MT5 live trading

Hi all, could anyone comment on when the platform will be able to be used with a live account, currently Alpari let you demo but not live, Rob

Without having to create another Topic, is there any way you can link the buy/sell signals produced from MT5 to the MT4 platform ?

rob:
Without having to create another Topic, is there any way you can link the buy/sell signals produced from MT5 to the MT4 platform ?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/189

How to Copy Trading from MetaTrader 5 to MetaTrader 4
  • Nikolay Demko
  • www.mql5.com
Is it possible to trade on a real MetaTrader 5 account today? How to organize such trading? The article contains the theory of these questions and the working codes used for copying trades from the MetaTrader 5 terminal to MetaTrader 4. The article will be useful both for the developers of Expert Advisors and for practicing traders.

Hi,

Today, I have talked to FDXX, and they said having no defined date to support MT5, maybe September ...

:(

investeo Thank you for the pointer, completed all in the article but in the mt4 (copy positions) i get an error when compiling, would love to know how this can be fixed, Rob

rob:
investeo Thank you for the pointer, completed all in the article but in the mt4 (copy positions) i get an error when compiling, would love to know how this can be fixed, Rob

hi Rob, 

it works fine for me - paste here the error and i'll try to help 

"arraylnitialize function internal error" "error opening file 4103"  hope this helps, done eveything in the instructions, even down to the Russion version and still the same, thanks Rob
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileOpen
  • www.mql5.com
File Functions / FileOpen - Documentation on MQL5

Sorry investio, this is the error in the "experts" portion of the platform, the actual error on compile is

'cmd' - comparison expression expected    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK\MQL5\experts\scripts\copy.mq4 (120, 46)

below is the lines flagged up

double price_open(string symbol,int cmd) {if(cmd%2)return(bid(symbol));else return(nd(symbol,ask(symbol)));}
//--- close price

double price_close(string symbol,int cmd){if(cmd%2)return(ask(symbol));else return(nd(symbol,bid(symbol

thank you Rob

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5

rob:

Sorry investio, this is the error in the "experts" portion of the platform, the actual error on compile is

'cmd' - comparison expression expected    C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK\MQL5\experts\scripts\copy.mq4 (120, 46)

below is the lines flagged up

double price_open(string symbol,int cmd) {if(cmd%2)return(bid(symbol));else return(nd(symbol,ask(symbol)));}
//--- close price

double price_close(string symbol,int cmd){if(cmd%2)return(ask(symbol));else return(nd(symbol,bid(symbol

thank you Rob

Make sure you try to compile files in the correct platform: 

translator_positions.mq5 (8.59 KB)

Should be compiled by MetaTrader 5

copyist_positions.mq4 (26.42 KB) 

Should be compiled by MetaTrader 4

Investio, compiling in the right editor, however it seems the problem is with the copyist code in mt4, this is where the "warnings" are coming from

the translator is fine in mt5,

just downloade the copyist_positions.mq4 again and on compile i get the same 2 warnings

Rob

rob:

Investio, compiling in the right editor, however it seems the problem is with the copyist code in mt4, this is where the "warnings" are coming from

the translator is fine in mt5,

just downloade the copyist_positions.mq4 again and on compile i get the same 2 warnings

Rob

I think you did not place MT4 inside MT5 Files directory:

2.1. Binding to pass signals between MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4

The first variant is transmitting signals through a shared file. The question is: Wouldn't the frequent recording to the file harm the hardware? If you write new data only when a position has changed, then such records will not be very frequent. No more frequent than Windows developers make changes to the paging file. This, in turn, is a proven procedure that does not harm the hardware. Writing to a shared file is an acceptable implementation for not very frequent requests. This is another limitation for scalping strategies, although less significant than the previous limit. 

Foe the binding, you may use the MetaTrader 5 feature of writing subdirectories to any depth. I have not checked that "any", but up to 10 subdirectories are written, that's for sure. And we don't need more. You can certainly use a DLL to provide access, but not to use the DLL, if the issue can be solved without them, is my principle position. To resolve this issue without DLL, simply install MetaTrader 4 to the directory \Files\ of the MetaTrader 5 terminal (see Working with files).

Thus, the path to the shared file will look like the following:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\files\xxx      //where xxx is the name of the shared file.

With this location, the file will be available both in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, the possibility of file sharing is provided by the functions of MQL5.

Reason: