Triggerlines 4H Trading System

Hi efextrader, your system is very similar with mine but your filter is looks better. That was my 1st system, I got about 400 pips in 3 weeks (that was 3 months ago) before market gets choppy and eat my profit until about 80 pips only in one week. Then I lose my faith on it (that was my mistake IMO).

How long have you trade with this system? and howmany pips so far?

Rgrds

Just wondering is this solar wind indicator is reliable in real time filetering job? Have you experienced it before?

Hi Devil,

Ive done some backtesting manually mostly. And results seem encouraging. Ive been reading posts from Igor that suggest one should study the most choppy non-trending times, for these are the times trend systems give away profits. I know he is a very experienced trader and system developer. So, I will gladly do as he suggests.

Thats my way of system development. I just try to build a system that takes as much profit as possible

and filters out as many false signals as possible. I used to look at

shorter time frames, but gave up, too much noise for me.

Im still working on this one trying to add more sophisticated filtering.

Ive only been studying forex for 6 months now, so relative to many Senior

member here, Im just a newbie. Nevertheless, I feel its my duty to offer something as my way of contribution to the general effort.

As far as I can see, very little effort is put towards the 4H time frame. For me, its an ideal TF to try and master, as it has less signal noise and is therefore easier to read.

I like 4H too, less noise especially with triggerlines. And we should at least look at the chart once every 4 hours, even in the middle of the night.

Looking forward to see result of your research.

Solarwind Indicator

Hi Efex...

Interesting strategy... Did you develope the Solarwind indicator or is that something you found on the forum. I'd like to read up on it if you have any additional information.

Thanks,

Forex2stay

4H TriggerLines

Efextrader,

Thanks for sharing the system.

I am a fan of 4H as well and has been following TrendManager and all its forums everywhere. I liked the idea of a simple profitable 4H indicator from long time ago but as you know TrendManager is not profitable alone and needs some adjustments as you mentioned and did.

I got some questions ,

Does solarwind paint the past? Does it change color many times during the whole 4H period? How about TriggerLines?

When do you exactly stop reverse a trade? Do you wait until a whole 4H candle with a "changed" color of associated indicator is "completely" stablished or you enter as soon as you see a color change anytime? Does this mean that we only have to check the price at the bigining of every 4H period?

Also, in case you have some trade results, I am interested to see them.

Again Thanks...

amin1000

Interesting strategy... Did you develope the Solarwind indicator or is that something you found on the forum. I'd like to read up on it if you have any additional information.

Thanks,

Forex2stay

Forex2stay,

No, I didnt develop Solar Wind indicator myself. It was suggested as a possible filter somewhere, so I tried it. I tried dozens, too. Its the most steady Ive found so far. Its far less twitchy than Triggerlines. If you experiment with Triggerlines on a D1 chart..I think you will see its fine all on its own, no filtering needed for the most part. Filtering is more and more needed the lower the time frame, or so Ive found.

Amin1000

You are welcome. For all those members interested in longer time frame trading, this is a good start. Its very visual and its simple to understand.

As far as I can see, Triggerlines will paint a new signal (red or blue) and then hold on too it until you see a signifigant market move the other way. On 4H charts this might mean 20p. Take a look at some Triggerline charts on the 4H time frame, and you will see a few very small signal lines. But, those are always caused by a sudden market move against the new signal..and continuing the older (previous) trend. Thats where Solar Wind helps. It stays the course and will not signal a reversal easily.

Hope that helps. Just put Solar Wind and Triggerlines up on a 4H chart in a busy market time and watch it yourself. Let me know what u see.

Thank you very much for what appears to be a simple but powerful system. Please do you enter as soon the criteria are met or do you wait until the close of the candle meeting the criteria?

Hi efextrader

I've just check my chart, I shouldn't loss that much if I were using Solarwind indicator as a filter. Now I need to make sure that Solarwind doesn't repaint the past.

Thanks

Reason: