 take profit=25 close time=1630 server time
If I have a running EA and shut down MetaTrader when I restart MetaTrader the EA begins running again automatically. I can see why this would be normal behaviour but in case market conditions have changed since closing MetaTrader I want to block the automatic start and have a chance to decide to run...
[Deleted]
What causes stack overflow error in mql4 during compiling? Im suspecting using a function to create objects . Below is the function that has been called over a hundred times to create objects. int ObCreate( string ObName, double Xdist, double Ydist, double Zoom) { ObjectCreate (ObName, OBJ_LABEL
  The new MT4  (10)
What will be the important differences between MT4 and MT5 after "The Big CHANGE"
Hi, been testing and tweaking my new EA all day but I've run into a snag - The strategy tester now gets through about 1/5 of the way through the data and then returns the results without finishing the test. If I put it in visual mode, the price sometimes just hovers in the same spot changing by only...