MT4 and admin rigths

Hi everybody,

I coded many EAs with metaeditor. Today as I was trying to do something with EA reading and writing text files and I launched metaeditor as administrator, under windows 7.

It seems it replaced the code inside all my EAs by the code of the MA cross EA given with the software.

I got really scared to loose everything, but it seems closing all metaeditor/MetaTrader4 and opening it again without admin rights brought back my codes.

I don't understand what is going on. how the code int he mql4 files can change depending on who runs metaeditor?

More importantly, if I copy-paste my EAs somwhere else to make a save or move to another computer, what code will be in the files?

Orpexo:

I don't understand what is going on. how the code int he mql4 files can change depending on who runs metaeditor?

More importantly, if I copy-paste my EAs somwhere else to make a save or move to another computer, what code will be in the files?

It hasn't changed all your code, you are probably looking at different files . . . search for and read up on UAC and MT4

RaptorUK:
It hasn't changed all your code, you are probably looking at different files . . . search for and read up on UAC and MT4

not different as I can tell, I take them from the same path. The problem was windows 7 not letting mt4 to write files by protecting the program files directory.

Thanks, I googled UAC MT4 and made a new, ghost-free instalation.

Reason: