General - page 1413

The fifth week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 is over and we can sum up the first results. The gap between the current leader JPAlonso and SAFF (Russia) occupying the tenth place has increased again comprising $60 000. We cannot say if it is possible to reduce that gap yet. However, we...
Hi all, 2D/3D visualization in MT5 is simply genius . But of course, as always, when a baby gets a toy, it wants more! :) 1) besides maxbalance as a z coordinate (3D), i would like to visualize it with other results, e.g. balance drawdawn relative (%) 2) I'd love to check the older results by
There are many people who are afraid of loosing money in forex Im one of them. There are times i close my trade even if its the market would still go one in the direction that i predicted mainly because Im afraid it will re-bounce back and would loose money if i did not close it. Even if it is not...
I'm very new to programming indicators and was wondering is it possible to show the last three bars direction (as displayed on the chart) on close. Or failing that, the last bars current direction (above or below open) and the two bars close before that? e.g. USDCHF last three bars closed bearish so...
We are happy to announce that MetaQuotes Software Corp. has won in Best Forex Software Developers nomination of Forex Expo Awards. The award ceremony was held today at 18:00 (Moscow time) as a part of Forex Expo 2012 exhibition in Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel, Moscow. Forex Expo Awards...
Dear Traders, I want to as which forex MT4 or MT5 EA do you think is the best and it is more profitable. A proof to your answer would be of more great help to anybody who come across this topic
Any Idea which is this system,
Which are the Best Money Making Automated EA(s)
Hi everyone, I have an ea and it directly reads from an indicator buffer, It was working perfectly, bu somehow now ea reads indicator value as 0..I thought it used too much memory and simplified the code but still returns 0 value.. What may be the problem?I am new to this forum and expect assistance...
The fourth week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 is over and it is time to examine its results in details. EURUSD is losing profit, while USDJPY is gaining momentum. What else has happened this week? Let's have a look! Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals,...
Hi, did anybody manage to use the winapi for file handling? On same computer, win7/64, it works in MT4, but not on MT5.
[Deleted]
Some time back I produced some video tutorials as an introduction to Price Action Trading. How price moves part 1: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.youtube.com/embed/idw82j35m94 How price moves part 2: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.youtube.com/embed/-FrBuZXrzwU Trendy Lines: https...
  MT4 Money Manager  (10)
Hi, We developed a totally free (mt4) money management script, which calculates the risk, the stop loss value and adjusts the position size automatically for each trade. Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thank you. The link: www.mt4trademanager.com.au/moneymanager Again: it is NOT for...
I am having hard time using IndicatorAdd, It does not even being recognized by the complier. IndicatorAdd Adds an indicator with the specified handle into a specified chart window. bool IndicatorAdd( int sub_win // number of the sub-window int handle // handle of...
Hi, I've saved a new EA to the program files/experts/advisors folder but when I start up MT5 my EA is not displayed? I have saved both the mql5 and ex5 files but neither show up. Any thoughts? Thank you.
"Algorithmic trading should become popular" - that is the motto of MetaTrader 5 trading platform development. We have applied our best efforts to make trading robots available to the widest possible range of traders. Modern MQL5 development environment allows users to develop Expert Advisors and...
Hello, I want to follow some of the free signals however, where I must type my broker, TradeFort, is not recognized. Is this normal? Do I have to change brokers now?
  The Fear Factor  (15   1 2)
Market knowledge and ability to understand analysis will only get you so far in forex trading , but without the nerve to actively compete risking your own money in the process you can never become a successful trader. Wagering huge volumes of money in a market as susceptible to change is liable to
Hi How can I close some of volume(lot) a position? Equivalent OrderClose(OrderTicket(),0.01,Ask,3,Violet) in mql4.
Today we talk to Anton Nel (ROMAN5) from South Africa, a professional developer of automated trading systems. Obviously, his Expert Advisor just could not go unnoticed. Breaking into the top ten from the very start of the Championship, it has been holding the first place for more than a week....
Hi Traders, I need an EA which can do the following: Close one part of the current running trade after 10 pips, the second part after 20 pips and the third (and last) part after 30 pips. Maybe it is also possible to move the SL to breakeven after closing the second part. Maybe there is an EA like...
well i think forex is a good business program. but in the initial stage for forex we need to invest good money. and i think its impossible for the students to invest in forex. as students have greater power to understand new things and have a good analytical knowledge due to their learning phase...
  Profiles  (5)
Hello I am trying to save a profile in MT5. I have gone through the procedure and it is saved and can be seen on the platform under "file" - "profiles" But when I go into "my computer" - "programs" etc it cant be seen in the "profiles" - " charts" folder. I want to uninstll MT5 and save all my...
It's the second time Matúš German participates in the Automated Trading Championship. By the end of the fourth week of ATC 2012 his Expert Advisor has been holding its positions in the TOP-10 having about $30 000. Matúš is from Slovakia, from the little town Bardejov. "I came to trading when I was...
I prepared the following simple code:int OnInit() { MqlTradeRequest request; request.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL; request.symbol = Symbol(); request.volume = 0.01; request.type = ORDER_TYPE_BUY; request.type_filling = ORDER_FILLING_AON;   MqlTradeResult result;...
I got this indicator 3weeks back, I mainly use it for binary options and it has been so wonderful..............I rarely lose trade with this indicator and even when i lose trades, it will be during the cold market hours..........This is the best forex indicator ive ever seen.............Im a binary...
  Popular Currency Pair  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
What is the most popular currency pair in forex trading?
Will MT5 feature detachable charts? For us folks with multiple monitors it would be nice if we could drag charts to another monitor rather than opening multiple instances of the client. This was always my biggest hang up with mt4. I'm assuming there is a reason for it but it would be nice !
Hi all, when i am doing a genetic based forward testing with balance max criteria, in the the optimization results tab, i get columns: Forward -> Final Balance in forward test Backtest -> Final Balance in backward test Profit -> Profit in forward test However, if i repeat the test with custom...
I already posted this question in the discussion section of an article about backtesting (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/2309), but no one has responded so I'll post it here. Is there a way to access the functionality of metatrader's genetic optimizer in code without having to manually run the...