Build 215 locks up when right-click chart and select "Indicators List"

As the title states, every time I have a chart open and right-click and then select "Indicators List" from the pop-up menu my MT4 build 215 locks up. I have un-installed & re-installed, as well as done a "repair" option, with no luck. The only way to recover is to kill the terminal.exe process from task manager.

This occurs every single time I try. I am using Windows XP, fully patched, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this may be happening and how to resolve it?

PocoDiablo wrote >>

As the title states, every time I have a chart open and right-click and then select "Indicators List" from the pop-up menu my MT4 build 215 locks up. I have un-installed & re-installed, as well as done a "repair" option, with no luck. The only way to recover is to kill the terminal.exe process from task manager.

This occurs every single time I try. I am using Windows XP, fully patched, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this may be happening and how to resolve it?

Say Poco

Did you ever find a fix for this?

I am having the same problem.

I suspect file terminal.ini is corrupted. Remove it from \config folder. Start client terminal and adjust its windows and toolbars.

stringo:

I suspect file terminal.ini is corrupted. Remove it from \config folder. Start client terminal and adjust its windows and toolbars.

I'm on Build 218 and get this problem frequently. Esc releases the screen again. It seems the Indicator List is there but is not visible.

If I use my 22 in screen plugged into my laptop and then unplug it and go back to the laptop's 15in screen the problem always occurs.

Very annoying. Ideas??

Deckchair:

I'm on Build 218 and get this problem frequently. Esc releases the screen again. It seems the Indicator List is there but is not visible.

If I use my 22 in screen plugged into my laptop and then unplug it and go back to the laptop's 15in screen the problem always occurs.

Very annoying. Ideas??

Replying to myself is pretty sad but I just got a workaround:

Delete Terminal.ini.

Run MetaEditor directly from the MT4 program file folder.

Select Terminal from within MetaEditor.

Select a chart window, right click and voila "Indicators" are working again.

Close everything and run MT4 as usual.

Two points: 1 you've lost your customised toolbars (small problem), 2 if you go straight into MetaTrader after deleting Terminal.ini it doesn't seem to work.

Hope this helps someone.

Reason: