Metatrader API & Metatrader Linux

I have recently encountered a problem. I have Gentoo Linux as my operating system, for a variety of reasons. I also wrote an Expert Advisor under Unix recently. It may be possible to write such an EA in MQL5, but it is simply impossible to implement such a code in MQL4.

Considering all of the above, questions arise to the developers of MT5. Why not to create an API, why not to create a terminal for Linux? Of course, all this can be avoided, for example, writing quotes into the file and reading from it, but it all takes time, especially if there is a need to get a quote for a lot of pairs! Also hand trading is a thing of the past. No one is asking for open source Metatrader for Linux or Windows or MAC, it is unnecessary , you just need access to quotes and account operations from a cross platform environment. This has already been implemented in many brokerage companies, and I think there is no point in enumerating them. I would like to get comments from the developers on the above issues.And also comments from users, whether they need it or not.

The incoherent text of a man who does not understand what he is asking for.

FinancialShark:

I have recently encountered a problem. I have Gentoo Linux as my operating system, for a variety of reasons. I also wrote an Expert Advisor under Unix recently. It may be possible to write such an EA in MQL5, but it is simply impossible to implement such a code in MQL4.

Comparing all the above, I have questions to MT5 developers. Why not make an API, why not make a terminal for Linux? Of course, all this can be avoided, for example, writing quotes into a file and reading from it, but it all takes time, especially if there is a lot of pairs to get quotes! Also hand trading is a thing of the past. No one is asking for open source Metatrader for Linux or Windows or MAC, it is unnecessary , you just need access to quotes and account operations from a cross platform environment. This has already been implemented in many brokerage companies, and I think there is no point in enumerating them. I would like to get comments from the developers on the above issues.And also comments from users, whether they need it or not.

Why else would I need a terminal for Linux? At home, at home, at work - Windows is everywhere. What would be the use of the terminal under Linux?

If I need to trade without the main computer - the obvious solution is a Windows laptop or tablet.

barabashkakvn:

Why do I need a Linux terminal as well? At home, at home, at work - Windows everywhere. What would be the use of a terminal on Linux?

If I need to trade without my main computer, the obvious solution is a Windows laptop or tablet.

You are obviously a very experienced user as well as a programmer(Windows, Windows Windows).

Try to install Linux and configure it to your liking and you will no longer want to work in Windows. This is especially true for the speed and volume of the tasks you do.

Don't be upset by the harsh comments, maybe it's just envy, because you have a secure EA under Unix and they only have MQL4 and MQL5 under the terminal, but intuitively it is clear that EAs in Metatrader, much closer and more accessible to DC services.

revers45:
Don't get upset with the harsh comments, maybe it's just envy, because you have a reliably protected EA under Unix, while they only have MQL4 and MQL5 for terminal, but intuitively it is clear that EAs in Metatrader are much closer and more accessible for DC services.
You are right, Windows security system is not even close to Linux. And speaking of Expert Advisors in MQL4-5, there is nothing to talk about. But we are talking about the possibility to manage the account cross-platform. i.e. it does not matter what OS you have, as long as you can trade and control the account!

TheXpert:
The incoherent typing of a man who does not understand what he is asking for.
If you do not understand the meaning of the text, then it is as far as you can perceive it!

barabashkakvn:

Why do I need a Linux terminal as well? At home, at home, at work - Windows everywhere. What would be the use of a terminal on Linux?

If I need to trade without my main computer, the obvious solution is a Windows laptop or tablet.

If only because Linux VPS is cheaper to rent.

He is talking about autotrading trend and trading autotrading with VPS is more reliable.

I suggested some time ago to make a light terminal specifically for running EAs, without any manual gizmos, it could be used for cross platform trading.

FinancialShark:
Yes, you are right, Windows security system is not even close to Linux. And there is nothing to talk about in MQL4-5. But we want to be able to manage the account cross-platform, i.e., it does not matter what OS you have, as long as you can trade and control the account!
And you have reliable information about the poor security of MQL4-5 EAs.

What's wrong with Wine?

Urain:

At least because VPS for Linux is cheaper to rent.

I've seen VPS with Windovs for $8-10 per month, VPS with Linux is cheaper.

Reason: