RAS ID: 33254 | FxGliderV4

FxGliderV4 is a manual trading strategy I've developed that would have a decent ROI with as low as possible DD on your account. I trade maybe once or twice per day and some days I do not trade at all if I'm not comfortable with trading conditions. I like to get in and out of a trade within an hour or two and take 10 to 20 pips per trade if I can. I determine the overall trend by looking at multiple time frames and try to trade with the trend with the occasional counter trend entries. Always trade with a SL of 20 - 30 pips.

Max lot size I use is 1.0 lots with a $10,000 account. Min lot size would be 0.1 lots. I suggest you use 0.1 lots with $10,000 first - this should give you very very low DD. As my account balance increase I will increase my lot size ie: $11,000 = 1.1 lots and $12,000 = 1.2 lots, etc... I will always post update before I increase the lot size.

FxGliderV4 is now active!

RAS ID 33254 | FxGliderV4

UPDATE 17 JANUARY 2011

The goal of my strategy is low dd with long term profits in mind. That is why you'll see my stats only show + - 6% growth for current month. My goal is about 10%.

Week 1

Daily: 1.37%

Monthly: 33.96%

Drawdown: 1.93%

FxGliderV4

Past results

Hi.

Do you have any older account statement to show here trading this manual system of yours?

Thanks,

ZioB

ZioBoje:
Hi.

Do you have any older account statement to show here trading this manual system of yours?

Thanks,

ZioB

Unfortunately I started from scratch this week with new MT4 platform installation. I had just too many of them installed and am now trading just via the one. I started Monday and that is when I started tracking so I'm sorry, but all I have is at MyFXBook and MTi.

Getting ready to start trading...

Well, I had a great start for the week, banked 45 pips. Current statistics as follows:

Daily: 0.91%

Monthly: 25.71%

Drawdown: 1.93%

That's me for today, might have one more trade this afternoon when NY opens otherwise I'll be back tomorrow morning.

Lot size still 1.0/0.1 - will post here when I plan to increase to 1.10.

Rent a Signal ID 33254 | FxGliderV4

Signal is Active

FxGliderV4 is now active!

Max open positions at once

Hi.

How many open positions I would expect to have anytime, at max?

Till now, you had 4 max, but what about the future, do you fixed a max number to not overcome in anycase?

Thanks,

ZioB

ZioBoje:
Hi.

How many open positions I would expect to have anytime, at max?

Till now, you had 4 max, but what about the future, do you fixed a max number to not overcome in anycase?

Thanks,

ZioB

Hi ZioB,

Max orders would not be more than 4 - ever! I'm actually busy cutting down to 2 orders, but max 4 in the future. Also lot size is currently fixed at max 1.0 untill account balance reach $11,000 then I would increase to 1.10 lot size, but I will post here before I increase the lot size.

Regards,

FxGlider

Stop Loss

I also really hope, as you've done up to now, you'll NEVER use stop loss larger than 20-30 pips max.....

ZioB

ZioBoje:
I also really hope, as you've done up to now, you'll NEVER use stop loss larger than 20-30 pips max..... ZioB

99% of my orders will have SL of 20 - 30 pips max. I believe you cut your losses and get over it. Recovery can be quick if you except your losses and move on. Tomorrow will have new opportunities to make back what you lost today. Being stuck in a draw down for days is more harmful than a 20 or 30 pip loss.

I trust you feel the same :-)

Reason: