Advice before freelance post.

Hello guys,

I am thinking of posting a job for a developer, but I don't know if it's programmable, or technically possible. Functionally speaking, I want to attach the indicator\EA to a chart, and regardless of what, or how many indicators there are on the chart, I want to save their output to a CSV. Is that possible? I know it's possible if you know each indicator and it's variables beforehand, or have access to their code, but is it possible in a generic case? I.e can we access a generic pipe or socket that the data passes through, so we can save the data before or after it's plotted or displayed.

So the EA would scan for what indicators are attached, and save the variables to file? Impossible?

Any help welcome, and thank you very much for your time.

No code required. Just save a template and process off-line.

It is certainly possible to find out the number of indicators attached to a chart, as well as names and parameters thereof.

There's even an example in the documentation.

Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorParameters
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorParameters
  • www.mql5.com
IndicatorParameters - Timeseries and Indicators Access - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Haruto Rat #:

It is certainly possible to find out the number of indicators attached to a chart, as well as names and parameters thereof.

There's even an example in the documentation.

I think it might be possible then, thank you very much for your time Haruto, much appreciated. Good luck.

William Roeder #:
No code required. Just save a template and process off-line.
No luck, need access to live signals/buffers to process in another language (in real time). Think I could get access to chart objects list easy enough and try to wrangle something from there, but it would be a treat to get the data. Thanks for input, good luck.
Reason: