MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 5

official comment on ex5 file protection and partial discussionhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/120169/page73

СПАМ, СПАМЕРЫ и их ПОСОБНИКИ... - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
СПАМ, СПАМЕРЫ и их ПОСОБНИКИ... - MQL4 форум

Renat:

But at the same time we will allow to run protected EAs in the tester (tester agent), so that users could independently check the EA's performance in the tester and not buy a pig in a poke.

Workaround: A workaround expert is written, which freely runs the protected expert in the tester. Then copies extreme trade orders from the tester.

In case a protected Expert Advisor uses analysis of extreme trades, the Expert Advisor will copy extreme trades from a real account into the tester(it is not difficult).

hrenfx:

Traversal: A traversal EA is written, which freely runs the protected EA in the tester. Then it copies the extreme trade orders from the tester.

In case the protected Expert Advisor uses analysis of extreme trades, the bypasser copies the extreme trades from the real account into the tester(it is not difficult).

For protected Expert Advisors the last 24 hours can be made non-testable.

Workaround2: The purchased Expert Advisor is run on the account. On another hardware, this account is opened in investment mode and trades are copied from it.
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
С запуском сервиса "Работа" MQL5.community становится идеальным местом для размещения заказов и оказания услуг программирования. Тысячи трейдеров и разработчиков ежедневно посещают этот ресурс и с легкостью могут помочь друг другу. Для трейдера сервис "Работа" - это легкая возможность получить свой собственный эксперт. Для MQL5-разработчика это возможность легко найти новых клиентов. В данной статье мы рассмотрим возможности этого сервиса.

hrenfx:
Bypass2: A purchased Expert Advisor is run on the account. This account is opened in investment mode on another hardware and trades are copied from it.

In my opinion, the most workable way, but it will take a very long time, and not everyone will be able to properly analyse such trades...

I don't think experts should be considered the only object of protection.

I personally am impressed by the ability to protect the indicator.

And an expert for sale is nonsense...

;)

I don't think experts should be considered the only object of protection.

I personally am impressed by the ability to protect the indicator.

And an Expert Advisor on sale is nonsense...

;)

Agreed.

But I think the protection will work for any type of custom programs for MT5, for indicators and scripts too.

If you have a working Expert Advisor that brings profit, why sell it? It is better to put it on a PAMM account. And the potential investor will not buy a pig in a poke, when the developer runs it on historical data, optimizes parameters and sells it. At present the developer, for whom I write EAs, does exactly the same. He creates a PAMM account, creates a thread on the forum, publishes the result of the run on the history, and then the Expert Advisor starts to trade and everything becomes clear after three months.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

One of our objectives is to raise the quality of experts.

When you test an Expert Advisor yourself, you can drive it aggressively and see how it reacts in different markets. At the moment, my personal assessment of the quality of public EAs is below the plinth.

We will add some more testing modes for experts to uncover their mistakes and outright deception.

Renat:
One of our objectives is to raise the quality of experts. When you test the Expert Advisor yourself, you can run it in aggressive modes and see its reactions on different markets. At the moment my personal evaluation of the quality of public EAs is below the red line. We will add some more testing modes of Expert Advisors to detect their errors and blatant cheating.

I don't want to sound nerdy, but my opinion is that without API and tick history it will be difficult to do. It is clear that you can use "someone else's" tick history, and from the moment the Expert Advisor is launched, you can use your own.

But this has nothing to do with the subject of intellectual property protection.

I personally am not quite "happy" with the "protection" mechanism :)

After all, almost "bare code" I have to send you.

Further, to develop your shop...

And why? why not do at the stage of compilation an instance of the program (the Expert Advisor - let it be your way, or my index) using the developer key purchased from you with the customer key - because all the information about the customer is complete there (his account number and liquidity provider).

As would have been suggested at the beginning.

But then the keys disappeared.

;)

Reason: