MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1545

[Deleted]
  What is swap?  (2)
Hello all I had a trade open for few days in minus, and i had swap -16,50 there, how come? Thank you
I am a newb so sorry if this is a simple question. I need to know what the relationship between equity and drawdown(absolute, relative, maximal) as it pertains to the tester chart for the EA. What does it mean when the equity is above the balance on the chart and what does it mean if it is below?...
Does the MT4 Mobile or MT4 Mobile SE support EA and customized indicator?
Hi, I wrote the attached file to calculate the number of lots. I save the file in "Include" folder, with .mq4 extension. Then I wrote #include <Lot Size.mq4> in the destination file. If i Write int start() { LotSize_Long(); LotSize_Short(); } there is no problem in the attached file, but in the...
As the title states, every time I have a chart open and right-click and then select "Indicators List" from the pop-up menu my MT4 build 215 locks up. I have un-installed & re-installed, as well as done a "repair" option, with no luck. The only way to recover is to kill the terminal.exe process from
  Bid Cross...  (4)
Hi, is there the possibility to write a condition like this? If (Bid > High[1] && prevoious Bid < High[1]) { .... } instead of an indicator that check the opened positions? Thank you! Alberto
[Deleted]
- never use scalping: if the profits in 25% of trades made by the end of the contest are detected to range within the spread, the Participant will be disqualified When trade is classified as 'range within the spread'? For example spread for EURCHF is 3 points. Trade is 'within the spread' if its...
[Deleted]
MY EA only seems to trade the currency I place it on.  I have an EA which is supposed to trade EURUSD and AUDNZD at the same time.  When I place it on the EURUSD, it only trades EURUSD.  And when I place it on the AUDNZD, it only trades the AUDNZD.  Ides???  
  FIX EA LOGICS  (8)
Hi Admin, I was told to check my logics in order to fix EA's testing time that is more than 5Min. Is it the order entry logic or the trailing stop or the exit logics to fix, pls enlight me more?? Isaac
[Deleted]
> if MarketInfo(symX) called after ArrayCopySeries(symX) will MarketInfo(symX) always return with ok value when asking for ask,bid,point,digits of symX ? or should GetLastError() be called after each MarketInfo() call ? > if iBars(symX) called after ArrayCopySeries(symX) will iBars(symX) always...
[Deleted]
hello, guys im a newbies, i try to used EAS code from online liberry but when i test it this message will come up ;there were 1 passes done during optimization,1 results have been discarded as insignificant ' pls what deos it mean and how to correct them
[Deleted]
I have some method at C# dll, so i think to call C# dll from MT4 EA, but don't know how to do it. now i do it other in another way. 1.I created C++ dll,then from this dll to call C# dll,i think it is ok,because i can get the result from a test application used the same code. 2.I call this C++dll...
[Deleted]
HI, I want to draw on my chart trendlines, just like drawing a ZIG ZAG, from peak to bottom, bottom to peak. The trendline names are automatically allocated like Trendline 3235, Trendline 4575, Trendline 4654 I want to be able to run the thru these trendline objects and name them : Trendline 1...
[Deleted]
Please help! I change my setting for my demo acct and now FOREXTRADERAUTO trader will not close my order. How do I reset and start over?
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a daily data. So time is "00:00". I have a Start date and an end date. Q: Are there any functions that will give me the 'number of bars' and 'total volume' between theses two time point ?
[Deleted]
I have a demo account. I have written a script for my system. It is perfectly generating orders (buystop and sellstop) when i execute it manually. Now i want to schedule the script to run once everyday..say at 8.03PM EST. Can anyone help by showing to to do this. I am using IBFX mt4 demo platform.
Hi! I'd like to make multiple ordersend simultaneously (one tick). Here is my code:       ticket1=OrderSend(tradepair,OP_SELL,mylot,Bid,1,Bid+sl_limit*Point,Bid-tp_limit*Point,"",1,0,Coral);      ticket2=OrderSend(tradepair,OP_SELL,mylot,Bid,1,Bid+sl_limit*Point,Bid-tp_limit*Point,"",1,0...
New article Individual Psychology of a Trader is published: A portrait of a trader's behavior on the financial market. Author's ownmenu from the book "Как играть и выигрывать на бирже" ("How tospeculate on stock exchange and win") by A. Elder. Author: Belokrylov Vladimir
I've encountered something very strange I think. I have some years of experience with metatrader, and never had this problem before. The problem is that when I apply an indicator, and it calculates the values backwards in time (history values) everything is perfect. Then, when it runs in realtime, I...
[Deleted]
I have files in Experts/files folder, where I convert csv to hst. Any chance I can loop thru them? Like this in vb Files = Dir(Path,vbnormal) do while files <> "" <RUN CODE> files = dir loop So far I havent been able to see functions like this in MT4, is this correct ?
[Deleted]
I don't have a SMTP mail account with my ISP.  I need some software that can send email from my PC so I can use MT4 to email P/L  updates to other people and my cell phone every so often.  I found a program called "Free SMTP Server" which seemed perfect, except I couldn't get it to work properly....
[Deleted]
This indicator is supposed to show the open and close of the EURUSD in absolute value over the last hour.  When it is run it just draws a flat line, which should never be the case.  Anybody know where I went wrong? //--------------------------------------------------------------------#property...
[Deleted]
I search over all the search engine, end up still couldn't found a free simple MACD+RSI EA I need a simple TP,SL,buy when crossing > 50 and > 0 MACD and sell when crossing < 50 and < 0 MACD as simple as possible, I hope can understand line by line how ppl write a simple EA with combination of 2
[Deleted]
Hi, I need someone to program a simple expert advisor based on Parabolic SAR and for it to alert me in changes in the direction of trend of the Parabolic SAR. Let me know if you can do it and I don't mind compensating for your work. Please contact me via email and I can run you over the exact rules....
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a progam that converts stock daily data csv to .hst. It works fine thanks. The source (csv) file and the destination (hst) file are both in the experts/files folder. Then I have to manually copy the .hst file to the history folder every time to create an offline chart. is there any way I...
Has anyone got a script that can call an indicator from a different folder other than the original folder where the indicators are located. The thing is i want to call it from another folder located on my computer. Thanks
HI I have a stradegy I just created, and I wonder if someone can make it trade but what can mt4 pull price from? Is making a custom indicator from from crossing Moving Averages hard or is it possible?  I just would like to know what MT4 CAN do. anyone have any idea where to start learning how to...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been on Meta for about 2 months, my practice accounts kept going to 0.00 within days. I've tried some different combonations with the volumes .10 to 1 and finally found one that works. I am trading 6 different currencies at a time. On Monday of last week I started a new 5000.00 practice...
Has anyone ever successfully send alert emails to google? If so what do you have as port number in your email options? Ed
Hi everybody, is there a predefined way to check if an expert is trading on a Symbol(), or if a position is actually open on a Symbol(). Actually I’m using an int variable to check this, but I’d like to know if there is a specific function such as “On Market” for Tradestation. Thank you!