MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 3

Well, let's hope it makes it really difficult to decompile!

And this is a topic for those who want to sell advisers. New contrived scams for investors and ordinary people.

Why sell a profitable EA? Who will buy it?

You can sell it as a DU, which means you can take a specific percentage using your robot.

MT4 is good because it has a lot of open crap in the form of indicators and Expert Advisors.

In MT5 this stuff can be made even more user friendly. I wouldn't want to overpay for it.

vasya_vasya :

And this is a topic for those who want to sell advisers. New contrived scams for investors and ordinary people.

Why sell a profitable EA? Who will buy it?

You can sell it as a DU, which means you can take a specific percentage using your robot.

MT4 is good because it has a lot of open crap in the form of indicators and Expert Advisors.

In MT5 this stuff can be made even more user friendly. I wouldn't want to overpay for it.

It really makes no senseto sell profitableExpert Advisors. But all kinds of tools that make a trader's life easier can be sold and it makes sense to buy them.

"Selling advisers..." - for those who do not know how to use MT for its intended purpose - trading.

"But all sorts of tools to make life easier for the trader..." should be standard in the terminal.

Renat:

...there will be deep code littering and ...which drastically reduces the possibility of reverse decompilation.

Given the increased capabilities of the platform and
and the programming language to it, you can confidently
that I'm not going to get a Trojan horse or anything
Or is it better to see the code?

vicondi писал(а) :

"Selling advisers..." - for those who do not know how to use MT for its intended purpose - trading.

"But all sorts of tools to make life easier for the trader..." should be standard in the terminal.

"All kinds of tools that simplify a trader's life" - they are different for everyone. If everything is put into the terminal, it will become a clumsy monster.

If MQ is really interested in the protection against unlicensed use of experts, I personally would be happy to help MQ as an expert in this matter.

So far, what is offered above is not serious in my opinion.

With enough disassembling skill, time required to remove the protection is measured in MINUTES, in tens of minutes.

As an expert on the subject, I can tell you that it is IMPORTANT to understand that installing protection STIMULATES the development of hacking. That is, by installing protection, you give work (indirectly through the emergence of customers) for "hackers". That is, the more protected experts there will be, the more demand and offers of hacking.

With the existing computer concept the creation of protection is not possible. For example XBOX by MS, there is a special super chip inside it and for cracking it the technology is already worked out. It uses well known techniques, namely with acid, electron microscope and micro electrodes.

BUT! In your software usage scheme, creation of an unbreakable security is possible in principle, and in particular, it may be on several levels - from primitive for ekempts of little interest to commercial for serious developments. In the latter case, the protection might be worth a monthly fee to the owner of the Expert Advisor to maintain it. That is, the expert owner pays money to MQ to make his code work only for legal buyers of his EA.

In a word, either do the right thing, or do not let hackers make money. :)

SProgrammer:

With enough disassembly skill, the time required to remove the protection is measured in MINUTES, in tens of minutes.

What the hell is disassembling when crypto-mechanisms

there have been crypto-mechanisms with certification

on the server, like what webmoney uses.

Introduce cryptocurrency mechanism. And then it's up to the author

decides whether to give the customer the code or not.

Transmits the code, gets one money,

Bare EXE others and buys/receives a key.

Without the key you can't start, and if you pass the key,

then the legal mechanisms come into play.

The version number, like a wallet number has a name and surname.

Seems easier to me. I could be wrong, though.

troot:

What the hell is disassembling

Agreed! ... :) I got a little excited... :) I don't even know myself. There's no time at all, but you're still there!

A serious protection method requires a good monetary investment in its implementation. Now let's think whether MetaQuotes needs such a hassle, intended only for the commercial implementation of MQL5 solutions. What's the advantage for the company itself? It would be better if they focused on the speed and functionality expansion, rather than bothering to search for effective tools to protect executable files.

How many open versions of FapTurbo, for example, roam the net, but nevertheless this does not prevent the creators from making money on the daily increasing sales of their Expert Advisors. And the crucial factor here is the customer support and timely adjustment of settings to the constantly changing market.

And you know that for every action there is a counteraction. Sooner or later, the folk craftsmen will break any defence if they have to.

Reason: