Trading mtf in real time

Hello everyone. I want to teach you something I discovered but am still studing it and from what I see it works 90 to 95% of the time.

#### PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK WITH EVERY INDICATOR AND YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU GET EQUIVALENT RESULT WHEN CONVERTING PARAMETERS BEFORE YOU APPLY THIS TO YOUR TRADING SYSTEM. THIS IS STILL A RESEARCH. THANKS TO iGOR FOR ALL HEADS UP AND IMPROVEMENTS#####

I have noticed and it has been a problem to me too that when using mtf indicators we have to wait for the higher time frame candle to close in order to confirm the direction.

Example is when ur trading on 15mins with a higher time frame of 4h. You will have to wait for 16 bars to close to confirm a change of colour on 4h only to find out that it was right all along. You we have to do that to avoid repaints.

Before I go on I would want to ask the moderator to please PM me telling me where exactly this thread belongs just in case I did not start it in the right place.

Back to business.

I got this Idea from the course Architecture. You notice that before any architectural design is started by an architect, a scale module(smaller version of the main project) is designed by the architect to show his prospective client . So I thought to myself instead of using the Mtf indicator, why not scale down a large time frame to a smaller time frame.

I am crazily in love with the 15 mins time frame but I still want to be sure am in line with the major trend or lets say something like that. We have trending and ranging markets in all time frames but its what you do with it that matters.

Nuff said now lets get down to the real deal though its a simple maths.

Example. I have an indicator that is ment to work with 4h timefram and its parameters is 10 Lets use the so called repainting indicators SSL or what ever you call it.

With a parameter of 10 on 4tf this means that the indicator calculates based on the past 10 4h bars = 4 x 10= 40hours

so if 40hours= 60mins x 40=2400mins.

therefore the equivalent parameter on 15m time frame:

2400mins./15mins.= 160bars crazy, but true check it.

So if someone is trading an indicator of parameter 10 on 4h I will trade that same indicator with a parameter of 160.

Before I upload a pic I want you to do a little research.

Place the ssl indicator on 4htf with a parameter of 10 and put a horizontal line where the colour changes to where it changes again. Eg first red bar to the last red bar. Now switch to 15min time frame and change the indicator parameter from 10 to 160 and look at where those lines you put on the 4h time frame falls. Most times U will have a Red start and a red finish like the 4hTf. I don't usually post my research, but with people like codex and JTG around I am encouraged. I know some foolish traders will just want to Kill this. Please if it sounds stupid simply Ignore it but go back and study equivalent fraction in mathematics. 50/100, 30/60, 72/144 are all equal fractions cos they ar all equal to I/2(half)

By doing so you don't have to switch time frames or use MTF indicators because u will end up having to wait for a 4h time frame to close while I will be there trading. I will upload two Images to show u what I mean.

Check out the following images to see what I mean.

Forex-TSD

Forex-TSD

Outstanding! Very insightful, has already sparked some ideas for myself.

Thanks Deforex247.

Cheers

Codex

"I am crazily in love with the 15 mins time frame" - Kinky!

I must say thankyou for sharing this concept... I have spent the last 30days pulling my hair out trying to refine a mtf indicator that would not repaint... I should also state that Igorad has helped me attempt to do this... he has been very kind and helpful... but as he told me the other day... "there are no miracles". Well reading your post today... gave me a new way to approach the issue. Now I guess we need to see which indis are best applied to this technique.

Thanks

we could post those programming technique of NON- repaint indicator for you

one way to do it , is to REFRESH yourself

i.e. when new bars formed, the indicator will not TELL you any new information

UNTIL

you refresh yourself, say you are using 30M, you switch to 15M and then immediately , switch back to 30M, then your indicator will repaint to the CURRENT bar

I guess this technique should work for any EXISITNG MTF indicator -- on the other hand it negate the MTF concept -as MTF is to see the indicator in another TF while you stay e.g. at 30M only

-- anyway, if you wanna to learn more MQ4 , we can show you some SAMPLE CODE to let you learn it yourself

===============

PAVA

always fascinate me --- as he seems to do PIPPINGS systematically , so as to PROFITING without Guessing work

i.e. amateur traders are just like a kitten tracing the LASER red spot on the floor, and always hard to catch the forex next move

I am thinking to test some systmatical pippings on DEMO to see whether it could work, my idea would be very small TP and tiny SL on very volatile pair such as $gbpjpy and $eurchf -- both got about 6 pip spread cost

see whether pipping the grains would work -- or it is just a eutophia fantasy

xx3xxx:
we could post those programming technique of NON- repaint indicator for you

one way to do it , is to REFRESH yourself

i.e. when new bars formed, the indicator will not TELL you any new information

UNTIL

you refresh yourself, say you are using 30M, you switch to 15M and then immediately , switch back to 30M, then your indicator will repaint to the CURRENT bar

I guess this technique should work for any EXISITNG MTF indicator -- on the other hand it negate the MTF concept -as MTF is to see the indicator in another TF while you stay e.g. at 30M only

-- anyway, if you wanna to learn more MQ4 , we can show you some SAMPLE CODE to let you learn it yourself

===============

PAVA

always fascinate me --- as he seems to do PIPPINGS systematically , so as to PROFITING without Guessing work

i.e. amateur traders are just like a kitten tracing the LASER red spot on the floor, and always hard to catch the forex next move

I am thinking to test some systmatical pippings on DEMO to see whether it could work, my idea would be very small TP and tiny SL on very volatile pair such as $gbpjpy and $eurchf -- both got about 6 pip spread cost

see whether pipping the grains would work -- or it is just a eutophia fantasy

xx3xxx or what ever you call yourself am not an expert in mq4 language but am a mathematician to a certain level. I did not start this thread to sell anything or talk down on the Idea of seeing every time frame on your chart.

You program better MTF indicators and lock them up in the elite section for some few to lay their hands on. I trade 15mins time frame and have always used it in line with 4h. Reason is that 15 and 4h are identical because they have what I choose to call a pivot time frame between them and that time frame is 1hour time frame. the quotient of 15m and my pivot time frame is 4 and the quotient of the pivot time frame 4h is 4 too.

THERES A TIGHT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN 15MINS TF AND 4H TF.

Proof:

60mins/15mins= 4

240mins/60mins=4

Proven

So I always take my 15 mins trade inline with 4h but I noticed that sometimes

If an MTF indicator on 4h shows green on about 10 bars from the 4h open and I place a trade in that direction it repaints before the 16th bar that would close a 4h bar. You made noise about refreshing time frames, I know all about that and I must tell you that if a 4h bar changes colour, that colour wont be valid till that bar closes at that colour.

Now if a 4h mtf indicator on 15mins TF shows green assuming a buy signal ,

it will take us 16 15min TF bars to confirm that direction. Now one of the two results is always the scenario.

1. The 16 bars all close Green to tell you that that direction was right all along.

2 The bars change back to red before the 16th bar on 15min TF thereby giving you a combination Red and Green between the firs candle and 16th candle. You get fed up and refresh your chart and all the previous green bars

change to red telling you that the green it showed you earlier was not valid.

Thats crazyy.

Now you claim to have to have non repainting Mtf indicators and you can show me how to code them ,BLAH BLAH BLAH. Where are they? Hidden in the Elite and Advanced Elite section for those who can pay.

One thing you must know is that theres an added advantage to my method of scaling down indicator parameters. You don't have an mtf version of all the indicators on earth.

But I can simply compute the value of an indicator on daily time frame to its equivalent on 15 minsTF with out having the MTF version.

Do you know that stochastic oscillator 5,3,3 on 4h time frame is the same as stochastic oscillator 80,48,48. So if you are trading 4h time frame with and Mtf stochastic indicator I will use the default stochastic on 15mins Tf with a settings of 80,48,48 and when your 5,3,3 stoch crosses 50 on 4h mine will cross too just about the same time.

Am just here to help those who don't have access to your elite indicators to still achieve something in trading. People like you kill Ideas and not help make them better and therefore I will be glad if you just shut up and ignore this thread if you don't have anything better to contribute.

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria.

Here

Hello to all my friends following.

trendchangetrader asked about how it will work with other indicators. Well let me put something straight here this is not an indicator and neither is it a trading system. This is something I have used to solve my personal issues with MTF indicators repainting or having to wait till the higher timeframe bar closes.

So I thought to myself. Instead of using an mtf indicator on same chart and battling with the issue of repaint, why not scale down the parameter of the same indicator from a higher time frame.

Lets say you have a trading system that works with 3 time frames and uses MACD 12,26,9 for 4h,1h and 15 mins. U will get three different results because you are using 3 different time frames and will definitely be watching the 15 mins time frame because its the lowest time frame on the said trading system. Assuming you trading with the colours green and red and the 4h timeframe on your mtf indicator shows a red bar for sell, That sell wont be valid till 16 of your 15m bars close. Then the 1h bar shows red too but that wont be valid as well till 4 15mins bars close and the ur 15 mins bar shows red then u take a short position. Now thats lag at its finest. because thats a waste of time.

Now this is how I will do it with my method. I programmed a software to do the conversions for me and save me the stress of calculation.

I will simply pick up Default MACD indicator and the convert 12,26,9 of 4h to 15 mins = MACD 192,416,144 on 15mins

pick up a second Default MACD and convert 12,26,9 of 1h to 15 mins

=MACD 48,104,36

And then finally Put the Default MACD 12,26,9.

Therefore I will trade 15mins Tf with 3 MACD indicators of parameter

192,416,144 (4h trend)

48,104,36 (1h trend)

12,26,9 (current timeframe 15mins).

there fore it eliminates repainting issues because the calculations by the indicators are done realtime based on the bars on 15 mins time frame

while am actually trading 3 timeframes.

I have taken time to explain this so that you understand that this method works with any indicator. All U need to do is have the default indicator and you wont need the mtf version because u will just use the software I attached below to scale down the parameter you would use on larger time frames.

I want to personally thank Codex and JTG for all the inspirations and support they have given me on this site. All smart questions are welcomed.

Also the input cells are passworded. To unlock it type deforexcodex

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria.

Do you know that what you have discovered here is pure gold , thanks you and keep up good work .

Hi Deforex,

The work you have done here is very inspiring.

That excel sheet is such a powerful tool, thank you so much for providing us with this.

I am at a loss for words right now. Well Done !!!

Cheers

Codex

Hi Deforex,

Just to double check my use of the excel spreadsheet you have provided.

My Current Timeframe is: 1H

I want to add the CCI indicator to represent the 4H chart.

If I use the CCI indicator on the 4H chart with a period of 8, then I do the following on your spreadsheet.

High Time Frame: 1440

Time Frame Parameter 1: 8

Enter Low Time Frame: 60

(All other parameters are left to 0 or blank)

The result would then be 192. Meaning that I would add the default CCI indicator to my 1H chart with a period of 192, thus effective providing me with a 4H representation of the CCI on my 1H chart .

This is gold deforex, absolute gold. I can finally use the FML Trade simulator more effectively now!!

Cheers

Codex

Wow....Deforex i just added you to next year's Christmas list! If i ever find hidden gold you will be the first to know !

Reason: