MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1647

Hi forum! I started learning MQL4 now but it's not easy at the beginning. I am not new toprogramming (I also program VB, VBA) but the syntax and the declaration of variablesseem to be pretty complex. Therefore I want to know if somebody could give me avery short code just for my orientation. The...
[Deleted]
if I have two times in this format 1167736680 from functions in MT4 Time() or OrderOpenTime(). I want to calculate Hours between two datetime numbers as above, how is that done?
[Deleted]
Please see the attached EURUSD charts for M1 and H1 time periods attached. Theyshow two different quotes. I think M1 is not updating while H1 is. It is from Alpari'splatform. Why is things so screwed up when we are trading involves real money onthe line?
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 203 has been published: In object FiboFan, fixed drawing considering close anchoring points.Tester: Added check for optimization pass counter overflow.Tester: Optimized usage of memory when generating a testing sequence.Tester: Optimized usage of memory when...
[Deleted]
Peter Goodier 09.03.07 05:39 FROM peter_zyn 9th Mar 2007 I need a simple indicator that places the results of an algorithm calculated onebar at a time, 5 bars ahead. Consequently the current bars will place its results 5 bars into the future. Example bar Algorithm (HIGH[0] - LOW[15] +...
[Deleted]
  CONTROL POINTS  (3)
I would like insert the control point model in my expert advisor. Have you the algorithm to determinate the control point, the explanation of metaquote is not clear, perhaps it's a secret algorithm :) Thanks Fabien_math
[Deleted]
This is to perform some function that MQL4 does not have.
I need to know what is the min. requirement for Virtual Private Server to run ExpertAdvisor ? (Memory , speed needed,...) Thanks.
  Spread monitoring  (20   1 2)
Is there an indicator, script, or ea that monitors the price feed and alerts when the spread on a designated pair reaches x amount? If there isn't, can one be made?
Hello together, a question for understanding. I'm using the iMA(NULL,0,6,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0) on a 5 minutes chart. During the bar is in process, how is the value calculatedbecause the close price is not read yet? Will it use the actual price? And whatis the behaviour with PRICE_WEIGHTED....
It just popped into my head!!! Is it possible to include option on MT to select a directory for experts, profiles,templates etc. This way, if several copies of MT are running, there is no needto copy and recopy and constantly synchronize experts, indicators, profiles, etc.One can even run the same...
the following: Print(WindowExpertName()," ",WindowFind(WindowExpertName())); returns: 2007.03.06 13:34:52 MACD_Colored_v102 EURUSD,H4: MACD_Colored_v102 -1 Where is a window number????
[Deleted]
  EA Does Not Work  (1)
My EA Does Not Work , Some time it stop working untill I comile it again or remove it and attach it again can any one know how can i solve this problem ? Thank you
Please help me with this problem: It looks like the slippage value I am using for a BUYSTOP trade is missed by 2pips: BUYSTOP is at 1.9737 SLIPPAGE is 2 pips (see #define SLIPPAGE_ON_ENTER) EXECUTION happens at 1.9734. , which is not Ask+2pips but Ask+4pips I am running test in "Open Prices...
I am looking for a code for a percentage step stop i.e. I have an EA that has a4 percentage profit stop I would like then for a 1% step to kick in so every 1%the stop is moved. I have been trying to do this myself but I'm not having muchluck. Cheers
Is there a way to do this? I am a mql4 newbie. I have a system that trades on the M15, H1 and H4 that I want to automate. Runson the M15 but I want it to take into account indicator data from the H1 and H4time frames. Any help or direction appreciated. Luperon
[Deleted]
Hello all, This is my first post so be gentle. After much (really, alot) of experimenting, something that someone said struckme. The biggest trade movements in a single day are on pairs where the USD is involved.The type of movements we are talking about are on the first friday of each month,and...
  FF Calendar Indicator for MT  (72   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
FF Calendar Indicator for MT from forexfactory. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=19293
[Deleted]
  Little help me  (5)
I'm writig an EA. This EA open a short position but i want to put automaticallystoploss level above 50 pip open price. How can i do it? I didn't find any help about in the forum.
Please help me express my variable. My EA (for backtesting) is attached to the 1 munute chart. I would like to work with a variable called "MyCCI". MyCCI = ExponencialMovingAverage(5) of CCI(13) of the 15 Minutes chart. Something like this: EMA(CCI(13),5) on M15. So, the values of my variable...
[Deleted]
Good day all, I'm trying to figure out a way to get a value for where the Margin call would happen.I can calculate the margin level light this: Margin_level = ((AccountEquity()/AccountMargin())*100); but I want to know if there is an easy way to find out, if the trades in a buydrop till the...
[Deleted]
Where are stored (all) the settings of: MetaTradre > Tools > Options None file was updated in "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4" (and sub folders)after changing some settings !! Thanks
I can't figure out why my if statement isn't working properly. Here is the segmentin question: Print("1-last_sar = ", last_sar, " current_SAR = ", current_SAR); if(last_sar != current_SAR) { Print("2-last_sar = ", last_sar, " current_SAR = ", current_SAR); mod_results = OrderModify(ticket,0...
[Deleted]
I have just downloaded the MACD Sample program and ran it through the strategy tester.I used it on an interval of M1 over a period of 1 day (yesterday 30/1/2007) withthe following parameters. Take profit = 20 Lots = 0.1 Trailing Stop = 30 MACD Open level = 3 MACD Close level = 2 MA Trend...
Why when I start EA in tester with parameters for PTT less then 7 I have error ? I was tested this short code for USDJPY
[Deleted]
Dear Coders, What's the major difference between control point and every ticket? I am not veryclear at the information given at the help file of MT4. I collected some eas fromother forums and backtest them, some yield same nasty result on control pointsand everuyticket, some however work better on...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Let's say I'm trading the GBP/USD, how can I calculate how much euro each pip is?Some goes for all other pairs ... 1 pip = xxxx Euro ??? Seems simple, but can't get it done ... Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. Greetingz, Koen.
can someone explain MacdCurrent>(MACDOpenLevel*Point) means ? tks
[Deleted]
  ObjectCreate  (3)
Is there any information available for using this function to create linear regressionand std dev channels? I have succesfully created an object, but when I use ObjectGet to query the deviation, it always returns 1. Help please?
[Deleted]
I tried. the answers seem to be NO. Anyone can help?