Reverse Firebird?

Hey Guys,

Quick question from a non-programmer. How would I go about reversing the signals in the Firebird EA?

I'm trying a little experiment and I would like to create an EA with the same signalling capabilities of Firebird, but the opposite trades opened. So when it goes long now - I would want it to go short instead.

Does that make sense? Any help would be appreciated.

I know what you mean.

It seems that every time Firebird opens a trade it is the wrong direction. But that's just the way it works - waiting for a pullback.

The same thought crossed my mind too about the reverse Firebird. It would have made some great pips these last two days instead of wiping out all of the last week's gains.

Mike4x.

I can not say you by codes (I don't know) but we did the same with SilverTrend EA in elite section. Because this EA reduced deposit to almost zero for 3 weeks trading 0.1 lot (from 25,000 to 5,000 for 3 or 4 weeks by 0.1 lot size if I remember). So we were thinging that this reversal will help. Nothing.

It was the same.

I think it is the subject to ask and bid price also (for sell and buy orders).

I think that EA should be too bad to do it but Firebird is too bad sometimes and sometimes is too good.

The ideal Firebird EA would be one that can make money in both a trending and ranging market. Reversing the signals will allow this EA to make a lot of money in a trending market obviously, but get killed in a ranging market. You can use an indicator to filter for periods of range and trend, but that would be too lagging IMO. Instead, after a series of losses in the range mode, the EA should switch to trend mode and look for opportunities. After X number of losses in trend mode, it switches back to range mode. I wonder if anyone has tried this. However, waiting for a series of losses before it adapts to the market may be just as lagging as using an indicator.

I found interesting script inside my computer (author is Kimiv).

This script is reversing the already opened order.

But I'm affraid that it closes the order first.

Files:
before.gif  45 kb
after.gif  46 kb
reverse.mq4  2 kb

i had reversed and modified it when 6 1st came out. I tried many settings and ran it in real time but have since moved on. if u want PM me and i will dig around for one of them.

mike4X:
I know what you mean.

It seems that every time Firebird opens a trade it is the wrong direction. But that's just the way it works - waiting for a pullback.

The same thought crossed my mind too about the reverse Firebird. It would have made some great pips these last two days instead of wiping out all of the last week's gains.

Mike4x.

I seem to recall a "Hedge" mode mentioned in the Firebird documentation.

Perhaps some experiments with the Hedge parameters would be useful, tho at the moment I'm not at all sure that the Hedge is in 63G, or if the Hedge trade even had an exit or TP.

- - - -

Its the old dilemma: Convergent vs. Divergent strategies and how to switch 'em in a timely manner. Or how to blend them so one doesn't put 'drag' on the other.

Recent price action has caused this question to resurface in different forms in several Forums.

lonespruce:
Hey Guys,

Quick question from a non-programmer. How would I go about reversing the signals in the Firebird EA?

I'm trying a little experiment and I would like to create an EA with the same signalling capabilities of Firebird, but the opposite trades opened. So when it goes long now - I would want it to go short instead.

Does that make sense? Any help would be appreciated.

Try this

Eli

Files:

Eli - Cheers.

elihayun:
Try this Eli

Much of my thoughts are over at the FF FB thread and i won't repost them here, suffice to say my first week was a +1300ish week w/6pairs and the next week was a disaster on every version i ran (had'em all on 1m charts). The hedge version was catastrophic. It had over -3300 float in three days, i had all default settings out of the box on a dozen copies of MT4 IBFX.

The bottom line for me was i was very glad i had such an eye opening experience on FB early on. I'm still testing but a bit gun shy now! Would luv to see it rise out of the ashes, but it's gonna take some doing. Is it any wonder that TraderSeven went on to other models after such testing/experiences he might have also gone through with his creation?!

I'm still very interested in FB, and have three FB tests going as i type. Along with eleven others on various EAs.

: ) Thom

PS ramble, after fixing the small extra comma error in the above posted reverse FB i went ahead and tested it in demo today on another version of FB head to head with a normal. They both tripped trades in opposite directions on the EUR in the normal, and CAD on the reverse in harmony on seperate MT4 accounts. Interesting to watch. The FBrev closed out 3 trades at 18pips with +1 float as i post, and the normal closed 29+ with -45 pips...funny stuff this FireBird. But at least we know a simple code switcherooo does what we told it to.

snip of code change, just copy paste the lines from the "BUY" and put them in place of the "SELL" code. I just commented out the original lines " // " so the original was still there for future referrence. Remember you will do this switch on each area your version takes a trade. Some will have several, so look for them all. Here is an example paste from one of these areas inside the FB version i used for my test this morning:

if((myMA*(1+Percent/100))=(LastPrice+(CurrentPipStep*Point)) || myTotal==0) ) // Go SHORT -> Only sell if >= 30 pips above previous position entry

{

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slip,Ask-(Stoploss*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Blue);

// OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slip,Bid+(Stoploss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Red);

OrderWatcher=1;

Direction=2;

}

if((myMA*(1-Percent/100))>Ask && Direction!=11 && (Ask Only buy if >= 30 pips below previous position entry

{

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slip,Bid+(Stoploss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Red);

// OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slip,Ask-(Stoploss*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Blue);

OrderWatcher=1;

Direction=1;

}

}

Reason: