The True about Elliott Waves "really works?"

A lot of people talk about this thing called Elliott Waves, and a diversification of answer was collected after made this question: elliott waves really works?. Some people said that is a lack of time apply elliott waves to the market, and by the other side, said that is a great forecasting tool. Some people think that elliott waves are magic, and the use of this on the market dont give place to the mistake, and this is the wrong way to think about elliott waves. All forecasting tools have a percentage of mistake, like oscilators. If we buy and sell everytime that the oscilator give us a signal, we will loose money, but if we filter this signal, we can get some profits, and the same with other tools, like bollinger, MACD, trend lines, retracements, gann lines, and more. Learn to use elliot waves require a lot of time and an open mind, because it is a probability tool, not the holy grial. The fractal propouse by Elliott is the 5 waves up and 3 down, but is impossible find all the time and at diferents times frames this structure, because of that, the best is use an hourly chart as the lowest time frame, and try to dont get mess looking for this 5 and 3, watch the global move, one low followed by a recovery can be labeled as A or 1, but we can only labelel this wave when the movement is finished. Other key of the elliott waves, is that all trends in the market have at least 3 waves, if we wait one wave and the recovery to the fib area, we can get in for this wave 3 and make safe money. And the elliott waves can be filter with the use of oscilators like MACD, stochastics and RSI. Learn more about elliott waves, as an alternative tool, not as a magic key that will become you millonaire.

What is your thinking?

playforex.com.ar

Seems to be doing well for Johnny. No one that is running an automated EA has posted a picture of his Ferrari yet. I'm willing to give it a lot of time and effort to learn. I'm willing to give it maybe 2 months of my time and effort and if it doesn't do anything for me then move on. For me, I'm tired of all the lagging indicators. Seems to me, Metatrader gave us those lagging indicators as a favor to the "big boys" so that we would lose our money to them.

What I was thinking of doing was setting up MTPredictor, Elwave, and another elliot wave tool and when 2 or 3 of them all agree, then I would make a decision.

very original

forexbear:

A lot of people talk about this thing called Elliott Waves, and a diversification of answer was collected after made this question: elliott waves really works?. Some people said that is a lack of time apply elliott waves to the market, and by the other side, said that is a great forecasting tool. Some people think that elliott waves are magic, and the use of this on the market dont give place to the mistake, and this is the wrong way to think about elliott waves. All forecasting tools have a percentage of mistake, like oscilators. If we buy and sell everytime that the oscilator give us a signal, we will loose money, but if we filter this signal, we can get some profits, and the same with other tools, like bollinger, MACD, trend lines, retracements, gann lines, and more. Learn to use elliot waves require a lot of time and an open mind, because it is a probability tool, not the holy grial. The fractal propouse by Elliott is the 5 waves up and 3 down, but is impossible find all the time and at diferents times frames this structure, because of that, the best is use an hourly chart as the lowest time frame, and try to dont get mess looking for this 5 and 3, watch the global move, one low followed by a recovery can be labeled as A or 1, but we can only labelel this wave when the movement is finished. Other key of the elliott waves, is that all trends in the market have at least 3 waves, if we wait one wave and the recovery to the fib area, we can get in for this wave 3 and make safe money. And the elliott waves can be filter with the use of oscilators like MACD, stochastics and RSI. Learn more about elliott waves, as an alternative tool, not as a magic key that will become you millonaire.

What is your thinking?

playforex.com.ar

This is a very bold statement,(another load of bollocks) do not read into Elliotts own interpretation, and i doubt you have read the full collective notes, but the modern interpretation. My brother is an Elliottition having studied him for 20 years, he tought me everything i know now. Its ironic the number of people who are coming out with these statements when clearly they dont even have the slightest insight to how the market works...Wonder where i've seen the macd/stoch filter before..um..

its always Elliott Waves

its subjective and take lot of time to understand it. u can say its a 3 rd level in trading

1st level in which play with market with indicators to make profit

2nd level in which improve our trading like money management system development and become little mature

3rd level is pro level in which we learn diffrent market things like gann elitto gann swing and these type of things

just my theory( )

still i think ellito is great i am still learning those 1 2 3 4 5 a b c etc etc

Last words if u have time recommended to learn as much as u can on it

just my theory( )

I am interested in learning more about it. Something based on probabilities could fit in very nicely as a filter with an EA I'm working on. Who knows, I'm open minded, I am willing to allow it to totally replace what I'm doing now if it validates and proves itself to me in testing.

elliot

Hey

I ordered once a learn to analyse the market thing ( homestudy thing ) the seller is a trader himself, and he sayd to me not to order the learn to count the waves and just focusing on the higher highs/ lows trendline breaks and so on ,but could be nice to learn anyway later on. By the way any knowing of material learning the fundamental of fx market?

sailor

more, you want more...........

Aaragorn:
I am interested in learning more about it. Something based on probabilities could fit in very nicely as a filter with an EA I'm working on. Who knows, I'm open minded, I am willing to allow it to totally replace what I'm doing now if it validates and proves itself to me in testing.

I think anyone is worth a fair go, but seriously you should think about another career................."something based on probabilities" says it all.....you need humble pie sir,,,,,,,, you're so cluless it's not even funny anymore.........infact you're so wrong, you're right...........

Hi, jonnydenver69!!

As you know, I think EW is a waste of time and money. Precther said to buy S&P above 954 it was a medical issue. Well, S&P closed yesterday at 1,272,87.

Precther has a whole business about EW. I think we makes more money selling all his stuff than trading. He also says you can mesure the mood of a country with EW. Well, jonnydenver69, there is another EW guru called Robert Miner. He is more honest.

If you think your EW are awesome, no problem, start posting your charts here and try not to use X, Y and W labeling, right?

With respect,

Nina

PS= BTW, I was a EW follower, I studied EW hard and I know what it is.

Let's learn toghether!

Morpheus:
Seems to be doing well for Johnny. No one that is running an automated EA has posted a picture of his Ferrari yet. I'm willing to give it a lot of time and effort to learn. I'm willing to give it maybe 2 months of my time and effort and if it doesn't do anything for me then move on. For me, I'm tired of all the lagging indicators. Seems to me, Metatrader gave us those lagging indicators as a favor to the "big boys" so that we would lose our money to them. What I was thinking of doing was setting up MTPredictor, Elwave, and another elliot wave tool and when 2 or 3 of them all agree, then I would make a decision.

I agree with you, I'm tired too of all the lagging indicators.

I'm thinking to make a new thread to study and share ideas, possible trading strategies, comments, charts to try to predict the market movements with the teories of Eliot Wave, Gann, Fibonacci.

Everyday I'll post the charts for majors before the europen market it's starting (at 7.00 GMT). I'll try to predict how the market will move on and the reasons for that prediction.

Maybe we'll understand better how the el waves are forming and probably it will be usefull!

Nina, isnt that a girls name?

nina:
Hi, jonnydenver69!!

As you know, I think EW is a waste of time and money. Precther said to buy S&P above 954 it was a medical issue. Well, S&P closed yesterday at 1,272,87.

Precther has a whole business about EW. I think we makes more money selling all his stuff than trading. He also says you can mesure the mood of a country with EW. Well, jonnydenver69, there is another EW guru called Robert Miner. He is more honest.

If you think your EW are awesome, no problem, start posting your charts here and try not to use X, Y and W labeling, right?

Nina

PS= BTW, I was a EW follower, I studied EW hard and I know what it is.

God and i was just about to commend you on your system, i take it all back...

With respect Nina, before you go shooting your mouth off always do your homework...dont just drop a few names in, in the hope that i will think you know what you are talking about, cos i dont..you're not fooling anyone..this is my thread, posts, everything you need is right there...https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174180 I'am prepared to my money where my mouth is, are you..OH, you can post your appology on there if you wish........remember information is the weapon of choice, always be prepared............foot in mouth springs to mind..

Oh one other thing if Bob Prechter said buy S&P in jan 03 at 900 and its now the level it is, would'nt that have made you a profit....? just a thought..

Hi, jonnydenver69!

Tell me where I can follow your EW analysis and calls. That's all I want.

Nina

Reason: