MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 761

[Deleted]
Bear with me, I'm a newbie. Is there a function, or routine to print out to an external printer (Basically what you can print to the journal, but a hard copy instead. Thanks
[Deleted]
  about time  (4)
I check time of some broker : The first bar of day in M1 is 0:00 and the last is 23:59. Do the time shown in MT4 are the same with other broker
Well I managed to dld the csv-file for yesterday from the tds-calendar, url: http://calendar.forex-tsd.com/calendar.php?csv=1&date=20140214&calendar[]=4&gmt=0 If I paste that into the address line of my FF, FF asks me to open this files with LibreOffice, which I can and where I see and recognize...
[Deleted]
Dear All, Is there a way in the new MT4 to force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" without pressing the ENTER key and without external DLL intervention ? I mean with a specific chart event or any other way. Thank you for your help. Eric
Hey guys, I made a ColorOsMA Indicator and it works fine. Now I wanted to add two horizontal lines to the indicator. It is the first step to program my own divergence-indicator. The indicator should print the lines at the last top and the last low of the indicator. My definition for the last top /...
[Deleted]
Hi Has anyone seen this problem and if so can you help please. When I draw a trend line on one time frame (W1 for example) that trend line is not in the correct position on a different time frame (say D1 for example). In some cases the price may be above the trend line and below it in another...
Hi there, I've read about installing/copying folders for multiple MT4 instances; charts per instance and so on... There is plenty info about it, but, are there advantages of, for example, having one instance of mt4 with lets say 'n' charts, each one of those with a heavy or light EA (in the sense of
  SendEmail OMG  (6)
Has anyone figured out how to send emails without having to purchase a 3rd party tool? I like MT4 but I cannot get it to send emails!! Other platforms, no problem, I just have a lot of time vested in MT4. Any programmers want to tell me how for a small fee? Thanks in advance!
  Help needed:  (23   1 2 3)
Hi all, Please help and advise how to do this: 3 parameters: Total_Candles = 40 Above_Candles = 5 1 moving average as reference. Condition 1: If At least 5 candles in a row closes above Moving average over the last 40 candles, then Condition_1 is valid. Question: What is the proper function to use...
Hi! I was wondering if anybody knows how to change the labeling on the y-axis of an indicator? At present my indicator has a fixed range of values running from -100 to +100. I have added levels at +30, +50 and +70. I am happy with the labels on the level lines. However, I would like to change the
I have 2 or 3 questions: 1/. Does new version of Meta Trader 4 collect ticks of each 1-Minute bar? 2/. Can I download TICKS HISTORY for major currency pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD ...) for Meta Trader 4? 3/. If answer for second question is YES, then FROM WHERE and HOW TO import...
Hi all, I have an EA that worked fine in MT4 version 600 and previous, not working anymore. There are no errors in the journal, it simply does not open trades. When I compile the code I get a warning (but no errors), apparently there is an issue with the function OrderSellect and OrderModify:   for...
[Deleted]
Hi Folks, I've been using a position sizing indi in MT4 which a coder created, it works great (risk:reward, lot sizing etc.) but it uses the MT4 account balance as the default. I use MT4 as my charting package but another broker for execution. I'm trying to modify this indicator to have a manual...
I want to run backtest form 2012. Where can I download historical data ? thank you
Hello good morning! I have a problem by installing an indicator. I downloaded the Didi-Index-Indicator from the bibliothek, put it in the MQL4 folder (Indicator). But when I open the MT4 again I can`t see the indicator. What is the problem. Thanks for our help. Hans
[Deleted]
MT4 is generating errors repeatedly, and I have no idea what the source of the problem is. I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this. Warm Regards
I'm running a backtest on one of my EAs on mt4 build 625 and suddenly the backtester will stop, like it is paused but I didn't pause it (also I'm not running visual mode). It seems to always do this whenever 7 trades are opened simultaneously. Then I ran it in visual mode at the dates where the...
MetaTrader 4 build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer It will contain the following changes: Market: Added new product category in MetaTrader AppStore - Magazines. Now, users can buy not only trading applications but also trading and financial magazines quickly and easily....
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm coding a grid system and have a problem. The orders have only a stoploss and no takeprofit, after one stoploss gets hit the ea will close all pending orders to let the winning orders open ! Now I want to let him move the Stoploss of the winning orders to breakeven but he dont do that....
[Deleted]
This is my first time trying to create an EA that uses multiple pairs. I have been having trouble with MetaTrader printing out the correct numbers and I can't figure it out. I have dumbed my code down to find the problem. The variable DiffClose should produce HigherPairClose / LowerPairClose, or...
Hello, I started learning MQL, I have written following code. I started off from a code from web, but because it was too complicated, I tried to distill it down to small IF and FOR conditions, which I understand a bit. It is very simple because right now these are the only chapters I have finished
[Deleted]
Need help urgently. I have this problem and unable to solve it. I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the MT4, but none works. I can't see and load any chart, and unable to switch periodicity. This is showing in my journal: 2012.04.24 07:24:51 HistoryCenter: unknown chart 'EURUSD1440'...
Hi, I'd like to use Bollinger Bands when the chart is in trading range in order to get buy/sell signal when a bar touch the lower/upper band. I want to detect if the chart is in trading range by comparing value of upper band or lower band bar after bar to know if its value is stable or not so I...
Since a few days now my MT4, build 625, crashes immediately when opening it. I have tried the following with no success: - Uninstall and re-install all different brokers MT4s - Delete the MetaQuotes folder from users/.../appdata/Roaming - Registry cleanup - Install in different folders. Each time I...
[Deleted]
Hi, i'm a total beginner and i've tried to compile this following EA, but nothing appears on the screen. #property copyright "Lool"#property version   "1.00"#property strict////+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert initialization...
[Deleted]
extern double StopLoss_v_pipech=50;extern double Profit_target_v_pipech=200;extern double Velikost_pozice=0.01;extern double Posun_na_BE_v_pipech=50;int MyDigits = 10;int Magic_number=1009;bool ticket,close,modify;bool obchodovat=true;int D,m,h;double SL,PT,BE,H,L,SLev,NewSL...
Hello, iam starting to write my first EA. But since the beginning, there's a strange behavior of my EA. Ok my first problem is, that orders are opened in the air, while there is no trend.. and my second problem is, the order is opened while the conditions are FALSE!! void...
[Deleted]
Hi all! I have some accounts mt4, strategy tester M1 can run before 2:50 10-April and after 12-April, it lost data in 10 - 12 April. What's happen?
[Deleted]
Hello, Any chance that a unit testing framework exists for MQL4/5? (Something along the lines of JUnit for example). I am finding with complex EAs that debugging and testing efficiently is somewhat of a challenge in MQL4. I haven't tried MQL5 yet to know if it is any better in this regard. Thank...
I'm interested to know the best practices for managingmultiple accounts and multiple versions of EA's. I've been working with the Demoaccount for years and now have become profitable and will start working with a Realaccount as well as the Demo account. Should I install two versions of MT4 --one for...