MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1100

If i was using candlestick chart type to view the chart then i can't see the line chart on current window is their any script/indicator that can show me the line chart on candlestick chart ( wanted to see both chart type candlestick & line chart on same window ) ?
[Deleted]
Is it possible to use multiple time frames within an EA and if so then could you link me to some documentation on it. I want my EA to do this: if 15 minute chart indicator x is giving a buy signal then if 5 minute indicator z is giving a buy signal then open order I am new to expert advisors, any...
[Deleted]
Hello ; firstly I would like to represent my indicator like that : it's a great indicator that I found here :https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9402 but my problem is I would like to do the same but instead of moving average, I 'm basing on my own indicator that I call histogramtrend (it' s similar to...
  Objprop_Angle??  (7)
Hi, Has anybody got ObjectGet("objectname", Objprop_Angle) to work? Draw a simple trend line between 2 points and try to get the angle? I don't think this function works but please prove me wrong! thanks
Hello Everyone. I am new to coding, however have been trading a while. I bought and read the "Expert Advisor Programming" book by Andrew Young. I found this very helpful and am currently making a VERY simple EA, however as I said I am new to coding - but want to get into it and give it a go. A...
How can i send/receive messages between MT4 and C++
Hello, I wrote an EA to collect data from MT4 into excel. I need the high, low and the day of the week of an hourly bar.And I use it as backtest . So I set a starting date and an end date. I get all the info in excel. BUT! I get a limit number of lines, only 274 lines of data. Is it possible to get...
  days range  (5)
I am not a technie but understand how the code has been written. I want a custom indicator which shows the day's range. i got the following code from other indicator as a part of other infos. but i want the range to be on right top or bottom with bigger font and color which i can customize...
[Deleted]
hi guys,i got a problems with this EA, can someone please help me fix it ? i added a multiplier for the EA and when i change multiply to 1.6,the step always not following the parameter like step3 jump to step9 and no open step4. I got no idea for it,so please help :( B Regards Geo
  Units vs Lots  (7)
I'm battling with lots vs units oanda style.... My base is $USD - I want to sell $10000 eurusd @ 1.3890 and $10 000 eurjpy @ 105.97 each. So on the oanda platform it gives it as 7 179 units each, what would that be in lots for MetaTrader and how do I get there ? Probably going to kick myself, but...
Is anyone else out there having problems with putting in a search term such as iCustom and not getting any results? Is there a browser setting that could be causing my problems? I have also had problems with multiple terms. In other words searching for two words with a "&" operator as suggested in...
MT4 used to add a "[tp]" to the comments when my trades reached their limit. Now, when they reach their limit, it adds "[tp/a]". The person on the phone at my broker doesn't know -- she claims it is my EA putting it in :) Just curious: Is this a change you made at metaquotes or is this a change my...
Hi Folks, I'm probably going to look like a right ass now, but I can't get this figured. Might be the flu that's fried the brain, but instead of hurting myself trying to figure this out I thought I'd ask. I want to calculate the positions value. So let's say I bought Eurusd 0.8 lots at 1.2345,...
This code works: string getSTRField(string query) { string result; string row; int length=StringLen(query); int res2 = mysql_real_query(mysql,query,length); int res = mysql_store_result(mysql); if(res==0) { Print("result of query stored = 0!!"); Print("GetLastError...
I am using two demo accounts with 2 diferrent brokers, i don't understand why the grafical view is diferent using the same moving average, scale etc
[Deleted]
Dear All, Can anyone explain to me about the following trading criteria (MQL4 Book - Simple Programs in MQL4 - Simple Expert Advisor), especially what is the meaning of "Distance between MAs "(double Rastvor = 28.0 / / Distance the between MAs), Thank you....
[Deleted]
This is the first sound Alert I have ever put in a code. The simple things always turn out to be a bug for me. I looked at an example but I didn't see any variable for Playsound. Would help if I could make this work. I have some other issues that I will Post later. Thanks, JimTrader1
[Deleted]
How can i increase stoploss after win? For example: IF I WIN FIRST TRADE WITH 30 PIPS STOPLOSS, I WANT OPEN SECOND TRADE WITH 30 + 15 = 45 PIPS STOPLOSS, IF I WIN SECOND TRADE TOO, I WANT OPEN THIRD TRADE WITH 45 + 15 = 60 PIPS STOPLOSS. ETC................ Can you write me code? Thank you.
Hi, I would like to use INS key in my EA. After press the INS key the EA should display InputBox() dialog. How to programm and assign the INS key on expert advisor using MQL4 syntax? Rgds, Puncher
[Deleted]
Hello ; at the moment I have created an horizontal line without Label like that : but I would like to have an indicator with label like that http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2010/09/15/45438.png the code is like this if(!ObjectCreate("ligne1",OBJ_HLINE,0,temps1,valeur1))...
[Deleted]
I'm using bar closes to signal an entry on my EA. Once in the position I want to monitor the position by tick so I can adjust a trailing stop. Currently I'm using the following code in the EA to so I can get a signal on a close from a function that looks at an iCustom indicator. Is there another...
[Deleted]
Hello ; you know when we use the function iMA(string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift), there is way to know the value of all time frame, but in applied price, we must use they are constants . but I would like to show the trend of...
[Deleted]
  Need Help !!  (6)
Dear All, I need help. I've been trying to find errors in the coding attached, but I have not found such errors (always appears errors when compiled). Please help, I am a newbie. Thank you.
I have a few functions in my ea, one writes info to file, mydata.dat and the other to mydata.dat3                                               int handle3=FileOpen("mydata.dat3", FILE_BIN|FILE_READ);                                               if...
Hi Everyone, I want to read .csv file with precalculated data and load this data to indicator. File data has such stucture: Date time, data1, data2, data3, data4 2011.10.20 00:22,-0.04558,-0.76599,1.65205,2.83105 2011.10.20 00:26,-0.04582,-0.76509,1.65226,2.83158 For indicator...
I have win 7 x64 and LiveUpdate do not work. Do you know any work arround for this problem ? Thanks
Hello, I have a question about take profit and stop loss. than, y0
[Deleted]
// parameters extern int MagicNumber = 19102011; extern int TP = 150; extern int SL = 100; extern double Lot = 0.01; extern int Slip = 10; // do truot cho giá extern double B = 0.00020; // Breakout points //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert start...
[Deleted]
Hi, Using an EA, How does can one close only a selection of orders or trades from a number of orders on one currency within the same EA? Should one differentiate them by Magic number upfront (when placing orders) and then close them according to Magic number, or is there another way? Many thanks
  Is it possible?!  (10)
Hi, there!I am using offline chart updated every tick with indicator. My question is is it possible to attach script to that chart and automatically trade, since EA can not be used with offline generated chart even updated every tick.FX