MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1055

Hello forum, I am looking into creating this static variable containing the type of last order just closed (returning OP_BUY, OP_SELL, etc), I am calling it, say, LastOrderTYPE - for further use as a condition for next opening. market is closed for "trial and error", so I am kindly asking: what...
[Deleted]
I need to authenticate a MetaTrader 4 user against an external user database using session token or similar means. For this I am currently looking into making data persistent between multiple calls and instances of a MQL4 plugin. Now my questions are: Are static variables the best solution for...
  Bar Patterns  (8)
Has anyone played with bar relationship patterns with the H4 time frame? Has anyone written any code to find the optimum patterns? I would like to compare my results with people that have dabbled.
  Hi can you code me an EA?  (13   1 2)
Hi there i have a simple strategy but i want to back test it all you need is eur/usd chart m15 tiemframe Fractals as indicator So i want the EA to put a pending order (sell stop/buy stop) above and below the last 2 fractals one on the top one on the bottom of the chart, make SL TP 10-10 and make a...
I am looking for a Chart Line Trading EA that will enter trades as buy/ sell order/limits with Stop Loss and Take Profit up to 3 levels? Is there such a product?
[Deleted]
Hi, I googled and searched this forum, but was not able to solve my problem. I know, that error 130 occours if stop losses or take profits are set false. But I am pretty sure, that that's not my problem ;). Maybe someone had the same problem... I have a demo account at TradingPoint. They state, that...
Hello, I am starting newly in mql4. Trying to pick black and white hammers in candlesticks with the following indicator. However, in the chart sometimes candlesticks get wrong identification text (white hammer candle is identified as black hammer candle and vice versa). Please help me with this...
Hi friends, can you help me to modifiy this code with ilowest or ihighest instead of Mathmin or Mathmax. #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Red#property indicator_color2 Blueextern int MA_Shift=0;extern int MA_Shift1=0;double L2[];double...
Some people here gives their ea. How to put them on MT4? thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have been read a lot comparing problem on double value with double value, I still having problem on comparing the 2 double value. I tested NormalizeDouble and it don't work on my case. I tested the print out of number1-number2 and the answer is 0 but the compare just don't work...
Hello, Today is 03/05/2012 and downloading the history from the MetaQuotes server (using the Tools/History/Download menu) gives me the very last file for USDCHF as: USDCHF_2012_01_3a3be44c55e2e9a1bfe5f7187980a8d1.dat I did the same in the beginning of Febr. this year. That time I could download the...
How can I specify a trailing stop (TS) for a trade in vHands manual testing visualization? I can add & modify a stop-loss as per explanation given in the article but not a TS. Furthermore I do not find a field for TS in the vTerminal indicator window. Could somebody please explain. Thanks.
When trying to copy some code with right button or Ctrl-C from Meta Editor it crashes. On Windows XP 32 bit there is no such problem. Can you fix it. It is for 6 months or more this bug, isn't enough people to check for bugs, or all efforts are on this s.... version MT5
  Please help  (11   1 2)
I am new to programming and got stuck with this error message saying unbalanced left parenthesis at the end. I checked and couldn't find where a parenthesis is left out. Please could somebody help me out! Many thanks for your time....
Hey all, I used to use historical data from Dukas which is converted by scripts to MT4. During the last time I have downloaded and converted data , the minimum lot size has been defined has 3.0 lots. I do not have idea the reason of this value. As I said, this is not my first time using the same
HI, Attached is my EA backtest result. I built my history data from dukascopy data and it shows 99% quality. I have delveloped this EA myself with complex money,lot management techniques and also i used only pure mathematical decisions. (no indicators used) The results I see is too good to be true
[Deleted]
Hi there - I am not a programmer but I am trying to manipulate a piece of code from an mq4 file which affects the graph lines of an indicator. Two things I'm trying to do: 1) Set some graph lines to the colour "None" within the code rather than for me to keep setting it within the indicator...
Is it possible to find which order has been selected elsewhere? I'm inside the typical OrderSelect loop, then call a function which also runs through such a loop, and when returning I've lost track of the order that was selected in the 1st loop. I could obviously store the ordernumber and restore it...
I have wanted tostop my indicator auto-scaling on the M1 time-scale as the result is more difficultto read. The ... #property indicator_maximum 5.0 is no good as itjust scales the top of the window to that fixed value rather than using it as aminimum limit of the top of the window (which is what I...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, Can you help me how to create new open buy position everytime price go down at certain pips, with previous position are still open(multiple open buy). I've tried using MA but it's not effective, not what i expected, since it's not covering all when price go down deep.
If price movement follows a random walk, ( and this forum would be empty if everyone thinks it is ), how many Pips would a trader need to capture/lose in-order to have the same odds as roulette? In this case we'll assume the European wheel with 36 numbers and a single 0. The wager is the Even Money
Hi, since a few days (the last update) I have noticed a problem with my Expert: OrderSend function 0 and no position is opened. There is no error returned but no ticket is created. Here is my code: RefreshRates();         if (pOrderType==OP_BUY)         {            result=OrderSend(pSymbol,...
  Newbie questions  (3)
Hi all, I have returned to meta trader after looking at it some time back, at the time I just could not get my head around it. if anyone can anser these hopefully simple questions it would give me a really good head start. 1) which Is best MT4 or 5 for trader mainly doing FTSE 100 + SPX pair...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am using the ATR indicator on the EURUSD day chart. I've set the period to 30 days. According to MetaTrader the value of the ATR was 0.0104 on 2-29-2012. According to other charts (ProRealTime and Netdania) it was 0.0132! Are there any known issues with the ATR indicator? Or are the other...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, thats my first post at this board and any help would be appreciated. MQL often tried to drive me insane (most times my fault), but THIS one is just ridiculous: 20:47:32 2011.10.20 03:15 Marker EURUSD,M15: Stab1Differenz * Stab2Differenz < 0 0.0005 -0.0012 -0 Code looks like...
[Deleted]
  mq4 compile  (1)
hello, i have windows 7 & have not added any mt4 indicators with this operating system.. Metaeditor will not compile indicators or ea's on 2 accounts. Runs ex4 files fine..What could be the solution?
[Deleted]
I need some guidance on using the strategy test with Renko bars. I've used the RenkoLiveChart_v3.2 EA to create a Renko bar chart but it seems that it is designed for live trading only. If I try to generate a hst file for use in the strategy tester I get "unmatched data" errors. Has anybody tested...
[Deleted]
MT4 & FXCM make a GOOD pair of THIEVES! FXCM & FXDD have a CLASS ACTION law suit on their DIRTY/FILTHY hasnds! MT4 is a product of the BIGGEST internet THIEVES, ---Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I closed my FXCM account after I noticed many MYSTERIOUS actions on MY account!!!!!!!! BEWARE MT4...