My 'time pattern' idea

First thread , let's try to bring up a new idea :-)

I have some inclination to think that the night movement of the forex is dictated by the Asian session . How simple. What i noticed is that every morning, except on Moday, there is a stable pattern. We can call it correction , or 1-2-3 retracement with time elements .

Let's talk about E/U and GBP/U. At about 07:35 CET there is a change of the short-term trend / as defined by a 16 or 23 SMA respectively. Then at about 08:35 08:40 another movement, and again measured against the same SMA. Mind you taht u can have 4 possible combinations. For example you can open shorts if the price is above the SMA at the time. Last weeks it has done me good But don't touch the JPY pairs !!

So does anybody think it a good idea? I will call this method a 'time pattern' or 'time system'. And with a friend of mine I am trying to refine it since Thursday.

Comments are very welcome !!!

Cheers

I think you are right in that at certain times during the trading day, there will be a shift, whether its a retrace or reversal. On ff, a guy called mike parker, check out his thread under rookie section, has already given those times, even breaking them into approx 42 min within each 90 mins or so for some times.

It'll be great to hear traders and your experiences/research.

Could we state those times as gmt perhaps, so everybody can follow.

regards

Pardy

where exactly ?

Hi man , thanks for the tip.

To be honest I just was tryin to find this post , and all I found is an enormous topic / well two topics, one is empty/ from this guy.

http://www.forexfactory.com/member.php?u=13089 is it?

I got a headache from reading , such a silly comments, and I saw dozens of the ugliest charts , I have ever seen !!! Right now the site is ' currently undergoing maintenance' and I feel better This guy is just talking without a sense?!

check this out http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=159352&page=180

Pauluk, can you kindly point me where you found this idea, the timing intervals? I will go crazy if I read everything... I read pages 1-5 , 101-105, 179-184 , I feel sick, really.

Thanks.

And may be next step is to think of an EA, but I don't have coding experience...

Good Luck all.

hi

JangoFet:
First thread , let's try to bring up a new idea :-)

I have some inclination to think that the night movement of the forex is dictated by the Asian session . How simple. What i noticed is that every morning, except on Moday, there is a stable pattern. We can call it correction , or 1-2-3 retracement with time elements .

Let's talk about E/U and GBP/U. At about 07:35 CET there is a change of the short-term trend / as defined by a 16 or 23 SMA respectively. Then at about 08:35 08:40 another movement, and again measured against the same SMA. Mind you taht u can have 4 possible combinations. For example you can open shorts if the price is above the SMA at the time. Last weeks it has done me good But don't touch the JPY pairs !!

So does anybody think it a good idea? I will call this method a 'time pattern' or 'time system'. And with a friend of mine I am trying to refine it since Thursday.

Comments are very welcome !!!

Cheers

I think it's better to combine with Asian High Low indicator

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
I think it's better to combine with Asian High Low indicator

Thanks ! I had a look there, these systems are just break-out , but with big potential I will pursue mine. Even today , Monday, i made some pips. But i didn't wait for the full hour.

06:35 GMT and 07:55GMT would have been perfect.

I have a dream, that if we , hundreds of people, start trading this way , we can move the market quite a lot

Good luck. And send your ideas please.

Asian Breakout is very easy to trade and profitable... in last 1 year i always bank some money every months (...always) with Asian Breakout, just adjust it with right Money Management

Cycles and the human element

Every morning I wake up and after a couple hours with considerable regularity I utilize the ablutions block to pinch a loaf....however...as established occurence as this is, I would not like to bank money on the fact that it will definitely occur or the 'payload' be significant.

I suggest that like the dimwitted aqz, you return to the drawing board and put a little more effort into coming up with a system before expecting a programmer to look at it.

You need to understand many things about EA's, one of these being that there is no forgiveness as we are only dealing in 1's and 0's. You are attempting to conquer the toughest market in the world with an inelegant daft notion based on loose time principles which are governed by human behavior and therefore subject to constant dynamic change. In addition to this....you have been thinking about this since when??...oh yeh...last Thursday....wow....should be a winner with consistency for sure! (sic).

Pilot

Thanks

Thank you hb2 , I will surely look at it, because I have to get up early, as explained above

What time do you use for placing the stop orders? Is it the 0600GMT or 0500GMT as shown in the hyperlink under your post?? Somehow I think that the markets in Asia close after that.... But yes , there is a consollidation period , just as I was trying to say , and then -> the market shoots in some direction.

Sorry , but I just can't send a private message?!?! Does anyone know why is that? Some admin help needed And I can not edit posts ! So when I said ' GBP/USD on Monday' , I meant the prevoius one , before I posted the idea. So far so good.

Thank u

update

Hi , some small updates

It seems that my 'system' works most of the time , given two conditions.

1.) I am prepared to take quicky 20-30 pips profit and I open 4 positions 06:35 06:40 07:35 07:40 GMT. But the profit is solid up to now.

OR

2.) I am risking at least 25 pips with a SL, with prospects of gaining 60 pips at least from each trade. I guess part-closure of winning positions is better. I prefer to wait 5-8 minutes and add another, bigger position, if it jumps against me. These movements are sooooooo fake. As I said before, I open them against very short term MA.

The market is too jerky , especially in the morning. Good for me At least there are no news releases , so one can concentrate on some patterns. I don't say that the above hours are rock solid.... As I said I am just testing , several weeks , GBP/USD looks good now.

More live testing to follow.

And any ideas or advice will be appreciated.

Asian breakouts are profitable

Jango,

I recommend that you read a book called "Beat the Odds in Forex Trading" by Igor Toshchakov. He has done all the work you need to profit from this reoccurring trading method. You just need to follow his example.

Asian session/ORB breakouts are popular and work extremely well. I use them regularly in my trading strategy with great effect.

The key is price action and SR. Once you have mastered these, you can trade the Asian breakout and range successfully (as well as open up your whole trading methodology).

Lim

Reason: