MQL5 Agents need constant restarting

Hi MQL5, 

I run the MetaTrader app to sell compute resources, but the agents are starting to get annoying. 

The agents have a memory leak and will slurp down all of my server's RAM/Memory until I restart them. 

They will get stuck in limbo and will not process anything new until I restart them. 

How do we get this fixed?

chattphotos:

Hi MQL5, 

I run the MetaTrader app to sell compute resources, but the agents are starting to get annoying. 

The agents have a memory leak and will slurp down all of my server's RAM/Memory until I restart them. 

They will get stuck in limbo and will not process anything new until I restart them. 

How do we get this fixed?

What are the specs of your computer????

There are some limitation about it - you can check this summary - All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud 

For example - 

• Tester agents/Remote agents/MQL5 Cloud Network agents‌/MetaTester 5 Agents Manager are no longer available for use in the 32-bit terminals: they can work only in the 64-bit systems: read more here 
  • Prohibition for using testing agents working on virtual OS in MQL5.Cloud - read more here

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTester Agents won't start to work

Marco vd Heijden, 2017.09.18 21:32

Price Calculation

This section describes the formula of price calculation for providing and using the agents of the MQL5 Cloud Network.

All the financial operations connected with the MQL5 Cloud Network are performed through the internal payment system of MQL5.community. You can view all the financial operations on the MQl5.community website in the profile of the user account used for working in the MQL5 Cloud Network.

Tester agent productivity and the time it spent for a task execution are taken into account when calculating payment amounts. Each tester agent has its productivity index - PR. The higher the CPU productivity, the higher this index and the more calculations an agent can perform per unit time.

Calculation of funds for executed calculations is arranged as follows. Payment for a tester agent having PR=100 is 0.02 USD per hour. One work unit is equal to one quantum that is equivalent to the work of an agent having PR=1 in 1 ms (1 millisecond). Therefore, the cost of one quantum is calculated as follows:

QuantPrice=0.02 USD/(100PR*3,600,000ms)=5.55556E-11 USD

The table below shows the calculations for the work of a single-core agent having PR=100 within 1 hour and 1 month.

Time range

QuantPrice, USD/(PR*ms)

Agent PR

Time, ms

Amount, USD

1 hour

5.55556E-11

1 month

5.55556E-11

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/mql5cloud_calculation

Myql agent manager

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.18 05:47

For example - about the limitations:

• Tester agents/Remote agents/MQL5 Cloud Network agents‌/MetaTester 5 Agents Manager are no longer available for use in the 32-bit terminals: they can work only in the 64-bit systems: read more here 
  • Prohibition for using testing agents working on virtual OS in MQL5.Cloud - read more here

and the last suggestion - 

Myql agent manager

Alain Verleyen, 2017.09.18 19:27

Uncheck the "Active last day" on your mql5.com profile "Agents".

Smith Stuggatt:

What are the specs of your computer??

The computers I have available:

i5-4570T @ 2.90GHz - 8gb RAM
i5-3470T @ 2.90GHz - 8gb RAM
Xeon L5640 @ 2.27GHz, 36GB RAM

Yes, all of them are running x64 Windows Server 2012R2 and are experiencing the same problems. 

Sergey Golubev:

There are some limitation about it - you can check this summary - All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud 

For example - 

I'm running x64 Windows Server and not virtual. 

I have the same issue, what is the solution?

vmajor:

I have the same issue, what is the solution?

Some announcements from MQ -

Metatester 5 agent manager strategy tester does not see processor threads.

Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.11.27 06:12

Due to the apparent lack of memory with an excessive number of agents and a decrease in the speed of calculations on hyper-threading cores, we decided to limit ourselves to only physical cores when working in cloud.

Now in Cloud they drive very expensive tasks, and the vast majority of Cloud participants have a banal lack of memory with many agents. For example, 2 GB per agent and 16 agents already require at least 32 GB of memory, although usually 8-16 GB are available.

As a result, many passes fail, wasting the network and agents. But most importantly, they are slowing down the calculation due to expectations of results and restarting tasks.

We have long been evaluating the approximate resource sufficiency of agents before issuing tasks to them, and one of the most effective is to work only on physical cores in cloud.

Locally, you can use all the cores as you can easily control their shutdown.

Metatester 5 agent manager strategy tester does not see processor threads.

Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.11.27 07:18

After the release, we undertake a radical restructuring of the resource management of the tester and its agents.

This primarily affects the effectiveness of local agents.

Reason: