MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 816

[Deleted]
Hello, I m trying to create an ea that will move an horizontal line on the High/Low of the previous candle according to certain condition. the compilation is OK, but the ea doesn't work. void TechnicalAnalysissell(){      if (Close[current+1] <= Close[current+2]  && Volume[current+1] ==...
sometime last closed trade wasn\'t found??????bool GetLastCloseTradeProfit(double &lastClosedPrice, double &lastClosedProfit){   datetime lastClosedTime = 0;   lastClosedProfit=0.0;   //-- Loop history orders   for(int pos=OrdersHistoryTotal() - 1;pos >= 0; pos--)   {      if(OrderSelect(pos...
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Developing a Multi-Symbol Volatility Indicator in MQL5 has been published at mql5.com: In this article, we will consider the development of a multi-symbol volatility indicator. The development of multi-symbol indicators may present some difficulties for novice MQL5...
[Deleted]
Hello, Firstly apologies for my simplistic coding error. A search of some other posts found some help regarding the error but not for my specific question and i have tried a few alternatives. What i want to do is place a buy stop, a specific number of pips away from the ask. Below is where i am at,...
Hi, I have an EA which enters and exits trades on the open of a bar on a 5min chart. If the EA tries to close a trade when my broker's platform is closed (on the weekend and once a day from 12:00am to 12:05am) it fails to close the trade and opens a second trade as if there was no trade open. Only...
When we test EA by strategy tester, is there "Bid","Ask", and so on data on the history tick? and if there is, the gap between "Bid" and "Ask" is what exist on history for some broker? Thank you!
[Deleted]
  Entry Line  (8)
I just switched brokers, does anyone know why the entry line does not shop up when you enter a trade now?
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I coded many EAs with metaeditor. Today as I was trying to do something with EA reading and writing text files and I launched metaeditor as administrator, under windows 7. It seems it replaced the code inside all my EAs by the code of the MA cross EA given with the software. I got
  Future highs in backtesting  (28   1 2 3)
Hi Im trying to code something for strategy tester but want to get future bars highest Past bars highest is High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,40,0)]; But future Im not sure how to get it High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,40,-40)]; That doesnt work. Anybody know anything?
[Deleted]
HI I want to change the date format is down right on the time scale the current size is "2014.01.03 10:30 " to "10:30" only is it possible ? I don't find the property's OBJ_VLINE ... I upload copy screen ... think
Which operative system (of the Windows family) is best (lighter) for MT virtualization? I am also interested to know if there are installation custiomizations or configurations to further reduce its footprint. Purpose of this OS is only to run MetaTrader in a virtual machine, so the smaller ram/cpu...
how can i copy the subscribed signals in my account,, and wwhat does it mean : specify your MQL5 community account in order to subscribe to trading signals
Do MT4 will work on this tablet? Asus VivoTab Smart ME400CL 64GB LTE W8 tablet
what is metaquote id i did not giet it
[Deleted]
hello guys I'm having troubles with one of my indicators which draws rectangles based on higher timeframes candlestick pattern (for example H4 oder Daily) on my M30 opened chart platform for trading. I'm using that indicator for manual trading. The problem is, if I have the M30 timeframe open, the...
[Deleted]
Hi All, Just a quick question, anyone know a neater way of building a filter to restrict/allow new positions based on the day of week, hour and minute? my logic wont work properly in the backtester. It allows trades after the cutoff time,(not good) but it closes all open positions on 'time exit',...
First post - apologies for any newb mistakes! If I run an MT4 back test during the week (i.e when the market is open), I know the current spread is used for the whole run, so there will often be minor differences in the results. If I run the exact same back test during the weekend however (i.e. when...
Here is the very simple code that I used to benchmark how fast is MT4 when working with EA functions: int i=0;int max=15000000;int t0=0;int init() {   //-- test 1   t0=GetTickCount();   for (i=0; i<max; i++) {      int a=1+2;   }   Print("test 1: "+(GetTickCount()-t0)+"ms");      //-- test 2...
It does this now in admin or user account. it happens on two terminal meta editors and one terminal wont open now unless its opened as administrator
  Last Trade!  (5)
Hey Guys, i've built an EA and i want to select the very last closed trade. I've tried everything that is in my skillbox. I've researched the forum and read every function that would help me in the documentary, i can't solve this. I need the ticket of the very last closed Trade, so the EA can differ...
Hello Does anyone have any experience of real trading (ie, real money) with an EA on rangebars? I need some perspective on what Im doing, whether its realistic or not. So far I have: 1. Obtained about 2 years worth of tickdata (tickstory). I have only backtested with 2 years because of strategy...
Dear all We Know how to export data from mt4 into Excel file via DDE option from tools of mt4 BUT now I want some body to tell me how to make OPPOSITE EXPORT DATA FROM EXCEL FILE TO MT4 PLEASE KINDLY HELP ME ON THIS SUBJECT Thanks a lot in advance
[Deleted]
My EA is a simple one based on moving average (just checking for crosses between slow and fast EMA) and it was supposed to put the buy order at the red dot. What happened was that my computer had been hibernating way before the red dot, so when I turned it back on the EA was feeding on information...
anyone can say the free EA for 100 $ account . may be it will make for coders laugh ....but it will very useful for all beginners .so may be some good mind person can have this EA sure.i am seeking that Good mind person also from him the great EA and indicator Too ......
[Deleted]
I'm wondering is there away to add custom indicators to MT4 android version ! If we could do that, is there away to covert mq4 indicators or make them work on MT4 android.. the idea I have few indicators on my MT4, just wanna add them to my smart phone  ... Thanks in advance....   
  FR H-Volatility  (415   1 2 3 4 5 ... 41 42)
This thread is a continuation of the conversation about kagi splits. Yura, let's look at the FR of the cagy zigzag segments for EURJPY 10^6 ticks BP, plotted for H=10. The graph is actually mirror-symmetric about the ordinate axis, I took the modulus of the difference for better statistics
Sorry this may be considered off-topic since it is not about MQL4 but I need some help on the workings of this forum itself. I sometimes forget to subscribe to the Topic on which I my have posted a comment and then do not remember if I have anything pending issues. How do I find all topics on which...
I made a function ArrayPrepend() that insert a value in the first element [0] of an array shifting the values already present down by 1. (the last element is lost) Currently I need 2 different functions to do this, because ArrayPrepend() only accept arrays of the declared type: void...
Hello everybody. I am trying to code a EA: x = close current - close at 5 minute ago. x>30pips ->buy x stoploss=30pips, takeprofit=80pips, trailing stop = 30pips. Time frame 4 hour. The problem: how to describe close price at 5 minutes ago in mt4 ? The close price at 5 minutes ago will change value...
i look the documantation and i find this dy=MathAbs(dx); z=MathPow(x,y); then i don't understand what means these ? MathPow(x,y); ??? MathAbs(x-y) ; ???? someone help me ? i don't know what these are means ?